Biggest threats while building a pc

Bronese

Scratching the case while installing components. That really ercs me when it happens.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

a lightning strike, or abduction by aliens....

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

When I turned mine on for the first time I got so caught up with, "Don't forget to turn the PSU on so you don't freak out", that I forgot to press the front panel power button and started freaking out when it didn't start.

Intel core i5-3570k @ 3.4 GHz - Sapphire Radeon HD7870 Ghz OC Ed 1050/1250 - Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB SSD - G.Skill 8 GB's DDR3-1600 MHz 

Asus Z77-A mobo - Windows 7 64 bit - Corsair raptor HS30 headset - Corsair CX600 600w PSU - CM hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler

It can run crysis.

electrostatic dicharge

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

Cats...cats and cables

friend lost a headset to that, he JUST bought it too

Money and not enough of it!

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

When your screwing in the motherboard. I always feel like im gonna slip off and scratch the pcb. Also, getting cut on a cheap case. It happens all the damn time.

My rig: Cpu: AMD 8350 | Cooler: Corsair h100i with Noctua nf-f12 fans | Ram: 8gb 1600 corsair vengeance | Hard Drive: 2x 1tb wd drives in raid 1 | SSd: 128gb plextor m5p  | Motherboard: asrock extreme9  | Graphics card: amd 7850 2gb | Power Supply: ocz modular | Case: cooler master cm 690 ii          Peripherals: | Monitor: x-star 1440p | Mic: blue snowball  | Keyboard: Flashget G600  | Mouse: No name |

When the mobo makes cracking noises

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS:

my biggest fear is that my main gaming rig will walk in and catch me with my hands in another computer...  :unsure:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The moment when you hit the on switch, and it doesn't turn on. But then you realize that you flipped the switch on your PSU and then you just die of happiness.

Bears, or maybe terrorists.

Definitely bears, though

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

it not starting... its soo scary :(

has happened to me too many times, nothing quite like going from hero to zero in a nano second

Biggest threat? My wife saying "You'd better not be pouring more money into that damn machine!".

Tell me about it... My wife is a CPA and CFP (certified financial planner). We keep an open dialogue on our finances with what we're spending and why; she's cool with what I spend, but that doesn't stop her from passive aggressively labeling a wedge in our expenses pie chart as "Toys". 

The fear of wife aggro is the only reason I'm not broke. 

Biggest fear is obviously "not powering up" once you're done building.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

RAM and my 6pin+2 connectors.

I hate having to RAM (no pun intended) things in to the socket or having to cut my hands just to get them out of their socket.

Biggest fear is obviously "not powering up" once you're done building.

Then you spend 3 hours fixing it and putting all together and it still doesn't work?! 

Then you realize you forgot to turn it on at the back on the PSU..

Hey.

Shorting out something, getting thermal paste on something, or accidentally bending a PIN on the MOBO/CPU.

Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Gunmetal Black CPU: i7-4770k Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro GPU: ASUS Direct CUII 770 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G2

For me it's ESD.. I ruined a MOBO once and it was horrible... otherwise that is the only thing that has got me before. I am extra careful now. Even though when I fried that MOBO I was taking all precautions etc etc..

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

Once I get the CPU locked in the socket, I'm no longer nervous.

It's all downhill from there.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

When I turned mine on for the first time I got so caught up with, "Don't forget to turn the PSU on so you don't freak out", that I forgot to press the front panel power button and started freaking out when it didn't start.

Been there, done that... :D

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

:ph34r: ninjas.  :ph34r:

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium