How do i keep destroying my charging port?

atavax

2 Phones ago, the Phone lasted about a year, and the charging port died, then i bought a LG G5 because it was relatively cheap and it has a usb type c port, and i remember reading usb type c was supposed to be more durable somewhere. But nope, a little more than a year later, that charging port failed. Fortunately the G5 has a replaceable bottom for like $20, so i just bought a new bottom; but that one died in like 2 months. So I ended up buying 2 more new bottoms, and the first one of those is starting to fail after maybe 5 months. I'm not rough plugging them in or out. Previously i thought the handful of times i knocked the phone off my table when it was connected might of damage the port. But I've been careful the last 2 bottoms i haven't dont that at all and both fail. I think the one that lasted a month might of just been defective. It died differently than all the others in that one time i plugged it in, it didn't charge, but the bottom got super hot; and then every time after that it just wouldn't charge at all. How can i ever justify getting a good phone if the port just keeps dieing?

Smashing the cable to the side while plugged into the device does this (drops, catching the cord on something, putting the device into a cramped space while charging).  Same goes for picking the device up by the charging cable.

9 minutes ago, emosun said:

you're just too rough with it , my phone is 5 years old and is fine , i even have the same charging cable it came with

Absolute respect about that cable. But for the op, have you contacted lg about this?

If it breaks that easily then you are beeing very rough with the cable.

You can get magnetic chargingport that you hve permanently on the phone. You just plug in the magnetic cable and done.

https://m.gearbest.com/chargers-cables/pp_1383945.html?wid=1433363&currency=NOK&vip=15238412&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIytC01pKq3gIVzOeaCh0N4AqtEAQYAiABEgIdkvD_BwE

Like this one

You're using the stock cable and charger?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

yep, using the stock cable and charger. Haven't contacted LG because it has happened with previous phones as well. Thx for the idea on the magnetic charging port, just ordered one on amazon.

47 minutes ago, atavax said:

yep, using the stock cable and charger. Haven't contacted LG because it has happened with previous phones as well. Thx for the idea on the magnetic charging port, just ordered one on amazon.

If you sleep with your phone on the bed, you're likely rolling over it in your sleep and putting a lot of pressure on the connector.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

1 hour ago, KaminKevCrew said:

If you sleep with your phone on the bed, you're likely rolling over it in your sleep and putting a lot of pressure on the connector.

i don't sleep with it. its always on my stand. I have it on my desk next to my bed charging every night. IDK, I just find it hard to believe that the vast majority of people are gentler with connecting their phones to a cable than me. But regardless the magnetic charger should fix the problem.

56 minutes ago, atavax said:

i don't sleep with it. its always on my stand. I have it on my desk next to my bed charging every night. IDK, I just find it hard to believe that the vast majority of people are gentler with connecting their phones to a cable than me. But regardless the magnetic charger should fix the problem.

Yeah, I don't know what it is. I've never actually had problems with my phone connector (ever) so I'm not sure what it is that's causing you trouble - that was about the only thing I could come up with. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)