Bitfenix Prodigy - Fallout 3 Case Mod - Vault Boy

I just realized something are the power and reset button on the back of the case

Yup around the back next to the PSU :P. They're the original ones from the case just used the housing and cut the PCB

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Yup around the back next to the PSU :P. They're the original ones from the case just used the housing and cut the PCB

so you relocated them? why'd you move them to the back?

current build and total cost   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/150083-thrift-shop-build/

I apologize for my crappy English I'm American

so you relocated them? why'd you move them to the back?

Yea I just relocated them. This is because the Prodigy has them on the side panel, picture, along with USB3 and front panel audio which I don't need as it just adds extra cable clutter. I also couldn't leave it like that because I'm not using the side panels at all. Just the acrylic panels I made. Also there was nowhere else I could put them, front and side panels are clear acrylic and no room on top due to the rad. I thought of getting one of those Mod Smart switches but relocating the original power/reset switch was just easier. If you're not familiar with the Prodigy, that's also how the case used to look before I modded it. Hope this helps to clarify things :)

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

PL-SW53R_1.jpg

You need some safety switches on that bad boy, you can get ones with different colored covers.

I don't know if they would work as a power switch though, but if they could, 1 or 2 would look awesome.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

You need some safety switches on that bad boy, you can get ones with different colored covers.

I don't know if they would work as a power switch though, but if they could, 1 or 2 would look awesome.

Hey man. Thanks for that, yea they do look pretty cool. I'm thinking once I finish this build and start modding my current green machine that I could make that into a BoS theme or something, could use something like this on that :)

SIMPLE MODZ

Hey guys!

Sorry I don't really have an update yet. Nothing much has been happening since I finished the case. I did receive some components that I can show off but I didn't have time to take some pictures of them due to working all weekend. I also bought one of those photo cube tents so I might wait for that to arrive and take some cool shots of the components in it :D

Thanks for the kind words and for showing interest in my build!

Stay tuned :P

SIMPLE MODZ

UPDATE

Hey guys, here is a small update with a brief overview of the components I have so far:

Second hand XFX R9 290 which I purchased from eBayAu for $290 :P

wk4ZOBj.jpg

Pretty good condition cosmetically, I haven't had the chance to test it yet as I still need a motherboard. Also don't really care that it's reference design since I will be putting a waterblock on it anyway.

oT5CmZb.jpg

VYvsRWG.jpg

2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz memory from my previous build. I purchased the EK Monarch RAM Block and modules for it, it's the nickel plexi CSQ version which I'm gonna change the top to the clear plexi version. I'm thinking of painting the modules in the same blue as the case :)

gSyKAWR.jpg

The following were purchased new:

Crucial MX100 256GB SSD. I'm also thinking of painting this yellow :P

x4WmMdJ.jpg

t056dD1.jpg

SilverStone Strider Gold PSU, only 140mm deep.

Ae1CiJc.jpg

gdeR0eM.jpg

8ynYG96.jpg

FOPOiEY.jpg

DdjSzGR.jpg

First thing I did was remove that ugly sticker. No point to paint this as it won't really be seen with the PSU side covers I have.

TYd24GO.jpg

The cables waiting to be cut and sleeved :)

euA9NMy.jpg

Mayhems Pastel Sunset Yellow coolant, 250ml concentrate makes 1L. Should be enough for this build :)

M1vQh01.jpg

And lastly the Intel Pentium Anniversary G3258 CPU

eq6Nx5O.jpg

I do have the CPU however I did score a better one for a good deal on eBay. I've also got my eyes on a different motherboard too. Can't really confirm until I know for sure that I'm gonna get it. Anyways the CPU will be much better than the pentium K if everything goes through nicely with the MB, fingers crossed :o. Though I'm still curious to try the little one out, might use it in a future build for my girlfriend :P.

That's it for now. Once I get the motherboard I will be able to fit everything in the case and test the components to make sure everything is working.

Once that is done I will be looking at getting all my sleeving gear and the rest of the watercooling gear I need. Also need more funds for that so it might be a little while :o. I will keep you guys posted.

Also the photo cube didn't work out, I just didn't like it so I returned it :) . I'm currently looking into setting up a custom home made photo studio, hopefully I'll have that ready in a short while for future picture updates.

Stay tuned! :P

SIMPLE MODZ

Amazing build so far. Can't wait to see the finished product  :)

A shame that the reference cooler from the new AMD series performces so shitty, it looks so good...

