ISP Disaster in, US. Comcast + TWC = monopoly

pit5000

They don't own the entire ISP industry in the US, so it's not a monopoly. But it's not that good that comcast bought out TWC

Comcast to buy/merge with TWC

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/comcast-plans-acquire-time-warner-031440334.html

This is horrible news. This screams monopoly so loud your ears will bleed.

Why can't it be that google is buying comcast?!?!?!

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

This is going to get far out of hand.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Oh, wait, TWC isn't even offered in my area haha.  :P

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3281673614.png

Feels good to be a eurogod. £30 per month with no data cap.

Have fun, guys! Remember to keep using the big monopoly ISPs near you!

------                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     ---------

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

YOU SUCK! :(

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

From what my friends tell me... they both suck... In fact, all ISP in the US suck. Can't say for other places though. I'm currently using Charter and I'm quite disappointed in my speed. However, Charter offers best speed in my Area.

| i7 4790k | H100i | 16GB (8x2) Corsair Vengence | EVGA GTX 780 SC | ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark I | Samsung 840 120GB | WD 2TB Green x2 | Rosewill Hive 750W | 

3281673614.png

Feels good to be a eurogod. £30 per month with no data cap.

Have fun, guys! Remember to keep using the big monopoly ISPs near you!

------                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     ---------

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

YOU SUCK!

Shit upload speed though. 

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Time Warner and Comcast are the only options in my area  <_<

both are absolute shit

this is disheartening 

Its even worse here. Comcast is the only option. Fuck.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Shit upload speed though. 

Better then mine

From what my friends tell me... they both suck... In fact, all ISP in the US suck. Can't say for other places though. I'm currently using Charter and I'm quite disappointed in my speed. However, Charter offers best speed in my Area.

No. In my area, Comcast offers 125MB/s for 100USD.

Except for Google fiber

Time Warner and Comcast are the only options in my area  <_<

both are absolute shit

this is disheartening 

Why not use a smaller, slower provider?

I'm not sure this will be allowed. Reminds me of when AT&T tried to merge with Tmoble if I remember right. That wasn't allowed.

Except for Google fiber

Offered only in some areas, like Austin, Texas, I believe, and Phoenix, AZ. (not sure of other places.

Offered only in some areas, like Austin, Texas, I believe, and Phoenix, AZ. (not sure of other places.

Wow, now that I looked at the official Google Fiber site, I am so jelly.

Google Fiber does not suck :)

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Still has to go through approval and don't think this can happen, but this just means that rather than trying to improve, they're trying to seize more of the market.  <_< 

[spoiler=Current Rig:]i5-4670K @ 4.4 Ghz on 1.3v | MSI Z87I | GTX 780 @ 1150 Mhz | 2x8GB ADATA XPG | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | CM V700 PSU | Custom Watercooled in a Caselabs S3

[spoiler=Peripherals:]Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 | Corsair K70 | Sennheiser Urbanite headphones | Corsair Vengeance MM200 | Asus PB278Q + Samsung 22"

Unfortunately this is true 

I have Comcast. Its the fastest in my area and its not too bad. Its not great, but its better than others ive used in my area. I pay $50 a month and i get 57Mbps down and 11 up and the most basic xfinity tv. believe it or not it was cheaper to get the tv and internet than to get the same speed internet with no tv package. Ive not really had too many issues although for a few months last year i believe that they were throttling youtube. On this connection i had to wait for youtube to buffer. My solution was to use a proxy and i could watch videos with no issues so...

I have Comcast. Its the fastest in my area and its not too bad. Its not great, but its better than others ive used in my area. I pay $50 a month and i get 57Mbps down and 11 up and the most basic xfinity tv. believe it or not it was cheaper to get the tv and internet than to get the same speed internet with no tv package. Ive not really had too many issues although for a few months last year i believe that they were throttling youtube. On this connection i had to wait for youtube to buffer. My solution was to use a proxy and i could watch videos with no issues so...

Oh I believe it's cheaper with TV. Clearly a pathetic way of keeping people buying TV subscriptions.