Really bad 1% fps

I have a 3080, and im expecting myself to get to at least good 1% fps to match my actual fps maybe a 40 fps lost but, whenever it drops to 100 it feels laggy, am i supposed to have Ultimate performance on for my power plan and is it bad to have it on? also, do i need gpu priority when gaming, and should i stikc to 1440p or 1080 For fps gaming.

Need help!!!

There's too little info for anyone to help you. What game, what are the full system specs, what settings etc.

In general lower resolution will reduce load in the GPU, but higher frame rate will then be more taxing on the CPU, so you need one that can keep up with the 3080. And appropriate RAM as well.

Power plan is pretty much irrelevant to your performance, modern CPUs will scale up and down as needed in nanoseconds. High Power plan to prevent it from going to a lower power state only wastes power, nothing else.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

6 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

There's too little info for anyone to help you. What game, what are the full system specs, what settings etc.

In general lower resolution will reduce load in the GPU, but higher frame rate will then be more taxing on the CPU, so you need one that can keep up with the 3080. And appropriate RAM as well.

Power plan is pretty much irrelevant to your performance, modern CPUs will scale up and down as needed in nanoseconds. High Power plan to prevent it from going to a lower power state only wastes power, nothing else.

I got a i712700kf, and i play siege, cod , for honor, fortnite, overwatch, and in all games i feel really sluggish looking around with my 1440p monitor, this was also happening in my 1080 monitor it feels like im playing at 60 hz even tho im at 165 hz or 144 hz.  I got 32gb ram, and i thought 3080 is good enough to run at 1440p. And i mostly play on medium graphics in every game but i still feel sluggish looking around... Is it possible to be SSD issue to be bloated?

The 3080 is more than good enough for that resolution.

For multiplayer it can also depend on the server and/or your internet connection (i.e. latency).

Rather than going by feeling, use MSI Afterburner or similar to measure what frame rate your get and how consistent frame times are.

Speed of the SSD should be pretty much irrelevant outside of loading levels. It matters more for open world games that constantly stream in new assets.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

27 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

The 3080 is more than good enough for that resolution.

For multiplayer it can also depend on the server and/or your internet connection (i.e. latency).

Rather than going by feeling, use MSI Afterburner or similar to measure what frame rate your get and how consistent frame times are.

Speed of the SSD should be pretty much irrelevant outside of loading levels. It matters more for open world games that constantly stream in new assets.

Whenver i see my 1% fps go so low below 100, it feels sluggish even tho my actual fps is 200- 300