Bitfenix Prodigy - Fallout 3 Case Mod - Vault Boy

Just focus on your education for now, we can wait (but not for a long time mind you)  :D  :P

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

i always quite liked the blue + yellow combo, and DAMN your build renews that thought again! 

also, good luck with uni etc

Thanks :D. Yea I always wanted for some reason to use yellow coolant in a build. I also wanted to do a themed build with modding and that's how the Vault Boy build was born haha :P

Just focus on your education for now, we can wait (but not for a long time mind you)  :D  :P

Thanks man :D. Haha I should have a small update at the end of the week :P , if the package I'm waiting for arrives by then :)

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Just a thought, won't that Res have a seriously impediment to airflow? My idea to solve this would be as follows:

1. Fans for the rad should be twin Noctua IPPC industrial 3000rpm's, because they will push more air more quietly than anything on the market. With the frame of the fan painted with the same type of yellow caution stripes.

2. Make some sort of grommet or something to go between the fans and the rad (Without increasing depth, like some sort of sealant or something so that all the air from the fans has nowhere to go except through the radfins.)

3. Possibly a shorter reservoir? Just a thought.

Still, looks friggin epic. Definitely gets my nomination for build of the week when it's done.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just a thought, won't that Res have a seriously impediment to airflow? My idea to solve this would be as follows:

1. Fans for the rad should be twin Noctua IPPC industrial 3000rpm's, because they will push more air more quietly than anything on the market. With the frame of the fan painted with the same type of yellow caution stripes.

2. Make some sort of grommet or something to go between the fans and the rad (Without increasing depth, like some sort of sealant or something so that all the air from the fans has nowhere to go except through the radfins.)

3. Possibly a shorter reservoir? Just a thought.

Still, looks friggin epic. Definitely gets my nomination for build of the week when it's done.

Oh mate, to be honest I'm not too worried about air flow restriction. The res doesn't sit like flush to the rad or anything plus it doesn't block much of it, I'll take a clearer picture when I get the chance. I'm sure it will be all good, thanks for the tips though :D:P . Also I want to make the res a feature in the build which is why I'm using a big one, I really like how tube reservoirs look :D

Thanks a lot for the support if I end up going for build of the week/month with it. I hope it will be finished within a month or so :) , still pretty busy with uni :mellow:

SIMPLE MODZ

VAULT BOY - A Fallout inspired build  (Featured Build - December 2014) - GREEN MOLECULE - TOXIC CHROME - PARVUM FORMULA

Oh mate, to be honest I'm not too worried about air flow restriction. The res doesn't sit like flush to the rad or anything plus it doesn't block much of it, I'll take a clearer picture when I get the chance. I'm sure it will be all good, thanks for the tips though :D:P . Also I want to make the res a feature in the build which is why I'm using a big one, I really like how tube reservoirs look :D

Thanks a lot for the support if I end up going for build of the week/month with it. I hope it will be finished within a month or so :) , still pretty busy with uni :mellow:

If you like tube res's I wish I had the money to send you one of those frozenQ reservoirs with the helix in em. A shame that they aren't yellow. Although I guess your pastel yellow coolant would cover the helix wouldn't it. I'm about to start Uni on monday so I know the feeling. Trying to get all my nerd energies out now lol

If you like tube res's I wish I had the money to send you one of those frozenQ reservoirs with the helix in em. A shame that they aren't yellow. Although I guess your pastel yellow coolant would cover the helix wouldn't it. I'm about to start Uni on monday so I know the feeling. Trying to get all my nerd energies out now lol

Yea those FrozenQ reservoirs are pretty nice, might consider getting one for a future build :P. Good luck with your uni mate :)

SIMPLE MODZ

Yea those FrozenQ reservoirs are pretty nice, might consider getting one for a future build :P. Good luck with your uni mate :)

Soooooo......just found the case for my idea for a BoS themed build

SC-01b.png

Deepcool Steam Castle. Le-Awesome

Soooooo......just found the case for my idea for a BoS themed build

Deepcool Steam Castle. Le-Awesome

I don't quite like the look of the case but I can see how it would be good for a BoS build :P

SIMPLE MODZ

SMALL UPDATE

Hey guys, sorry I haven't had an update in quite a while. Been very busy with uni and still am at the moment. I got the presentation and report out the way, 2 assignment and 2 exams to go ... for now -_-

However I did manage to order the cables from IceModz :D. They should arrive within two weeks I would say, depending on shipping. By that time I should have everything done for uni as well :D

Here is a sneak peak of how the 24 pin cable will look :P. They will all be sleeved with paracord so that I can get some really good bends and have them as short as possible :)

RGhTpNq.jpg

SIMPLE MODZ

Looks promising :) can i fast-forward two weeks please?

