RX 590 Just around the corner as reviewer tweets about it

YoloSwag
4 hours ago, Canada EH said:

You are right there.

580 V2.0 aka 590

Consumer mindset - More is always better. 590 is a different product, and is 2x better then 580 because there is 10 more.

Outcome - More money, more profit, higher stock prices.

That's just too easy we need to call it the 580 10gb but the "10gb" is actually 9.5 and the other 0.5 runs at a slower speed.

Also they should make it so that the "base" price is for the "founders" edition which gets higher bins and a shitty cooler so there's no way any MIB partners can actually fucking make any money at the claimed MSRP.

But I am afraid that we've discussed this in public too much and according to the NDA I can now legally kill you because you know too much, so...*clicks gun* ready?

Spoiler

No I am not actually making a serious threat, in case this is shown to moderation

-------

Current Rig

-------

14 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

I'd guess that is good enough.

So...basically a 1080p monster lol

35 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Where does this land compared to a GTX 1070

No way it's going to catch up to a 1070. It would cannibalize their own Vega 56.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

34 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Where does this land compared to a GTX 1070

No way it's going to catch up to a 1070. It would cannibalize their own Vega 56.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

4 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

Will there be a RX 575 or something like a 12nm refresh of the rx 570?

I'm not even sure why this card even exists since AMD is releasing their 7nm GPUs next year, but I think this is the only refresh they're going to do.

2 hours ago, ivan134 said:

Vega 56 is really an Apple product. AMD releases some into the Consumer market just to fill a slot, but only the HBM2 providers make money off the product. AMD actually wouldn't mind cannibalizing sales in that slot because of margin differences.  However, it isn't going to. This is almost assuredly exists because of the Semi-Custom portfolio, and they're just releasing it to fill in a slot until they refresh the entire lineup starting in Q3 2019.

11 hours ago, Trixanity said:

Christ, he's shilling so hard. I mean it's even in his name!

Act ually, Schilling is (was) the Austrian Currency before the Euro ;)

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 hours ago, ivan134 said:

I'm not even sure why this card even exists since AMD is releasing their 7nm GPUs next year, but I think this is the only refresh they're going to do.

It's likely being done in the same way that Ryzen 2nd Gen was done on "12nm". They're using the design and production, but it's on a refined lithography. Thus the routes are tighter and there is less leakage. Thus less power usage & better clocks.

Polaris is an architecture that AMD is going to be releasing new Semi-Custom parts from until the 2022-2023 range. Mostly because it a saturated technology between 1080p and 4K. A lot of projects will never actually need more GPU power than Polaris offers, at least for 5-10 years.

5 hours ago, Mooshi said:

So...basically a 1080p monster lol

That is what she said ;)

5 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

should

Shoulda

Woulda

Coulda

Mo' money

Mo' problems

11 hours ago, Canada EH said:

What personal pc user buys a 32 bit os?

for that matter anyone. I can understand an unknowledable purchaser buying it by mistake and installing.

Probably someone who bought a PC in 2009 who was thinking BioShock 2 would run just fine on a 2x2GB set up.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

AMD forever in their quest not to be outdone by Nvidia, have countered the 1060 3G and the 1030 ddr4 cards with their over misrepresented piece of crap, the 590.  What a sad day in an enthusiasts land when one company can't keep up and the other can charge premium prices on everything because of it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

12 hours ago, YoloSwag said:

So you might want to think about upgrading your 32-bit system to 64-bit before buying a new card.

Who would use a 32bit OS in 2018?!
There is only one reason to use that: Socket 939 and you want Windows 10 (because 7 is the last 64bit Windows that works on 939 and 754). Or a Tablet with an Atom processor.

Those are the only reasons to use 32bit OS. Every CPU since Core 2 Duo and DDR2-SDRAM AM2 can run even 64bit Windows 10. 

And how much sense does it make to care about 20 Year old hardware?!

Thing is we are talking about 8GiB VRAM stuff, you can not do that with a 32bit OS.

That's also one of the reasons we've seen 1 and 2 GiB VRAM for such a long time!!

Thing is: The switch from 32 to 64bit was a bit late...

IMO Athlon should have had 64bit inside...

Price will be very important for it. It is a refresh of a refresh after all. We still have yet to see new flagship which is what more people are actually interested no. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

7 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

There is only one reason to use that: Socket 939 and you want Windows 10 (because 7 is the last 64bit Windows that works on 939 and 754). Or a Tablet with an Atom processor.

Those are the only reasons to use 32bit OS. Every CPU since Core 2 Duo and DDR2-SDRAM AM2 can run even 64bit Windows 10. 

