Bitfenix Prodigy - Fallout 3 Case Mod - Vault Boy

Oh so for your arc mini build, nice! cant wait for more!

Yup the arc mini build. I'm actually thinking of making a few changes to that build :D. Hopefully I'll have some time once I finish this one

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

UPDATE

I just finished figuring out all the fittings I will need for this build. I'm not going to be using fittings for the bends but the only bends I will have are one single 90 degree bend in all the tubes, I think it will look good like that. I actually like the look of bent tubing, plus I gotta use the monsoon bending kit form time to time :P

I also placed my final orders for this build, 3 of them actually, Performance PCs, Frozen CPU and Daz Mode :D . I couldn't find everything I needed in one place. The bulk of it is fittings but also the EK Supremacy EVO CPU block, lighting and some cables and sleeving gear in order to do the fans and pumps. Once everything arrives I should be able to finally finish this build :D , it might take a short while until it's 100% finished but at least I'll have everything I need

Here's a screen shot of nearly all the fittings I will be using in this build if you wanna get an idea :)

EGsn0WB.jpg

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

How much is the evo block, is it much more than the original?

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

A quick question in regards to your lighting. Will you be attempting to do hidden lighting? I find that often people just mount their LED's and whatnot in a way that does effectively light the case, but often is visible as to where the light source actually comes from. I would love to see someone do their LED's in a way that they aren't visible, and the case just seems to glow on it's own. Would be exceptionally appropriate for your build.

Cannot wait to see the finished product.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

My notifications were blown up by this because I was out of town for the weekend (Got really excited). Really love what you did the waterblock  :D

How much is the evo block, is it much more than the original?

It's the same price as the original. I think the plan is that it will just replace the original. Here's the one I got, only Frozen CPU seems to have this one left in stock - EK Supremacy EVO Nickel Plexi

If you're planning on getting a new CPU block from EK then definitely get the EVO but if you already have the original then just stick with that as it won't make much of a difference :)

A quick question in regards to your lighting. Will you be attempting to do hidden lighting? I find that often people just mount their LED's and whatnot in a way that does effectively light the case, but often is visible as to where the light source actually comes from. I would love to see someone do their LED's in a way that they aren't visible, and the case just seems to glow on it's own. Would be exceptionally appropriate for your build.

Cannot wait to see the finished product.

Yea that's the plan mate, gonna try to have them hidden as much as I can. I got two 5.5" DarkSide Connect White LED strips. I might just use one depending how bright it is. I heard they are pretty bright

The place I'm thinking of mounting it is in the roof on the mb side just above it towards the back as the front will be lit by the fan LEDs. So hopefully with the side panels on and the carbon fiber strip it will be hidden.

If I decide to use two then the second one will go in the same place but on the other side, over the GPU

My notifications were blown up by this because I was out of town for the weekend (Got really excited). Really love what you did the waterblock  :D

Thanks man :D

SIMPLE MODZ

UPDATE

The screws for the back plate arrived today so I assembled the GPU and water block. I also did a test fit in the case :P

As you can see I sanded the pink caps on the GPU, you'll know what I mean if you're familiar with the reference R9 290 pcb, unfortunately I forgot to take a pic before.

Here it is:

3zq6syn.jpg

EgS8W9b.jpg

FAjdBht.jpg

8FeDvju.jpg

DN5I89z.jpg

OgxcItb.jpg

lFdZXuX.jpg

qSUIfD5.jpg

sx3tRr2.jpg

HhJo0Ci.jpg

IQWlKAQ.jpg

L57TRbn.jpg

That's it for now guys. I have my first exam on Saturday morning. I might work on an I/O cover for the motherboard after that over the weekend. I'm also thinking of doing a custom acrylic plate for the motherboard tray in order to cover all the cable routing holes I won't be using. That will probably be it in terms of the mods. And I will also need to do some work on the custom vinyl stickers for the build :)

All my orders from PerformancePCs, FrozenCPU and DazMode have shipped and are on their way :D . I'm still waiting on the cables from IceModz

SIMPLE MODZ

That looks really good, I'm digging the vinyl, I always thought that the not completely full cover (if you get what i mean) blocks wouldn't look nice but it is actually quite fancy looking!  :) Also good luck with the exam!

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

Keep the pictures coming :D!

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights"

That looks really good, I'm digging the vinyl, I always thought that the not completely full cover (if you get what i mean) blocks wouldn't look nice but it is actually quite fancy looking!  :) Also good luck with the exam!

Thanks man. Yea I used to think the same as the only other GPUs I watercooled are the short pcb GTX 670s and the EK block for that covers the whole pcb and looks really good. Though I also really like the look of this too :)

Studying hard for the exam but all I can think of is finishing this build haha :lol:

Keep the pictures coming :D!

Thanks man. I sure will try too :P. Hopefully have an update over the weekend :)

SIMPLE MODZ

Y U NO FINISH DIS ALREDY

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Y U NO FINISH DIS ALREDY

I have been very busy with uni lately so had to take some time off from this ... like 3 weeks :( . This also allowed me to gather up more funds to purchase the remaining parts needed :) , so now I'm just waiting for everything to arrive :D . I'll hopefully have it finished in a few weeks if everything arrives on time

SIMPLE MODZ

Y EVRYTHING NO BE ARRIVD ALREDY

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

UPDATE

One exam down, one to go this Saturday! Been pretty busy in the weekend rearranging stuff in the house and also did some work on the build :)

I worked on the motherboard tray acrylic cover and also on a cover/plate for the rear I/O and the raised power delivery pcb on the P8Z77I Deluxe.