Ditto.

Edit: SLEEVING WITH PARACORD? YOU SIR ARE A MAN AFTER MY OWN HEART

Looks promising :) can i fast-forward two weeks please?

Thanks :D. I wish I could fast-forward too haha. So much to do ...

Ditto.

Edit: SLEEVING WITH PARACORD? YOU SIR ARE A MAN AFTER MY OWN HEART

Haha thanks mate :P. It's about time I wrap up this build ae haha it's been about 3 months now since I started modding. I will be making my final order for the rest of the parts I need this weekend :D

SIMPLE MODZ

NICE.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

NICE.

Can't wait to see all the cables :) an odd question but what sort of price were the custom cables?

I also can't wait to see them :D. They were shipped yesterday btw :D, so I might receive them sooner than I thought :P

As for the pricing, here's a link to the IceModz webshop, all pricing is listed there, but it obviously depends on how many cables you need and the length :)

SIMPLE MODZ

UPDATE

About a week ago I purchased an ASUS R9 290 reference from eBay with an EK FC R9-290X Nickel Plexi block already installed. Yup, another R9 290. I figured once the new Nvidia or AMD graphics cards come out I will get a new one for this build and use the two R9 290s that I have now in my other build which has two GTX 670s in atm.

This was perfect for me as this card already had the exact water block I wanted for this build...

Little did I know that the water block was corroded until I received it :angry:

The auction stated "perfect working condition" and nothing of corrosion with a picture of 4 of these cards in cross fire. I would have thought that someone who can afford a system like this also knows how to take care of it properly :angry:

This is how it looked like once I took it apart after I received it :(

zTbBAPL.jpg

K24WRFx.jpg

PBCuICQ.jpg

figCHEb.jpg

Hi06Qvp.jpg

I then bought some Brasso Metal Polish and gave it a nice scrub

I think it came out pretty good in the end, other than some small spots where the copper is now showing

Mk6DTHr.jpg

nshORfq.jpg

lXnyo02.jpg

However I still wasn't happy with it. I took it apart again and gave the plexi a polish too with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound Polish  and also some very simple modding :P

I present you the EK FC R9-290X Nickel Plexi - Carbon Fiber Edition :D

you can also see that the plexi polish did it good too

IyEHNbD.jpg

JueHiOO.jpg

Also did the back plate

4L7zaNr.jpg

As I wen't to install it I realized that I'm missing the screws to the back plate  :angry:  (eBay!)

I ordered some now and should arrive in a couple of days.

Anyways, let me know what you think of the water block. I think it will look good with the carbon fiber in the side panel window :D

SIMPLE MODZ

You making me so jelly wit dat swag

But don't you have an itx system? surely it wont be able to fit?

You making me so jelly wit dat swag

It means I'm doing a good job with the build then hahaha :P

and that's why i never buy second hand electronics.. 

however at least you have the skills to fix them :P looks awesome!

Thanks man. Yea unfortunately it's an expensive hobby we're in, which is why I turn to eBay to try and get a good deal. Sometimes things go a little bit sour but other times it works out great as it did for me numerous times. Most of the components in this build are second hand and that has helped me a lot in being able to afford this build :)

But don't you have an itx system? surely it wont be able to fit?

Do you mean fitting two R9 290 is an itx build? Yea the definitely won't fit lol. But I have another system which is matx with two GTX 670 in atm. When the new graphics card from either Nvidia or AMD come out, I will get the new flagship for this build, and use the two R9 290s in the other maxt build instead of the two 670s :)

SIMPLE MODZ

Do you mean fitting two R9 290 is an itx build? Yea the definitely won't fit lol. But I have another system which is matx with two GTX 670 in atm. When the new graphics card from either Nvidia or AMD come out, I will get the new flagship for this build, and use the two R9 290s in the other maxt build instead of the two 670s :)

Oh so for your arc mini build, nice! cant wait for more!