HELP!! i need some clarification and well help

this has also been posted on Tek Syndicate as well but i though id try here just to get a broader base

ok today i picked up a desktop with some components which i have swapped to my current desktop NAMELY a mobo and CPU, ive gone from a I5-2500 and a gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 to an I5-2500K and an Asus P8Z68-V LE.

so heres my situation in the other machine windows boots up unstable do i have to go with a fresh install again? cause some say otherwise.

My MAIN CONCERN is in my machine im getting no video output out of my gpu (7850OC) or my new motherboard even though everything seems to have powered up fine. Although it powers up, shuts down and then powers on again which is a worry for me

as my first post on this site let me know if theres anything that might need a change

regards

Have you tried to use the onboard video output and remove all of the old motherboard/graphic drivers and replace them with the motherboard drivers for the Asus board?

its always a better to get reinstall a fresh OS when u change mobo or processor, I am not sure abt ur main system Either mobo or Processor is possibly dead. 

It is not often you see a guy with a name like SadisticHades cry out Help! Help!  :P Anyway, when you change your motherboard for a different version it is good practise to do a fresh install as @Arun46682 said for best stability and performance. You can also clear your CMOS, if you don't have a clear CMOS button or jumper then just remove the BIOS battery and then insert it opposite to how you would normally insert it. Sometimes clearing the CMOS allows the motherboard to reset parameters that have been previously set to the new settings and therefor allow everything to work properly. On clearing the CMOS the motherboard will then prompt you to reconfigure your settings in your BIOS/UEFI.

You may have to change the GPU OC for the new motherboard too as this is just the nature of PCs, what works in one may not work in another.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Fresh install is best solution to any problems with windows after mobo change. What comes to GPU issue, does it happed when booting to BIOS or just while booting to windows? For first it might be power related as loose cable or something like that. The power cycle is most likely just PSU doing self test after cold boot.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

its always a better to get reinstall a fresh OS when u change mobo or processor, I am not sure abt ur main system Either mobo or Processor is possibly dead. 

Not when switching from 1155 to 1155... I also dont think the mobo or processor is dead, you should not assume that just becuase the machine does not turn on instantly, that is a little bit fast of  a judgement.

Not when switching from 1155 to 1155... I also dont think the mobo or processor is dead, you should not assume that just becuase the machine does not turn on instantly, that is a little bit fast of  a judgement.

well in his case he is changing mobo need new drivers and better stability or could have  any possible problem  IMO installing  new OS not gonna harm him anyway and Its is not like hectic thing to do.My system had same problem and my mobo was dead, i am just assuming as i said not saying its dead .is there any problem just widening possible issue can be ? if u have have better solution pls offer him instead of criticizing my Comment 

No video output ?? Dont you kinda need a picture on the screen to install an OS ?? Did you check that your PCIe power cables are plugged in correctly. Last time i had a failed boot due to video output it was a problem with the PCIe power cables. Its a shot in the dark but had to mention it just in case.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

this has also been posted on Tek Syndicate as well but i though id try here just to get a broader base

ok today i picked up a desktop with some components which i have swapped to my current desktop NAMELY a mobo and CPU, ive gone from a I5-2500 and a gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 to an I5-2500K and an Asus P8Z68-V LE.

so heres my situation in the other machine windows boots up unstable do i have to go with a fresh install again? cause some say otherwise.

My MAIN CONCERN is in my machine im getting no video output out of my gpu (7850OC) or my new motherboard even though everything seems to have powered up fine. Although it powers up, shuts down and then powers on again which is a worry for me

as my first post on this site let me know if theres anything that might need a change

regards

So wait the chip is working on one motherboard but not the other and on the one it is rebooting itself with no Bios coming up? If that is the case, check the board with no Bios coming up for bent pins in the socket.

If there are no cpu socket pins bent and you have it all the power connections in? The MB is most likely bad.

You can try one stick of ram and alternate both to rule that out.

Rebooting over and over again usually = bad MB/bent pins. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Check that everything is seated and all cables are plugged in, even unplug and rep lug all the power cables.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

well in his case he is changing mobo need new drivers and better stability or could have  any possible problem  IMO installing  new OS not gonna harm him anyway and Its is not like hectic thing to do.My system had same problem and my mobo was dead, i am just assuming as i said not saying its dead .is there any problem just widening possible issue can be ? if u have have better solution pls offer him instead of criticizing my Comment 

I was just telling not to get an rma that soon just because one of your boards failded doesnt mean his failed... Just doing the usual stuff will narrow the case of the problem down check any debug option, try different hardware, like othe graphics, onboard graphics, check wires and so on...

I wasnt trying to insult you or offend you i just meant that saying the mobo is probably dead is an awefully quick of a judgement, and by the way no big help either...

Changing CPUs is not a problem (as you are going from i5-2500 --> i5-2500K anyways).

Changing the motherboard is a different story.

When you install a version of Windows, it takes the info your motherboard and uses it to create necessary files and registry values.

You went from a Gigabyte P67 chipset motherboard to a ASUSU Z68 chipset motherboard. You may need to perform a fresh install of your Operating System.

You also need to reinstall ALL the necessary drivers as they are different from chipset to chipset AND from manufacturer to manufacturer.

P67 drivers will not necessarily work with a Z68 board.

Gigabyte drivers will not necessarily work with a ASUS motherboard.

As others have mentioned, make sure there are not bent pins on the CPU socket. Put it under a light (and microscope) and have really close look at it.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

ok cheers guys this has been really helpful in the end i made sure everything was plugged in and reinstalled the graphics card, i then removed all but one stick of ram this solved the restart problem but still no video so i inserted the second stick and WALAH i got the bios screen, then i inserted the other two sticks and now its working fine with my ubuntu drive for now untill i back up my old windows.

strange how these mysterious machines work :P

thanks for all the help guys im a happy man once again

ok cheers guys this has been really helpful in the end i made sure everything was plugged in and reinstalled the graphics card, i then removed all but one stick of ram this solved the restart problem but still no video so i inserted the second stick and WALAH i got the bios screen, then i inserted the other two sticks and now its working fine with my ubuntu drive for now untill i back up my old windows.

strange how these mysterious machines work :P

thanks for all the help guys im a happy man once again

You might have faulty ram stick there. If it gets random crashes or BSOD there's the reason.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv