60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Phone case ?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Do you use Screen protector ?

• Yes.
    • No.

Personally I am full protection mode, but I am considering to go "naked" : /

Honestly, I see no reason to use screen protectors on my phones anymore. The glass Samsung uses is stronger than the tempered glass protectors and the plastic shit has never saved the screens of my old phones.

As for the case, unless it's a massive hunk of plastic with tons of rubber, again I don't find them to be effective at preventing any damage beyond maybe scuffing the finish slightly. Most cases, if the phone would break without, it'll break just as easily with it as well.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

@Drak3 Yeah I agree, I know people who uses both screen and case protection who are clamming to do it for re-selling purposes, but I feel like no one or at least the vast majority of people don't buy second hand devices from 2 years ago anymore : /

I had an Xperia Z, and then a Z1, and both were broken by me being clumsy and dropping them. I have an Xperia XZ now, it has a rubber case, not like a 'super rugged' one, just a thin rubber one with a cool design. 

And let me tell you... that phone has survived falls that would have killed my previous handsets, and survived them many times over. When you take the case off it's as fresh as the day I bought it.

Also the magnets for my car mount are stuck inside the case so I don't need to put them directly on the phone. I find modern handsets far too slippery, not to mention I used my phone in my garage a lot, and using a phone without a case in that environment is a surefire way for it to look messed up, fast.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

Always do on every phone i buy, i don't buy phone insurance (it's a rip off) so i take protection into my own hands, plus i can claim on my contents insurance if i have to

43 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Honestly, I see no reason to use screen protectors on my phones anymore. The glass Samsung uses is stronger than the tempered glass protectors and the plastic shit has never saved the screens of my old phones.

As for the case, unless it's a massive hunk of plastic with tons of rubber, again I don't find them to be effective at preventing any damage beyond maybe scuffing the finish slightly. Most cases, if the phone would break without, it'll break just as easily with it as well.

Look at "Survivor" cases i have on on my S7 and it's not that bulky, but that thing is solid as a rock

I don't see the point in not using a screen protector. The glass ones have saved my screens many times. I have an otterbox I use with a glass screen protector. But I mainly use a thin clear rubber one to just protect it against scratches not drop, because it can handle drops surprisingly well. (lgg6) 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Naked

Pro:

Naked, use as intended.

It is lighter, and cooler in the summer

Con:

Drop your it on its side or at an angle, smashed gorilla glass

Put your it near sand on a beach, scratches, sand has a higher hardness rating

Be safe, use protection!

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

Full-naked here. I don't baby-sit my phone, but I'm not reckless either and have never broken a phone - or even cracked a screen.

I stopped using screen protectors with newer phones as their glass screens do a good enough job of resisting day-to-day pocket-scratches. As for cases, I only use one when it is needed - exercising, workshop, outdoor activities. Otherwise, I prefer the feeling of a naked phone.

In my opinion, the looks-oriented phone cases are just disrespectful to the phone designers. What is the point of buying a premium device made out of carefully engineered glass and metal, and then proceed by putting it into a cheap plastic case?

EDIT: Mind you, going naked means that your phone WILL accumulate some odd scratches and maybe small dents if you drop it. How much will depend on how careful you are. But honestly - it's just a phone.

No for both, tried to when i first got the phone but i think its annoying

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

My phone is super cheap and I can't find cases for it so I'd rather just pay 45 bucks if I break it

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Just now, Sayori said:

My phone is super cheap and I can't find cases for it so I'd rather just pay 45 bucks if I break it

fair enough

a brick cover

s-l640.jpg

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

A bare phone doesn't feel right. Walking around without a case on an $800 smart phone is just asking for an expensive replacement. I use a case from Supcase and it's saved me multiple times not taking damage from accidental drops.

As for the screen protector, I actually ripped off the built in plastic one because it just made the display look ugly and feel weird. The case itself has a raised lip to give it some extra protection.

The Otterbox case for the OnePlus 3, and a TG screen protector. 

The case protects from any falls, and the screen protector helps absorb the impact, in case anything hits the front of the phone. 

There have been times when the screen protector shattered, but not the glass under. Just swap the screen protector, and it's back to its previous state. 

:)

I'm not in a habit of dropping my phones, so I don't use a case. Never broken a single phone, actually. I do have a screen-protector on, but that's just the one that was already on the phone when I bought it.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I'm not in a habit of dropping my phones, so I don't use a case. Never broken a single phone, actually. I do have a screen-protector on, but that's just the one that was already on the phone when I bought it.

Dam, you are good at protecting your phone. I drop my phone multiples time without serious damage. 

4 minutes ago, DaPhuc said:

Dam, you are good at protecting your phone. I drop my phone multiples time without serious damage. 

I think the one, single thing that contributes the most is that.... I don't use my phone while walking or doing any physical activity. If I need to e.g. type out a quick message, I stop walking before I take my phone out, and I put my phone away again before I resume walking. From what I've seen, most people, when they drop their phones, drop their phones when they're doing something else at the same time.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

I think the one, single thing that contributes the most is that.... I don't use my phone while walking or doing any physical activity. If I need to e.g. type out a quick message, I stop walking before I take my phone out, and I put my phone away again before I resume walking. From what I've seen, most people, when they drop their phones, drop their phones when they're doing something else at the same time.

I think one solution to solve phone dropping is to clue the phone to your hand. 

I have two phones; Galaxy S9 and iPhone 6. Both are naked.  Never had an issue with phones breaking

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

I still use a flip phone. The phone is the case.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Yes, always. I just switched to android after 4 years of using my 5c, currently just have a cheapo (but surprisingly good) amazon case. Doesn't have the protruding bumper on the front, which is dislike. I feel much safer with dropping my phone with the front bumpers. 

Both on the cheap phone.  I don't want to deal with not having a phone for a week from dropping it a few feet.