[CES announced] Pebble Steel, now whos getting one?

Teletha

You can pre-order one right now and you'll get free shipping for the early orders :)

we’re delighted to introduce Pebble Steel: our new, premium smartwatch. With Pebble, we created an iconic, colorful, and sporty smartwatch, but we wanted to build something even more refined—cranking the style dial to 11.

140106C.Steel-Trio.png

''Pebble Steel takes everything you know and love about Pebble—the crystal clear ePaper display, weeklong battery life, and waterproof design—and wraps it a smaller, thinner package. It’s made of forged and CNC-machined stainless steel.''

140106D.Pebble-and-Steel.png

Pebble welcomes Steel to the family.

The display is protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass lens with an oleophobic, anti-fingerprint coating. The housing also subtly incorporates a RGB LED light to indicate charge status. Like the original Pebble, Pebble Steel is waterproof up to 5 ATM.

Pebble Steel comes in two finishes: Brushed Stainless and Black Matte. All models are bundled with both a matching metal band and a black leather strap. The Black Matte Pebble Steel is crafted using a process called Physical Vapor Deposition to provide a tactile, deep black finish that’s also ultra-durable.

140106E.Steel-Launch-Pricing.png

Starting today, you’ll be able to order Pebble Steel exclusively from getpebble.com for $249 US, which includes free courier shipping worldwide for early orders. Orders for Pebble Steel will begin shipping on January 28.

From James Post ''Hands-on''

Third, we’re extremely proud to announce that Pandora, ESPN, and Mercedes-Benz are joining Yelp, Foursquare, GoPro, and iControl in our growing family of partners. We can’t wait to share the apps they’ve built to bring tiny moments of awesome to your Pebble everyday.

Pandora, iControl, and Mercedes-Benz will be demoing their Pebble apps with Pebble Steel here in Las Vegas. Please come take a look if you’re attending CES! For those who can’t make it in person, please watch Eric’s announcement video showcasing Pebble Steel and our partner apps.

We’re super excited about what the Pebble appstore, Pebble Steel, and our new partners bring to the table. Our mission is clear: create the gold standard for wearables that mesh perfectly with your everyday life, and build the fundamental ecosystem and platform for these devices.

140106F.Steel-Trio-Three-Quarter.png

Two thousand and thirteen was phenomenal for Pebble, but expect even more this year as we continue to improve our platform and listen to the feedback from our users and developers.

So, with two flavors of Pebble now in the world, who’s going to be starting a watch collection?

Steel Video & info:

https://blog.getpebble.com/2014/01/06/pebble-steel-ces-2014/

As i said all the way above u get free shiping for the first units they ship so 3-5 days DHL (Worldwide) is free! >.> or u could chose the standard several weeks shipping...

For people in the US u get the 3 days fedex Free but not the Overnight shipping it cost an extra off 25$ or you could chose the 3-5 day USPS for some reason.

Buy one:
https://getpebble.com/

AMD Ryzen 7950X3D [x2 360 Rad EKWB] | Asus Extreme x670E | RTX TUF 4090 OC@3GHz [EKWB Block] | Corsair HX1500i | G.Skill Neo CL30 6000MHz (2x32GB) | MP700 2TB Gen5 + 980/950 Pro 1TB M.2 | x6 85PRO 512GB | NAS 4x 18TB Seagate Exo Raid 10+Backblaze | Lian-Li o11D XL | Main Screen: Samsung OLED G9 | AUX: LG IPS7 27" (x2) LG CX 55" G-Sync | Copyright©1996-2024 Teletha All rights reserved. ®

i would get this one much sooner than the plastic one.

it became a consideration with the steel version

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

ye it's really awesome i will probably get this one after 2-3 months since im getting some sli configs and screens :P

AMD Ryzen 7950X3D [x2 360 Rad EKWB] | Asus Extreme x670E | RTX TUF 4090 OC@3GHz [EKWB Block] | Corsair HX1500i | G.Skill Neo CL30 6000MHz (2x32GB) | MP700 2TB Gen5 + 980/950 Pro 1TB M.2 | x6 85PRO 512GB | NAS 4x 18TB Seagate Exo Raid 10+Backblaze | Lian-Li o11D XL | Main Screen: Samsung OLED G9 | AUX: LG IPS7 27" (x2) LG CX 55" G-Sync | Copyright©1996-2024 Teletha All rights reserved. ®

Omg dem watchz

Build 1: 4770k (H100i) | 2 x MSI 280X Gaming 3G | Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero | Corsair RM850 | 16GB Corsiar Vengeance 1600MHz | Corsair Obsidian 750D |

Build 2: 3770k (Titan Fenrir Evo) | Powercool 3GB HD7970 Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair TX750 | 16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 2133MHz Inwin Fanqua |

|Preordered the black matte one. They just look so awesome now!

