T-Mobile's CES event breakdown - Fastest LTE, will pay you $350 to switch, cease & desist letter to AT&T, and much more!

TopWargamer

***NOTE: Some of things are gathered from The Verge's then-live coverage of the event, which can be found right here: http://live.theverge.com/live-t-mobile-ces-2014-uncarrier/

So John Legere did the whole press event with a Red Bull in hand. Let the show begin.

DSC_0928.jpg

T-Mobile will pay you up to $350 to switch over from Verizon, At&T, or Sprint to T-Mobile.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/8/5289044/t-mobile-will-pay-you-up-to-350-to-leave-your-existing-carrier

DSC_1080.jpg

DSC_1084.jpg

The only catch is that you will have to trade in your current smartphone, and the value of the trade in will go towards T-Mobile paying your carrier. So if there's a difference left, you will have to pay that off. Remember kids, UP TO $350.

Over 1.6 million new T-Mobile customers in Q4, 4.4 new customers total in 2013.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/8/5289124/t-mobile-q4-2013-best-quarter-in-8-years

DSC_0933.jpg

DSC_0937.jpg

T-Mobile gained over 1.6 million new customers in Q4 of 2013, which is the companies best quarter in 8 years.

T-Mobile boasts the 'Fastest LTE speeds in the United States.'

(Claims speeds UP TO 147mbps.

DSC_1024.jpg

"The Sprint thing, I don't know what to say about that."

DSC_1035.jpg

T-Mobile issues a cease and desist letter to AT&T.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/8/5289126/john-legere-challenging-att-fastest-network-claims-with-cease-desist

DSC_1058.jpg

(That smug grin.)

T-Mobile did a live Speedtest at their CES event, and showed that they currently have the fastest LTE speeds in the US. AT&T also claims to have the fastest speeds, which they do not, according to John Legere, and that is why TMo is sending AT&T the cease and desist.

T-Mobile refuses to deny the acquisition by Sprint.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/8/5289316/t-mobile-ceo-john-legere-refuses-to-deny-acquisition-by-sprint

(This has me very worried.)

"I can tell you that the T-Mobile brand, attitude, and identity is here to stay."

T-Mobile launches the "break up letter" to send to your current carrier.

DSC_1126.jpg

DSC_1128.jpg

DSC_1131.jpg

COMIC SANS

678f236c2085558ecf424292c51.jpg

Just one big ass shot fired

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Brilliant.

I would love to switch to them if they have an unlimited everything like Sprint. Do they?

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

I would love to switch to them if they have an unlimited everything like Sprint. Do they?

They do. It's only $70 a month for unlimited 4G LTE data, along with unlimited talk and text. The regular $50 plan includes unlimited talk and text, and 500MB of 4G LTE data, but once you go over that, you get unlimited 2G speeds until your next billing cycle.

http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/individual.html

COMIC SANS

They do. It's only $70 a month for unlimited 4G LTE data, along with unlimited talk and text. The regular $50 plan includes unlimited talk and text, and 500MB of 4G LTE data, but once you go over that, you get unlimited 2G speeds until your next billing cycle.

My family has four lines with unlimited talk and text. $70 dollars a month. Then $20 a month extra for 2 lines that have unlimited data, with 2Gb of 4G speeds, then the rest is HSPA speeds I believe. Been with T-Mobile for 7 years. They are defiantly a more honest company than ATT and Verizon combined.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Thanks xD  Now to convince my parents to cancel 5 lines.. I bet the "break up fee" will be well over $350.  :D

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

I absolutely loved the breakup letter part. The funniest thing I've seen all day! I want my parents to move to T-Moblie now. The only problem I see, is that their 4G is very limited (from what I've seen).

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Thanks xD  Now to convince my parents to cancel 5 lines.. I bet the "break up fee" will be well over $350.  :D

It's up to $350 per line.

:D

COMIC SANS

They will pay $350 fore each line tho. I bet it would cover it.

The speeds shown are averages, it's still possible that At&t has the highest 4g speed recorded in a certain area though? (haven't checked) Either way, there isn't even a T mobile near me that I know of and Verizon has better overall coverage. Can't use data while calling but I get what I want for $60. It really all comes down to where you live and how many people are on your line, none of the carriers are perfect.

678f236c2085558ecf424292c51.jpg

Just one big ass shot fired

isn't that the army's old experimental atomic artillery? 

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

John should be in the top 10 CEO's of all time. :P

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

we need to clone this guy...

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

how long till att goes bankrupt. probably 2 yrs for their mobile phone business.

I recently got an lte phone for t-mobile and I'm getting 52mbps in my house.

Faster than my home internet.

695322969.png

has any one had problems with their service or custemer service recently?

17mbit?

My telus LTE is about 25mbit.  It used to be more but I guess more people in my city are using it.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

This couldn't come at a better time! My dad is planning to switch from BS Sprint to T-Mobile <3

Project Restomod (In progress)

just wow.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

I love T-Mobile, best carrier ever!! Fast 4GLTE with UNLIMITED DATA!!! I get an average of 2MB(MegaBytes) download and 300KB upload on "two bars" in my area...

vavera4y.jpg

Sprints LTE may be slower but compared to my average 3 speed which is about half a meg down, It's fast I used 16 gigs of LTE in 1 month on my note 3. I pay for unlimited. My LTE speed is around 15 down in Vegas

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..