DirectX 12 will double the Xbox One's performance

TopWargamer

http://bgr.com/2014/04/07/xbox-one-directx-12-update/

Writing on Neowin, Stardock founder and CEO Brad Wardell said DirectX 12 will bring multi-core processing to the Xbox One, allowing the console to offer support for Full HD (1080p) video games instead of just HD (720p) titles.

“The results are spectacular. Not just in theory but in practice (full disclosure: I am involved with the Star Swarm demo which makes use of this kind of technology,) Wardell wrote. “While each generation of video card struggles to gain substantial performance over the previous generation, here, the same hardware will suddenly see a doubling of performance.”

“Xbox One is the biggest beneficiary; it effectively gives every Xbox One owner a new GPU that is twice as fast as the old one,” he added.

Was not expecting that kind of a performance increase... This is just one man's words, so take it with a grain of salt. I mean, ya the Xbone WILL get a performance increase, but I dunno about a 2X increase. Who knows, I could be wrong. Either way, we'll have to wait for games using DX12 to come out before we can start saying what the performance improvements will be.

COMIC SANS

Double is a big number. I don't care I'm a PlayStation user myself I may not have a PS4 but I would buy it over the Xbox One any day. Besides PC is always gonna be top dog.

Does DirectX 12 download also come with a free top of the line new gaming PC? No? Then shut your lying mouth.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

double my ass

last time i checked DX12 didnt magically upgrade hardware

soo much bullshit i just cant believe console fanboys are falling for this

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Does DirectX 12 download also come with a free top of the line new gaming PC? No? Then shut your lying mouth.

doesnt even need to be top of the line, a 400$ Dell would be double a xbone :D 

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

If it doubles the performance of a week sauce potato console then what will it do to a low end gaming PC. 750Ti for perspective. Because if DX12 is all that then I am interested. If it does double the potato console's performance (unlikely) but not the PC's then I will be pissed.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I think by "double" they mean exactly the same thing as Nvidia did when they released a driver that they said offered 60-70% better performance.. 

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I got this Anandtech article that's showing that Nvidia's magical driver only offered 10% better performance in a couple games...

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

I think by "double" they mean exactly the same thing as Nvidia did when they released a driver that they said offered 60-70% better performance..

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I got this Anandtech article that's showing that Nvidia's magical driver only offered 10% better performance in a couple games...

QFT

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Almost EVERY game got a marginal increase in performance except for Total War II & Star Swarm lol.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

When are the next-gen consoles coming?4K is going to become a thing pretty fast.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

7750 now equals 7950?

Miiiinnnndd bloooowwwwwnnnn!

Won't PCs receive the same performance improvements?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha.....*deep breath*........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHABDNDKSMBAMHDJJEBSJSNNDJRNSKDBZHHWKhajdmdhhejrkb!!!!!!

I own an Xbox One and as much as I would love that to be true....those are huge mythical claims.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

who knows i guess...

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

"will bring multi core processing" what is that supposed to be new? I don't even understand 

It's just PR garbage for console zealots who believe their machines are capable of "high end" gaming.

i would only beleive it if john carmack was the one saying it

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Aren't all Xbox One games using multi-core processing?

I'm sure it will double performance in games that are cpu intensive. It still has less compute units to work with.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

If they actually double the performance that sounds like they are artificially limiting it now so it looks better when it gets 'doubled'.