[CES announced] Pebble Steel, now whos getting one?

Teletha

Way too expensive for what it does. Just a clock and notifications on a very low resolution tri colored screen for $250? No thanks. Might look into the Toq smart watch but for now "smart" watches aren't very smart and cost too much.

Its not a tri colored screen.... its an e-paper display, so black and white only. There is however a tri-colored LED for notifications.

I ordered the steel 2 days after it was announced (simply because I was flying around the world when it was announced :/) so mine arrives mid-Feb ... 

Way too expensive for what it does. Just a clock and notifications on a very low resolution tri colored screen for $250? No thanks. Might look into the Toq smart watch but for now "smart" watches aren't very smart and cost too much.

Dude the ppi of that epaper display is around the same as my note 2! Witch i think is fine for a device that i look at for only 2 seconds at a time. And if i can have 5-7 day of battery with that display i'am totaly fine with it. Thinking of selling my 1st gen pebble to buy this one :P

Case : Corsiar Air 540 CPU : Intel i5 8600k GPU : Asus Nvidia 970 DirectCUII RAM : 16gb DDR4 MB : ASUS Prime z370-p PSU : OCZ Modxtreme 700w SSD : Samsung 840 EVO 250gb