Wanna see the sleeved cables! Whoop Whoop!

Yea it is a shame though I think the heat the card makes is more at issue here probably. Can't wait to test it out :P

And also really keen to get started on the sleeving! :D

Amazing build so far. Can't wait to see the finished product  :)

Thanks mate. Yea I can't wait to see it finished either, hopefully I manage to get more funds and finish it in the next month or so :) . Though I did also start uni now too, hopefully sleeving won't take that much to do given that I don't really need that many cables for this build

SIMPLE MODZ

Yea it is a shame though I think the heat the card makes is more at issue here probably. Can't wait to test it out :P

And also really keen to get started on the sleeving! :D

Thanks mate. Yea I can't wait to see it finished either, hopefully I manage to get more funds and finish it in the next month or so :) . Though I did also start uni now too, hopefully sleeving won't take that much to do given that I don't really need that many cables for this build

A tip on the sleeving if you're using the plastic one like i used, wear a single cotton glove, your fingertips will thank you when you're stretching out the sleeving. I has no fingerprints after i did the PCI-E cables, i bought gloves to do the rest, it was a godsend :)

A tip on the sleeving if you're using the plastic one like i used, wear a single cotton glove, your fingertips will thank you when you're stretching out the sleeving. I has no fingerprints after i did the PCI-E cables, i bought gloves to do the rest, it was a godsend :)

Good tip! :) Thanks for that. I plan on using Lutr0 sleeving which is what I think you used. I have some cotton gloves from my Monsoon bending kit :P though I didn't think to used them.

Also where did you get the Barrow fittings you used in your build from? On ebay they only have silver and black ones, where did you get the white ones? I'm hoping I can find some Black Sparkle :)

SIMPLE MODZ

SMALL UPDATE

I can now say for sure that the new CPU and MB that are going in this build are the Intel i5 3570K and the ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe.

I have been wanting to get my hands on that motherboard ever since it came out last year but I never had the chance or funds to get it then. And now they are not in production anymore. I was really bummed when ASUS droped the black and blue colour scheme on their motherboards.

Finding this MB on eBay was what made me change my mind about my CPU and MB, also the 3570K is much better that the Pentium K and even though it's Ivy Bridge and not the latest Devil's Canyon I'm sure it will last me a while with what I'm planning on doing with this build.

I picked up the CPU for $160 on eBay and the MB just today for $200, though I had hoped to pay less than that for an older Z77 MB I guess there were other people like me who really wanted it. Also it fits my colour scheme nicely.

However this now means I will have to drop the MSI Z97I Gaming as well as the EK-FB MSI Z97I-Gaming full cover water block coming out for it from EK, though I haven't heard anything further about it other than the announcement on EK's website. The CPU block I will be using now is the EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ Nickel Plexi :). I will use the Pentium K in my next build for my girlfriend.

The CPU just arrived today and the MB should be here next week.

Anyways the build is coming together nicely.

Will post an update with pics next week when I will start assembling and testing everything. Also now that I have pretty much everything I need I can continue some further mods I have in mind with this build.

Stay tuned! :D

Alex

SIMPLE MODZ

Good tip! :) Thanks for that. I plan on using Lutr0 sleeving which is what I think you used. I have some cotton gloves from my Monsoon bending kit :P though I didn't think to used them.

Also where did you get the Barrow fittings you used in your build from? On ebay they only have silver and black ones, where did you get the white ones? I'm hoping I can find some Black Sparkle :)

I painted mine.

Hey I am planning a build and I was wondering if you guys could check it out

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189541-help-a-newb/

Hey. Unfortunately I am not familiar at all with AMD chips and MB, especially the low end ones. Some recommendations I would have are, go with 2 x 4GB memory, get a Seagate 1TB hdd they are cheaper that WD, check out the new cheap SSDs from Corsair the LX series, and I would rather pick a cheap case from Bitfenix, the Shinobi with a window would be nice, or NZXT or Corsair case, they offer some pretty good cheaper cases too, GPU is all good. Dunno if that stays within your budget, I could only link you to some Australian websites but prices would be higher here. Hope this helps ... at least a little :). Good luck with your build!

SIMPLE MODZ

Hey I am planning a build and I was wondering if you guys could check it out

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189541-help-a-newb/

Next time stay within your topic instead of highjacking this thread, which many people follow because of the casemod, not because they wanna see your build plans.