Biggest threats while building a pc

Bronese

No they will accept if it is within warranty.

It's called an RMA because RMA is an acronym for.

Return Mail Authorization? I think.

oh.

Nuggets In Pajamas 

No they will accept if it is within warranty.

It's called an RMA because RMA is an acronym for.

Return Mail Authorization? I think.

Very close, but not quite!

RMA = Return Materials Authorization

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Very close, but not quite!

RMA = Return Materials Authorization

mmmk

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

The fat of your finger rolling over while holding a cpu and it bending a pin :3 (Only Joking, but that would be ridiculous :P)

Current System- Asus Z87K Mobo, Palit GTX 780, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz RAM, Intel I5 4670K Processor at 4.1Ghz, 600w PSU Corsair, 120GB Boot drive SSD With 1TB External Drive. Numerous 120mm case fans. Oh and meatballs. Cant forget meatballs. 

Losing that one screw.

So you don't like being screwed over by screws?

EVGA GTX760 Superclocked (ACX) - i5 4570 - 8GB DDR3 - 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue - Corsair CX500 - NZXT Source 210(Black)  - 1x 120mm - Valley Bench http://imgur.com/J4EJnvV

When manufacture you bought it from(motherboards, especially) has terrible drivers.

Oh, and the pins. I try to be real careful on that.

And when you set everything together and you get a faulty component that you need to RMA or send it back to the place you bought it from.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I'm more concerned with it issuing a threat against my family. Many a time I've powered on the computer and had the BIOS say "I will find you and kill you" but I'm classically trained Jiujitsu fighter so no worries there. However it is a different story if during boot up after POST instead of the speaker beeping it said that "I have your wife and child".

Because of this I make sure to backhand my computer every day to let it know who the boss is.

Cats...cats and cables

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

That one week after you build your PC, the next gen comes

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

That one week after you build your PC, the next gen comes

i don't see how next gen is a threat,since the pc you build is probably next next gen.

Cat suddenly static shocking ram and other components to death with her fluffy face.

forgetting to finish tightening down mobo/heat sinks,

My Motherboard is held in by one screw, but I remembered afterwards that I didn't install the standoffs yet. the motherboard is literally stuck in the I/O shield so I couldn't even pull it out to install the other standoffs... At least I know it's in their snug. 

//ccap

i don't see how next gen is a threat,since the pc you build is probably next next gen.

Next gen of CPUs, GPUs etc

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

When i installed my RGB lights, i forgot to tape the cable when i cut it, so it was touching the case with bare wire.

When i connected my PC back up again and turned it on, the circuit breaker went out instantly...

Luckily my PC and lights survived everything :D

ninjas.

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

Static, just yesterday I was finishing up a build and I connected the power supply cable to the actual power supply but not the outlet, and I was touching the part that goes in the outlet and felt a nice buzz. I thought I fried my system, and I was terrified.

Being almost finished and realizing you forgot a piece so you have to take it back apart. Happened to me with the wifi module for my motherboard. Had the cable management done and every thing.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

Plugging in the front panel connectors wrong, until I realized that nothing would happen lol. I don't really worry

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Spilling my drink on the parts and being that i do not live in the US, a DOA part.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Shorting the MB

Bending the CPU socket pins

Dropping VGA

Dropping PSU on your foot (believe me it hurts)

Bending the SATA cable that it can sometimes detach itself from the drive (i did this twice)

not putting mecahnical hard drive correctly

forcing ram the wrong way

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

I've never had any problems.

At a push, that dreaded moment when you're not sure if the rear side panel is gonna close due to your ineffectual cable management!

dropping a screwdriver on your mobo cause your friend is yelling at you to hurry up... defiantly didn't happen to me P.S. it still worked after.

SONG- If you like pina-colatas ME- I like them SONG- And getting caught in the rain ME- I sorta like that SONG- If your not in to yoga ME- I hate yoga SONG- Then im the love that you look for ME-  :blink:  no...

build everything

press power button

nothing happens

cry in a corner

notice cable not plugged in correctly

Glimmer of hope

try button again

nothing happen

cry in corner

YOUR TEARING ME APART !!!

that happened to me except i fixed it for a hour then accidentally deleted a boot partition and didn't realize it... 

SONG- If you like pina-colatas ME- I like them SONG- And getting caught in the rain ME- I sorta like that SONG- If your not in to yoga ME- I hate yoga SONG- Then im the love that you look for ME-  :blink:  no...

The biggest threat, in my opinion? It has nothing to do with damaging the components, whether static discharge or because someone installed something improperly. It's when people buy hardware that they don't need like overkill CPUs and motherboards for the sake of e-peen. That's a much bigger threat to the average consumer, especially considering that there's billions of guides on how to assemble a PC and so few telling them that they don't need the lol Maximus Sniper Military Elite Extreme Gamer Edition motherboard. God help the people who buy a Raidmax PSU.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510