Loramentum - A watercooled, wall mounted rig - Fan and lighting upgrade! 27/01/17

Maki Role

It's looks fabulous! You've done a stunning job on the build and I won't lie, I'm really jealous!<3

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

YES! I love briefcase computers!!! Now you just need a way to get a monitor, mouse and keyboard

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

omg-owl.gif

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

I want one   :D

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Can you buy me a new keyboard please, mine got covered in ... uhhh ... yoghurt, if you catch my drift :lol:

Absolutely stunning, although in the original renders it shows a transparent gold looking fluid, why did you change you mind and use orange juice instead? (I know it is not orange juice btw, just looks like it)

IMO it would've looked better with the transparent gold stuff.

Still amazing tho

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

reads mega update:

al i hear in my head: hype!

edit: clever solution for the carbon sticker on the pci extension cable

+ huge congratulations ofc

edit 2: does this mean you will continue work on azure redux, or will you first enjoy this masterpiece you just finished?

Azure Redux will definitely happen, although it might be a while.  Corsair are going to be sending me a 900D, so I'll be doing a mahoosive update for my main rig into that instead.  That'll happen probably just after the new year.  My next project is going to be a media PC/NAS for the living room, which will feature a main case made from granite/marble!  Expect my replaced parts to go into Redux, but it won't exactly be soon :(

It looks amazing, but i'm still not so sure about that yellow coolant...

Edit: Inb4 notification spam

Oh wait im too late for that

It honestly looks very good in person as you can see the translucency better, pictures don't quite do it justice.

Wow, looks just like the original renders - but this time more "Life Like" 

Maki Role

I have been following this, and through out I have been wanting ask about the cooling tube done in the Acrylic. Was it hollowed out or is tube made because of two curved sections on two separate "plates" of acrylic are matched up?  - if so was there any kind of sealant or gasket? 

Maybe this was asked earlier but I didn't never saw the post. 

The block is formed from two halves of acrylic in a clamshell manner.  One side has channels for O-rings milled, I made some using O-ring cord and placed them there, they keep things nice and watertight :)

Can you buy me a new keyboard please, mine got covered in ... uhhh ... yoghurt, if you catch my drift :lol:

Absolutely stunning, although in the original renders it shows a transparent gold looking fluid, why did you change you mind and use orange juice instead? (I know it is not orange juice btw, just looks like it)

IMO it would've looked better with the transparent gold stuff.

Still amazing tho

Hehe I should write a disclaimer before these updates...

The original coolant simply doesn't look as good in person.  I mixed some up using Aurora 2, it just didn't look right (and the Aurora looked better than the standard one too).  The colour really pops now and adds a little vibrancy, remember the build is basically lighting free, so the brightness helps.  I would have taken some pictures of the other coolant, but I accidentally ruined it before I could (added a bit of red and it went way too orange to photo, before then it was the colour from the renders though).

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

Really nice./Amazing/Give it to me now/give me you talent now also

Now, who won the givaway? I want to win so i can custom water cool my FT05!

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Really nice./Amazing/Give it to me now/give me you talent now also

Now, who won the givaway? I want to win so i can custom water cool my FT05!

Since it's now done, I'll be handling the giveaway tomorrow... Err later today (1:30am here atm).

Since it's now done, I'll be handling the giveaway tomorrow... Err later today (1:30am here atm).

great job maki! now I'm unsubbing so I can avoid the inevitable comments two months from now.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I would forgive someone for thinking that these pictures are renders

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

pumped for that.

I imagine putting that last final touch on this was like getting a massive killstreak and hearing "GODLIKE!"  :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Nice job. You must be very proud of yourself for accomplishing it. Can't wait for any projects you have planned for the future.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Oh sweet baby Jesus this is just... Hang on, my pants are getting soaked... Again. Anyways it has been a pleasure to see this build go from just a few parts and renders to something as beautiful as this.

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K  | Motherboard Asus Sabertooth z97 Mark 1 | RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 1866mhz | GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 980 w/ ACX 2.0 | Case Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window | Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB |  PSU Corsiar RM750 | Display(s) Some Acer Things | Cooling Corsair H100i + 5x Noctua NF-F12 industrial 120mm fans(they are freaking load) | Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95 |  Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound Audio-Technica AD900x + 02+ODAC +AT2020 | OS Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 

I'm pretty sure...

No, I'm certain you've just won at LinusTechTips.

You win.

Game over.

@LinusTech hand him the keys to everything as his prize.

Oh my word

*jumps in car and drives to london*

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

*goes to lan with travelcase*

Dude, don't tell me you brought a laptop and food only, did you?

*opens up travelcase and shows system quickly*

T-T-Th-That's amazing, it's fine.

darn that system looks sweeeeeeettttt, sweeter then a sweet coverd in sugar and glucose hold by a linus trying to sell it.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

great job maki! now I'm unsubbing so I can avoid the inevitable comments two months from now.

Hehe that sounds like an understandable decision, looks to be getting pretty busy

I would forgive someone for thinking that these pictures are renders

Haha, to be honest, I'm not very happy with how I finished up those photos.  It was too late and I was getting tired, I've since fixed them up properly now, posted below.

Nice job. You must be very proud of yourself for accomplishing it. Can't wait for any projects you have planned for the future.

I may have a thing or two planned ;)

Oh sweet baby Jesus this is just... Hang on, my pants are getting soaked... Again. Anyways it has been a pleasure to see this build go from just a few parts and renders to something as beautiful as this.

Thanks!  It's sure been a genuine roller coaster journey, feels damn good to have the pressure off now though.

I'm pretty sure...

No, I'm certain you've just won at LinusTechTips.

You win.

Game over.

@LinusTech hand him the keys to everything as his prize.

I dunno, there are some mighty fine rigs on here from some big names.  Still, I'll take the compliment :P

*goes to lan with travelcase*

Dude, don't tell me you brought a laptop and food only, did you?

*opens up travelcase and shows system quickly*

T-T-Th-That's amazing, it's fine.

darn that system looks sweeeeeeettttt, sweeter then a sweet coverd in sugar and glucose hold by a linus trying to sell it.

Hoping for a reaction something like that one day.  Should be really fun with the other rig I'm planning (which is more traditional).

SEMI-UPDATE!

So I wasn't very happy with the pictures.  The compression made them a bit muddy and dark, so I went at them again.  Personally I think they're much better now, hope you all enjoy!

4OHOmT.jpg

54wUOi.jpg

sLCFij.jpg

4mfn8y.jpg

kFWK6Q.jpg

dizKTJ.jpg

5ob2ma.jpg

DL8Rn2.jpg

QgsJJr.jpg

0fslpM.jpg

kFWK6Q.jpg

Wow!!

CPU: Intel core i5-3570k / Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPOWER / GPU: MSI GTX 660 Ti PE x2 in SLI / Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB / Power supply: Seasonic x750 with individually sleeved cables / Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker / Cooling: H100i / Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD and 1TB Western Digital HDD 

hmmm, i really should learn to take good pictures...

yours all look stunning IMO.

the colors of your latest pictures do look quite different.

is it in real life more comparable to the colors of your latest pictures, your previous ones, or somewhere in between?

z9itUaU.png

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

Really nice job!
Soo. How does it work? Everythings running smooth? Does the PCI-e cable affects performance? (I've asked this before but you haven't tried it yet) And how long is it?
Thanks.

If this isn't in the build logs of the month I don't know what everybody's voting on