And how much sense does it make to care about 20 Year old hardware?!

Thing is we are talking about 8GiB VRAM stuff, you can not do that with a 32bit OS.

That's also one of the reasons we've seen 1 and 2 GiB VRAM for such a long time!!

Thing is: The switch from 32 to 64bit was a bit late...

IMO Athlon should have had 64bit inside...

9 hours ago, YoloSwag said:

Probably someone who bought a PC in 2009 who was thinking BioShock 2 would run just fine on a 2x2GB set up.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

2 hours ago, YoloSwag said:

In that case you just need to install a 64bit version of the OS you have.

As in 2009 we'd be talking about 45nm Core 2 Duo and also Phenom II as well.

But also, if you had the money, you could have gotten an i7-950 on LGA1366 that was also introduced in 2009.

But I mentioned that. It has to be before that -> Pentium 4 and DDR-1 SDRAM K8.

Those don't work with Windows 8/64bit and later. But will run Windows 7/64bit.

8 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

In that case you just need to install a 64bit version of the OS you have.

As in 2009 we'd be talking about 45nm Core 2 Duo and also Phenom II as well.

But also, if you had the money, you could have gotten an i7-950 on LGA1366 that was also introduced in 2009.

But I mentioned that. It has to be before that -> Pentium 4 and DDR-1 SDRAM K8.

Those don't work with Windows 8/64bit and later. But will run Windows 7/64bit.

It's different if that someone actually bought a built desktop like one of those HPs or DELLs. I know some people who did that around that time, the stores don't give you the OS installation disc. Just a sticker on the side and the code it comes with is just OEM 32-bit.

At that time people viewed 4GB of RAM as how people viewed 8GB RAM in 2014. Pretty much a lot of headroom back then.

Heck, back in that time I was still using my old Pentium 4 with 512MB of DDR1 RAM. I upgraded to Sandy Bridge in 2011 and bought Windows 7 64-bit along with it.

Not every consumer knows what they're buying and it's on Microsoft why the issue still exists as they were selling 32-bit OS at that time, there's even a Windows 10 32-bit version that comes along with the 64-bit one. Anyway, out of topic, just stop responding already lol.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, YoloSwag said:

It's different if that someone actually bought a built desktop like one of those HPs or DELLs. I know some people who did that around that time, the stores don't give you the OS installation disc. Just a sticker on the side and the code it comes with is just OEM 32-bit.

And?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

Media Cretion Tool for 8 and later.

So its not really a Problem to get new, 64bit images LEGALLY.

M$ offers them...

Thing is that you need to do a complete reinstall...

At that time people viewed 4GB of RAM as how people viewed 8GB RAM in 2014. Pretty much a lot of headroom back then.

Heck, back in that time I was still using my old Pentium 4 with 512MB of DDR1 RAM. I upgraded to Sandy Bridge in 2011 and bought Windows 7 64-bit along with it.

2GiB is usable even today.

4GiB preferred.

I still use a Core 2 Duo Q9300 with 4GiB RAM and its usable...

Not every consumer knows what they're buying and it's on Microsoft why the issue still exists as they were selling 32-bit OS at that time, there's even a Windows 10 32-bit version that comes along with the 64-bit one. 

The reason for the 32bit OS is for either older machines or 16bit support.

And/or for specialized Hardware that never has gotten 64bit drivers.

And of course the darkest corner of the Hardware Box.

Intel Atom Series...

For example the 

• Intel® Atom™ processor Z2760

Anyway, out of topic, just stop responding already lol.

Well, there were a couple of things I'd wanted to reply. But I switched the PC off and went to bed. And forgot what I wanted to say and what I wanted to quote...

Thing is that while there is a reason for 32bit Windows to exist there is no reason for 64bit Gaming Card Drivers right now...

All you want there right now is a picture on the screen and for that an older card like a Radeon X1300 would be more than sufficient...

5 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

And?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

Media Cretion Tool for 8 and later.

M$ offers them...

Thing is that you need to do a complete reinstall...

2GiB is usable even today.

4GiB preferred.

I still use a Core 2 Duo Q9300 with 4GiB RAM and its usable...

The reason for the 32bit OS is for either older machines or 16bit support.

And/or for specialized Hardware that never has gotten 64bit drivers.

And of course the darkest corner of the Hardware Box.

Intel Atom Series...

For example the 

• Intel® Atom™ processor Z2760

Well, there were a couple of things I'd wanted to reply. But I switched the PC off and went to bed. And forgot what I wanted to say and what I wanted to quote...