Too expensive

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

If I had the money and was looking to buy a watch, I'd buy this, but unfortunately I just bought a computer, though I kinda wish I had the money for it since It seems like this version of the pebble is the only smart watch that I wouldn't be embarrassed to wear in public.

Also, In case anyone wants to see a hands on of it, the Verge posted a video of the new watches.

Build LogsPCX - A HTPC/Low End Gaming PC in a Playstation 1 Chasis (90-ish% done) | Yamaha PC-350 (Computer in a RD-350 engine) --> Coming Soon | Mediocre Terrors: Yet Another Prodigy Build Log

They definitely look WAY nicer than the plastic ones, and have me maaaybe thinking about picking one up to see how it is.
Would be awesome to be able to make sure I don't have business emails without pulling out my phone while on a date.
That said....I usually wear a better watch when on one...

Personally though, these still win for sex appeal in my books.

Meta-line-black.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Looks really nice, might need to get one :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

it's getting harder to say "not yet"  :)

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

Linus would love this.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

I hope this sets the standard for future smartwatches. They will be far more appealing to technophobes if they have the same quality as the existing "dumb" watches, and if the build quality is as good as it looks, the price isn't all that bad when compared to "dumb" watches.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i3 3220 |     Mobo:     Asus  P8H77i |    RAM:    Non-bra nded (yeah i know) 8GB DDR3 |    GPU:    Palit GTX 660 ti |     Case:    Cooler Master Elite 1 20 |   Storage:   Cruc ial M4 64GB SSD/500GB HDD |   PSU:   OCZ CoreXtreme 500W |  Display:  Samsung SA550   |  Cooling:  Cooler Master Vor tex 211Q | Keyboard: CM Storm Q uickfire TK (Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G602/Steelseries QcK Mass

looks ways better than the original!

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Looks a lot better than the regular one, but I woulnd't spend $250 on something that I'm not going to use that much (heck, even the regular one for $150 seems overpriced imo).

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Nice. I prefer leather straps than metal straps for watches (I have soft skin). But,  I still don't think wearable tech is at the maturity for be to buy one just yet. For early adopters, this would be definitely nice. Way better than Sony and Samsung's watches.

Looks way nicer imo and it looks more of a premium product now with its really nice build quality. 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I really want one, but I'd need a bit more convincing before I can call it a replacement for my current TokyoFlash Japan watch. Kind of strapped for cash at the moment with my splurge on other hobbyist items and tuition fees... guess I'll wait for MKBHD's review to go live (he's confirmed to have one).

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

For me, a smart watch is simply another alternative to access notifications and functions that my smartphone already has, so it's not really that hard to pull it out of my pocket to check. Maybe smart watches fit in some peoples' niche, but for me, the available features don't justify the high price tag.

For me, a smart watch is simply another alternative to access notifications and functions that my smartphone already has, so it's not really that hard to pull it out of my pocket to check. Maybe smart watches fit in some peoples' niche, but for me, the available features don't justify the high price tag.

i thought of that too but it's those random moments where you really appreciate it, like if you're on your bike, cramped space where the phone is hard to get up, in the shower, being a bit to far from the phone and stuff like that so u know if it's really worth grabbing your phone over it. 

I'd really look at getting one if it wouldn't get decimated by my job. 

:(

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

They actually look incredibly tempting, but still too gimmicky for me. There isn't a minute in the day when I'm not using my phone anyway.... So this seems kinda pointless for my usage scenario

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I like it. No longer looks like a kiddie watch.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Ouch, are people actually going to pay $250 for that?

I think the original was over priced, now they just put it in a new case and added $100 to the cost. I didn't read up on it, but it looks like the same size screen and everything.

I'll just leave this here. :)

2ql8kt1.png

Yes I did buy one don't judge me.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB