Biggest threats while building a pc

Bronese

CPU cooler not fitting, PSU not fitting, PSU cables not long enough, putting the RAM in the wrong way D:, dropping PSU, HDD, CPU, GPU, CPU cooler, motherboard, RAM, SSD, and anything else. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Moral of the story: There are many, many things that could go wrong!

The list never ends.

All we can do his hope + pray that it doesn't happen.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Biggest threat? My wife saying "You'd better not be pouring more money into that damn machine!".

When you turn your computer on, and it says: "main BIOS has been corrupted, restoring from backup. Do not turn off power", and as you are wiping dust from the side panel, you accidentally hit the power button...

(Yes, I did this. And somehow  my PC recovered and is fully functional)

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

I'm paranoid about apply too much pressure when putting in the RAM.

I see the motherboard bend and I just picture it snapping in half or cracking.

No they will accept if it is within warranty.

It's called an RMA because RMA is an acronym for.

Return Mail Authorization? I think.

Very close, but not quite!

RMA = Return Materials Authorization

RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization.  ;)

-----

Biggest fear is the idiot building it then placing a "guide" on youtube.... the one where he uses his finger to spread the  thermal paste on the CPU... we all know what one I am talking about

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

RMA = Return Merchandise Authorization.  ;)

-----

Biggest fear is the idiot building it then placing a "guide" on youtube.... the one where he uses his finger to spread the  thermal paste on the CPU... we all know what one I am talking about

I do not, pray tell sir.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Scratching the traces on the back of the motherboard

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

The thing that gets me is when things like the PCI slot crackle and creak when i move my gpu around. Creaking and crackling I find is just generally unnerving

Hmm not very good at this signature deallio so umm, specs :D

CPU: Intel Core i5 4570K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO MBoard: Asus Z87-Deluxe RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GBx1 Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB; Western Digital WD Blue 1TB; Hitachi Clunk Clunk Whirl 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 780 Direct CU II Case: Antec 902 V3 PSU: Corsair RM 650 OS: Windows 8.1 Pro (with Media Centre)

Sliding mobo into the I/O sheild. I'm always worried the bottom will scratch with the standoffs :( Also putting in that CPU because it's literally a 200 dollar thing that can be rekt so easily.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

When you turn it on and the computer screen lights up then out of know where the mobo starts that beebing and you freak out the realize you forgot to plug something in so you go to turn of your PC again and the whole thing case and all falls on the floor then you realize that you just broke your $2000 PC because you were too anxious to see all the shiny lights.... that was a run on

I'm always afraid of accidentally dropping the components when I take them out of the box. I tend to drop more items when i'm trying not to drop them.

ANY ABNORMAL SOUNDS WHEN CONNECTING THINGS. Also that moment when you realize you were stupid and didn't buy compatible products.... 

The fear of bending cpu pins, damn its just as scary every time !!!!!

Gaming Computer | Case: CM Storm Scout II | MB: Asus P8Z77-V LK | CPU: i5 2320@3,6ghz | GFX:  MSI GTX 770 Gaming | RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz | Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor: 1x Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz , 1x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 @ 77hz OC'd 

Other Device's | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE@OmniROM | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1@OmniROM | Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Win 8.1

starting your PC after putting it together so carefully just to realize that the psu doesn't have enough juice to run it, ignoring the reboots temporarily while the new psu comes in, week later 2 days before the new one arrives psu dies and takes everything with it :(  

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

My OCD picks up when cable management isn't neat.

I immediately look at my mobo and say why don you put the pin connectors in the back of the mobo. 

the fear of pushing the "on" button on your case and it "blows a load" all over you.

Lol every time, I turn on a freshly built PC. I think it is just going to explode!

The idea that everything inside the computer case can be broken simply by applying a little pressure in the wrong way. It is one of the easiest ways to lose several hundred dollars worth of equipment in a few short seconds.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

The older and more experience and knowledge I get with building PC's the more I realize that PC hardware really isn't that fragile. I've actually only built 2 computers, but I've added, replaced, and moved around parts quite a few times, and almost every time I'm pretty nervous that I'm gonna either handle it too roughly and break something or cause a static discharge or something of that sort, and I put it back together and it boots and plays fine.

If anyone else more experienced with building can chime in and give their opinion on the fragility of PC parts, that would be most awesome

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

I found it very difficult to insert the 24pin from either of my power supplies into my Gigabyte Z87-HD3. I worry that I will break the connector from the PCB.

It's not a real build until you bleed.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers