What the fuck is this mans thinking process

Pi31415

So I posted my fx build up for sale on the facebook market place just to see what I could get for it. I have gotten a few people trying to trade pretty dumb things, one person asked if I'd take his macbook plus $50 for my pc. Of course I said no but whats the thinking process that people go through? So today I wake up and this guy wants to trade my PC for this tablet/laptop???? kind of device. If I'm correct most of these have atom CPUs but I see a small i5 sticker, still without a doubt not worth anything near what I'm offering which is a 1050ti g1 and 8 gigs of ram with a fx 6300 in a fairly nice case and powersupply. All pictures are down below. Let me know what you think.

46094237_2197039843891039_8006821592485068800_n.jpg

45853651_490721861410901_4204394703539404800_n.jpg

44514345_2034581856609004_7902345855879872512_n.jpg

Some people just don't know what things are worth. It basically just comes down to that, just people being uninformed and/or ignorant.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

just say no more times then. There are people trying to get advantage on those who don't know what their stuff's worth

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

Some people just don't know what things are worth. It basically just comes down to that, just people being uninformed and/or ignorant.

Very ignorant. I've always been straight up and try to tell them, some give me a sad story and I feel bad, some try to convince me that their trade is the best deal ever. Some people get genuinely pissed when I say no. I had someone offer me their Cannondale Trail Six Mountain Bike and $80 dollars, now I did look it up and the bike is pretty expensive that would be a deal that I might consider if I was trying to get out of this hobby

few people keep tabs on what their stuff is worth, too much effort for them to look up the prices on the used market and they also probably barely know what a 1050TI or FX6300 are tbh

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

It's surprising that someone would be interested in buying an old FX system in the first place lol

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I think you'll have better luck trying to sell your graphics card separately to be honest, there isn't much market for an fx cpu these days.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

As mentioned, they don't know how things are worth, or they do, but hope that you don't.

Also, they are people who want to see how desperate you are, and low ball you... (but many don't know how to do it.. "Oh you are selling this perfect condition Porsche 911 2016... I'll give you 50$!"), And then you have the people that are time wasters. they want to see the product, and they want to come at the most inconvenient time possible, and then doesn't show up, 2 or 3 times, and then low ball you, in the hope that you give up and gets it for extremely low price.

That said, I don't think there is any interest in AMD FX CPU at all. Not only, we are talking about AMD which many knows nothing about, but you are talking to a manufacture of CPU that got a reputation of release very low cost/low end CPUs. I think it will be difficult to find someone who actually knows the CPU and is looking for it. You are probably better off selling each component of your computer separately.

If you are selling something, don't get mad when people low ball you. You're going to get many people like that... That is just how selling works...people looking for the deal of a lifetime. Say no and move on. You can try to counter offer but chances are they're just tossing an entire box of ping pong balls out there to see if any of them bounce back....so to speak. If someone offered a bit too low you could counter them since they're likely just looking for a better deal and not just shooting low ball offers into the dark.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

24 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

As mentioned, they don't know how things are worth, or they do, but hope that you don't.

Also, they are people who want to see how desperate you are, and low ball you... (but many don't know how to do it.. "Oh you are selling this perfect condition Porsche 911 2016... I'll give you 50$!"), And then you have the people that are time wasters. they want to see the product, and they want to come at the most inconvenient time possible, and then doesn't show up, 2 or 3 times, and then low ball you, in the hope that you give up and gets it for extremely low price.

That said, I don't think there is any interest in AMD FX CPU at all. Not only, we are talking about AMD which many knows nothing about, but you are talking to a manufacture of CPU that got a reputation of release very low cost/low end CPUs. I think it will be difficult to find someone who actually knows the CPU and is looking for it. You are probably better off selling each component of your computer separately.

eh would be harder $550 for the whole thing and I'd be good

25 minutes ago, Pi31415 said:

eh would be harder $550 for the whole thing and I'd be good

That's a lot considering you can build a new ryzen based pc for about $300. I wouldn't say your system is worth more than $350, and a large chunk of that would be the graphics card.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 hours ago, Razor Blade said:

If you are selling something, don't get mad when people low ball you. You're going to get many people like that... That is just how selling works...people looking for the deal of a lifetime. Say no and move on. You can try to counter offer but chances are they're just tossing an entire box of ping pong balls out there to see if any of them bounce back....so to speak. If someone offered a bit too low you could counter them since they're likely just looking for a better deal and not just shooting low ball offers into the dark.

Man! That really sums up what it’s like to sell an iPhone on Craigslist or Kijiji. Low ballers everywhere. “Sure I’ll definitely sell my iPhone 7 for $100”. Give me a break! 

Facebook marketplace is the worst, especially people leaving snarky comments.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

2 hours ago, Sauron said:

That's a lot considering you can build a new ryzen based pc for about $300. I wouldn't say your system is worth more than $350, and a large chunk of that would be the graphics card.

SWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DONT SAY THAT NO ONE KNOWS THAT RYZEN EXISTS

4 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

It's surprising that someone would be interested in buying an old FX system in the first place lol

You'd be suprised, I've sold 4 fx systems in the last 2 years

A Cannondale in exchange for a bad chip and you turned it down...?

Profanity censor needs a little work :P 

LTT.png

8 hours ago, Pi31415 said:

one person asked if I'd take his macbook plus $50 for my pc. Of course I said no but whats the thinking process that people go through?

Yup it is standard procedure, that is why its called bartering, the buyer starts low, and the seller starts high, then you haggle and finagle and go back and forth until you meet on equal ground and the transaction takes place.

People always want to buy low, they want everything for nothing. Stores spend trillions every month on researching how people come to the decision to buy a product. Some people just want to sell their item and get whatever cash they can get, that is why the buyer starts low. The staged shows on TV really show how its done, just take a look at American Pickers or Storage Wars, both totally bogus a.f. but that is how bartering works.

If you go to other countries, haggling over price is done on everything.

Yes lots and lots of people have no clue Ryzen exists. They just know their 15 year old computer doesnt work, they took it in to the repair guy, he gave them a quote and they went to Bestbuy. Bestbuy clerk will sell them the most expensive product, for the commission he gets, if its not that, then the clerk will sell them the product that needs to be sold to get it off the shelf for the new products to come in behind it. Those same people pay too much for what they use the pc for. But the clerk sells them way more then they need.

3 hours ago, Pi31415 said:

DONT SAY THAT NO ONE KNOWS THAT RYZEN EXISTS 

Do you put down in all caps that you aren't taking trade-ins, pay with cash only, and are firm on the price?

Because if you don't, people will just throw in what they think they can get away with. And even then I probably won't count on people reading what you're not interested in.

9 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Do you put down in all caps that you aren't taking trade-ins, pay with cash only, and are firm on the price?

Because if you don't, people will just throw in what they think they can get away with. And even then I probably won't count on people reading what you're not interested in.

Yes you are right, placing the right words in the right area of the ad is crucial. Even "professional" sellers suck at it.

Like stealerships and their online classified ads.

Or the multiple dwelling owner with an ad and at the bottom states something obvious. Condo's with 65+ rule, or whatever, no pets, no kids. Gotta be right at the top.