The motherboard tray cover is 2mm thick clear acrylic. I'm gonna carbon fiber wrap that as well but I'm gonna wait till the EK Supremacy EVO arrives to make sure it fits, if not then I might have to make a cut out in the middle of the acrylic.

The motherboard cover is made from 1mm thick aluminum. I had a pretty hard time bending that with just some pliers and a hammer haha. Came out pretty good in the end. Once I carbon fiber wrapped it, it looks good and blends in with the GPU. I made sure I wrapped most of the aluminum where it touches the mb, I read somewhere people saying it's not good to use aluminum but I think it's gonna be all good how I did it.

Here are the pics :D

rHto0XZ.jpg

kHRkcP9.jpg

Test fit

YbVfteE.jpg

jHt0sD3.jpg

pgn61eH.jpg

You can also see here a small cover I made for the Wi-Fi card in order to cover the green pcb showing on that

YfGUPbg.jpg

Here's the motherboard tray cover

bW8D7oI.jpg

b6LNFYA.jpg

FqmsTBB.jpg

And here's the carbon fiber wrapped covers :D

8w5EW9E.jpg

P07jQJy.jpg

You can see here how it is on the inside, covered most of the spots where it touches the motherboard :)

Ac1cGOw.jpg

RqvvCzD.jpg

vs6YR5a.jpg

MlHZb0g.jpg

9hagRNq.jpg

EIIsgSZ.jpg

n1dYO25.jpg

The good thing about the motherboard cover is that it sits there pretty snug so I won't have to tape it to the motherboard or anything. For the Wi-Fi card cover I will use some double sided tape :)

VBG3sqy.jpg

And here is the spot I made ready in my bedroom for the build, where my crappy laptop is sitting currently.

XCfGaKJ.jpg

That's my entertainment cabinet for now. When I move out this will all go in the living room :D

Hope you guys enjoyed this update. Stay tuned as most of my orders should arrive this week :D

SIMPLE MODZ

Haha coz I didn't have money for it :lol:

Y U NO ROB BANK

In all seriousness though that is awesome!

That motherboard cover thingy looks awesome! :D 

one question though: why use acrylic for the tray when you're going to put carbon fiber wrap on it anyways?

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

Y U NO ROB BANK

In all seriousness though that is awesome!

Thanks man :D

That motherboard cover thingy looks awesome! :D

one question though: why use acrylic for the tray when you're going to put carbon fiber wrap on it anyways?

Thanks :D . I'm using acrylic because with the tools I have (jigsaw) it's probably the easiest to work with, comes in difference thickness and its cheap. I'm also thinking of having an LED strip or a small 3mm LED underneath and have it glow around the edges somehow, I will have to play around with that :)

*has both consoles*  <_<

Well yea I had no money at the time ... I work a casual job while studying full time at uni. Some weeks I work more than others as time permits so I earn more. I save and I buy things ... I have no other responsibilities at the moment

SIMPLE MODZ

Thanks :D . I'm using acrylic because with the tools I have (jigsaw) it's probably the easiest to work with, comes in difference thickness and its cheap. I'm also thinking of having an LED strip or a small 3mm LED underneath and have it glow around the edges somehow, I will have to play around with that :)

I was hoping for that led answer, i want to do it too but i don't know how. so if you could hurry up i can copy you.

Just kidding, take your time  ;)

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

AWESOME BUILD DUDE 

WHY DIDNT U GO FOR GYPHRON MOTHERBOARD 

SRY FOR CAPS LOCK NOT WORKING STUCK AWWWWWWWWWW

THE LITTLE DEVIL : i5 4690k on NOCTUA NHD15

Asus z97 sabertooth mark 2 

WD black 1TB & WD Green 2TB HDD, Samsung 840 Evo 240gb & Hyperx 240gb SSD 

RAM- Corsair vengence 16gb and hyperx fury 8gb

PSU-Seasonic sII 620 wtt power supply

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

Audio: SennheiserHD 558 and antlion mod mic

PHOnE: Realme 3 pro 

AWESOME BUILD DUDE 

I do believe there is no ITX version of the Gryphon Asus boards, but I think the chosen Asus board fits damn well with the build.

Ola Englund does not approve of your hashtags. Sleep is for the weak, insomnia builds character.

As you are reading this you are slowly traveling forwards in time to where you will get out of the time machine and continue to read posts. Too spookyfor100me.

I do believe there is no ITX version of the Gryphon Asus boards, but I think the chosen Asus board fits damn well with the build.

Yup I agree the blue did look well

Still am awesome hotshot build

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

I was hoping for that led answer, i want to do it too but i don't know how. so if you could hurry up i can copy you.

Just kidding, take your time   ;)

Haha yea it seems like a good idea that would look pretty cool if implemented well. I ordered three 5.5" white DarkSide LED strips, two for the roof of the case and one for this. I think it may be too big or too bright to have underneath such a small motherboard, also given that it sits horizontally, but I still want to see how it looks. If not then I have some small 3mm LEDs I could use :P

AWESOME BUILD DUDE 

Yup I agree the blue did look well

Still am awesome hotshot build

Thanks guys. Yea the Gryphon is a pretty good looking board but it's M-ATX and only z87 and z97, the 3570k only works on z77 or z68 :)

SIMPLE MODZ

Haha yea it seems like a good idea that would look pretty cool if implemented well. I ordered three 5.5" white DarkSide LED strips, two for the roof of the case and one for this. I think it may be too big or too bright to have underneath such a small motherboard, also given that it sits horizontally, but I still want to see how it looks. If not then I have some small 3mm LEDs I could use :P

Thanks guys. Yea the Gryphon is a pretty good looking board but it's M-ATX and only z87 and z97, the 3570k only works on z77 or z68 :)

Ohh I didn't that ahhh my bad :lol: