The Piracy Thread

Builder

that song though

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

I'm all for it, in a utopia it would work magic.

You play the game, if it's good then you pay for it, if it's shit then you don't.

It would push devs to release good games otherwise they wouldn't get jack.

This is how I roll but I know the majority of pirates don't do the same. But imo this system would be the best.

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

I was going to type out some thoughts but that damn song is op.

Another excuse to link Judas Priest, oh yeah!

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I've read that topic... and holy schnitzels, Watch Dogs is out! I'm going to start buying it right now!

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

The end is nigh, to Davy Jones locker!

Personally I'm against it, I believe that if you consume a product you should pay for that use, and the "don't pay for it if it's bad" argument deals with some highly subjective stuff there are of course objective ways a game can be bad but the game can also function 100% fine and just be plain old boring and you know people will scream it's a terrible game because of that, and then you'll certainly have people who just want free stuff regardless of their enjoyment of the product.

On a side note, that song is uber boss!

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

lmfao that song, how to stop it???

Nevermind I found it

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Nobody would ever have to pirate anything if pricing was fair.

60 Bucks for a game ? That becomes 800MAD where i live, and that means a month's groceries. .

Everything is overpriced nowadays, publishers do whatever the hell they want, create the hype, overprice a piece of crap game, gain $$$.

Do you really believe that pirating harms anybody ? 

Bullshit.

They will always find ways to milk you.

I ain't no cow

So

05470593-photo-logo-the-pirate-bay-casse

I don't give a shit, I'll pirate movies tv shows or anything except games

Lol this forum is epic :D

Remove that please......I just got blasted by my speakers

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

you quoting it doesn't help as its now playing 2 times lol 

why does the forum allow embedding flash lol

I personally think it depends.....I always support the games I actually play. I almost never pirate a game. I do however pirate tv shows alot, most of them due to the fact that they aren't broadcast on any service that is available in my country......Unban hulu and similar places to non americans and I would not have to.

My problem with the debate is that governments all over the world are eliminating our freedoms and privacy to combat a problem that isn't really a problem....The gaming industrys greatest year was 2013.....their second best year was 2012. They aren't exactly having problems.....I think that debate is far more important.

Piracy did force the gaming, tv, and movie industry to get the head out of their behinds.....There is no freaking way that stuff like netflix would have happened without piracy.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

This is a huge thing to dismantle , it's right & it's wrong , :blink:

When the content creator go beyond sanity to claim they are broke because they got 20 million less than 70 millions earned , they are right , but with that sense they cant call pirates greedy bastards , they're both doing somewhat same claims . i dont agree piracy s good as well , they do put content out for their own benifits , But i do say , whenit's tooo much it's bad , it hurts the creative side ,

This segues into free speech ,(  :mellow:  not again!) in short , try to remember SOPA act & You know why you stood against it. an Example is the event where wikileaks had , their files were protected & backed  by TPB alone while every others site stood away . "LEGALLY" it was bad . But those who'd seen it knew it was wrong from their aspect & the people behind it wanted this to be bound to their eyes only , while chasing down those who does the same thing.

Piracy shows the virtual prison that we live in , the boundaries they set for us as a Human entity, it's like friction Sometimes it helps you stop before you fall into a further abyss and sometimes it scrapes our skins along the way , problem is how you choose which one.

for Piracy (free aspect) : In the end it's an individuals (your) decision weather it's worth the value or say no to getting scammed.

for legal (controlled)     : you should answer to it whatever it its worth even when it's unfair.

it depends on your own free perspective , or from a place they taught you to look at it from. it's bad & it's wrong but sometimes you need to question everything & anything.. even yourself.

:ph34r: i still hate pirates.

Details separate people.

My apologies. Found it funny at first, understood how it actually is bit too late :/

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

You got no money? pirate

You got money? dont pirate

Same go for food? cars? computers?

Need a new 780ti, cant afford it so steal it

can afford it so buy it?

No, I disagree

The problem is that digital media is not seen as physical. If there was no such thing as downloadable media piracy would be very small and would just be considered theft

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You got no money? pirate

You got money? dont pirate

This.

Song Of The Day: Nujabes - Battlecry

Same go for food? cars? computers?

Need a new 780ti, cant afford it so steal it

can afford it so buy it?

No, I disagree

The problem is that digital media is not seen as physical. If there was no such thing as downloadable media piracy would be very small and would just be considered theft

digital and physical are different, they lose NOTHING if you download it when you would never have bought it anyway, compared to physical stuff that someone else would be able to buy instead.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

digital and physical are different, they lose NOTHING if you download it when you would never have bought it anyway, compared to physical stuff that someone else would be able to buy instead.

They lose your sale, they have already lost money creating the game/song/movie, they need to make it back to cover costs + more to cover the cost of the next game/song/movie

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

They lose your sale, they have already lost money creating the game/song/movie, they need to make it back to cover costs + more to cover the cost of the next game/song/movie

they dont lose the sale, the would NEVER have gotten it if you dont have money for it anyway, if i dont EVER plan on buying the movie they dont lose a dime by me watching it without paying, i would just not watch it and as such they might actually lose a sale in the future if i found myself really liking their work.

This is something new music artists know well and as such upload their music to youtube or bandcamp and allow people kto listen as much as they want and buy if they want to, and it WORKS

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

they dont lose the sale, the would NEVER have gotten it if you dont have money for it anyway, if i dont EVER plan on buying the movie they dont lose a dime by me watching it without paying, i would just not watch it and as such they might actually lose a sale in the future if i found myself really liking their work.

This is something new music artists know well and as such upload their music to youtube or bandcamp and allow people kto listen as much as they want and buy if they want to, and it WORKS

I just don't think that kind of thinking is good. In that case why should anybody pay for it. It is unfair that somebody can watch it for free when others have to pay for it. Sure many people argue the "trail before you buy" idea and thats great, but I know people myself that just flat out steal things they CAN afford and do not buy it ever or ever have the intention too. If I am like "ooh off to the cinema tomorrow" they are just like "oh i saw that 2 weeks ago i just downloaded it LOL"

Those artists/developers/studios have chosen to operate that way, to distribute their material in that manner to reach a bigger audience, that is their call. and that is a perfectly awesome way to operate.