Thing is that while there is a reason for 32bit Windows to exist there is no reason for 64bit Gaming Card Drivers right now...

All you want there right now is a picture on the screen and for that an older card like a Radeon X1300 would be more than sufficient...

My response to the first part you said - It doesn't matter. People who bought all-in-one or pre-built desktops, most of them don't actually know and don't bother anyway.

Secondly, why are you telling me this? as this won't affect me since I'm running Win10 64-bit.

Next, I never implied getting things the non-legal way. You just went out of your way to explicitly say -

5 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

M$ offers them...

That's what you said. For real - some people still do have 32-bit OS on their PCs.

On 11/3/2018 at 4:32 PM, Stefan Payne said:

The reason I even included it in my post was because it was actual news and some people don't know it. Not to start a debate on "Who would use a 32bit OS in 2018?!".

Just make your own thread or do a poll if they know someone or companies that still use 32-bit OS on their machines.

I hope you realize this argument goes on and on and I'm not responding anymore after this.

You sir are taking this out of topic thing too far.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

7 hours ago, YoloSwag said:

My response to the first part you said - It doesn't matter. People who bought all-in-one or pre-built desktops, most of them don't actually know and don't bother anyway.

Exactly and those people don't upgrade their machine either - if it is not broken. Only when it stopped working or other issues are present.

Secondly, why are you telling me this? as this won't affect me since I'm running Win10 64-bit.

Next, I never implied getting things the non-legal way. You just went out of your way to explicitly say -

Because you always have the way to obtain things illegally if you want to...

That's what you said. For real - some people still do have 32-bit OS on their PCs.

Yes and there are (sometimes) reasons for that.

But the Question really is:

Who would use a modern Graphics card with a 32bit OS?

many, maybe even most modern Games don't run on 32bit OS either or cause Problems. So that only leaves two options:

a) Tablet users or other users of non upgradable systems - wich do not Support 64bit versions (I have one of those, though mostly broken)

b) in a Business/Commercial Enviroment where 32bit OS is in use for whatever reason

and most importantly:
c) Industrial applications where 64bit Drivers are not available for whatever reason.

But who of those would buy a modern Graphics card or need it?

The reason I even included it in my post was because it was actual news and some people don't know it. Not to start a debate on "Who would use a 32bit OS in 2018?!".

It wasn't news as news imply that it is new. 

And actually the last AMD 32bit Driver is NEWER than the nVidia one.

The nVidia one is from March and AMD from September.

BUT: there never was a Driver for Vega.
There never was a 32bit Driver for RX580 

There never was a 32bit Driver for RX480

There never was a 32bit Windows driver for R300 series

There never was a 32bit driver for Fury series

The last Card to support 32bit Windows was Hawaii from 2013.

There is no Windows 32bit Driver for the entire 300 Series (not R9-360, not R7-370, not R7 340.

That the last 32bit Driver was the 18.9.3 Optional from 8th of Semptember doesn't really matter when there was no new card for the last five years that supported 32bit Windows.

So it wasn't really news worthy of reporting it was something that fell off the wagon...

Just make your own thread or do a poll if they know someone or companies that still use 32-bit OS on their machines.

That doesn't matter.

What matters is what are the 32bit machines used for.

And if they need a modern graphics card or not.

But since the probability that they are game PCs are non existance and there are LEGAL/official ways to get a 64bit Image of the OS you have and the keys are for a specific version (ie Home, Pro/Business, Ultimate), not the Architecture you can get a 64bit Image and install it on your machine for playing games.

You only use the 32bit Version if you absolutely have to!

Ie you want to use an osciloscope and make some pictures of voltage and there is no 64bit Driver for that one.

You need special hardware that doesn't have 64bit OS Support.

And for a CNC Machine with Windows you don't really need a modern Graphics card.

Same for office...

It's funny when I think about it: rumors that Nvidia tweaked 1060's chipset elements but in weird way to compete with AMD's rival RX 590. Putting the very same GP104 core found in the 1070 and scaled it down and implemented GDDR5X buffer to co-operate with the new core. Which no one really can guess how it would scale the performance deltas.

console.log("way to pro");

4 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

[...]

Where did I ever claim there was a 32-bit driver for the RX 500 series?

Again, it was for people who still had a 32-bit OS build running.

At this point I'm starting to think you're just trolling and baiting me into getting more responses. Of course, you are gonna do it again. I'm just playing myself right now.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

If it's quieter than my 390 i might consider it. Else I'm waiting for 7nm

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>