Source codes for Mortal Kombat Trilogy Nintendo 64 and Mortal Kombat 3 got leaked on 4chan

The source codes for Mortal Kombat Trilogy Nintendo 64 and Mortal Kombat 3 have been leaked online

It appears that the source codes for the Nintendo 64 version of Mortal Kombat Trilogy and for the Playstation 1 and PC versions of Mortal Kombat 3 have been leaked online. Now this is strictly illegal and as such we won’t allow any links to the files (they are real as some users have already been able to compile them and run them).

Now since we’ve seen numerous Mortal Kombat MUGEN games, we can’t help but wonder whether this leak will lead to some better unofficial MK games. Theoretically, users will be able now to re-texture characters and release proper executable versions of them (they will still be considered illegal). Furthermore, talented programmers may be able to add new characters with new movesets.

This leak opens up a lot of possibilities, though we are certain that Warner Bros may be pissed right now (as it currently owns the Mortal Kombat IP). After all, the company has released some collections featuring these classic fighting games and we are pretty sure that it will keep releasing them in – perhaps – every new console generation.

eX6NCVC.thumb.jpg.355532a3fd57d7a526a20eed583d6957.jpg

BTW mods, the link is dead.

So this is cool. I wish we had source code of more older games, but often times it's either gone or the publisher is greedy and wants to keep the rights in case they want to make a remake.

Sauce: https://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-source-codes-for-mortal-kombat-trilogy-nintendo-64-and-mortal-kombat-3-have-been-leaked-online/ / http://archive.is/m0CjL

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

The source code seems legit, I was able to download it in time. But it is kinda hard to compile, as the whole thing is ancient.

Is the 4chan thread still there?

Edit: Here's the 4chan thread. The OP download is gone. Looks like people have made new links in the thread, though.

http://boards.4chan.org/vr/thread/5117527

There's also mention that there might be source code for DOOM 64 in the download:

1540335706222.png

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

4 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Is the 4chan thread still there?

Edit: Here's the 4chan thread. The download is gone, though.

http://boards.4chan.org/vr/thread/5117527

I have it, but don't know if I can even point in the general direction of it.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

It looks like this isn't the only source code release for Mortal Kombat. 

The source code for Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for the PlayStation is on Github, and was uploaded there in 2012.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_commercial_video_games_with_available_source_code

"The source code and artwork of the PSX version were recovered from floppies in 2009."

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Would honestly love to see the code given it's all hand-written ASM . Too bad the link is dead :(

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

I don't think it's fair to make a news announcement about leaked source code, without supplying the  source code.

That's the entire reason I clicked on this thread

Oh boy, source code for hecking polygons

Interesting news from an archival perspective.  How many times have we heard from companies that they no longer have access to their own source code?  How incompetent do you have to be, to not have multiple redundant backups for your multi-million/billion dollar company's assets?