Warning points

Beef Boss

I get the whole warning points thing, but I don't think points should stay on an account forever... 

Especially for a such a small thing I did to get the warning... I think it's unfair to make something like this to never expire. Calling someone a donkey might be rude sure, but I've seen worse and more rule breaking 

Spoiler

Not that anyone would agree with me, but I still felt as though to speak my mind on this. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

2 minutes ago, EPENEX said:

If you called me a donkey, I would be quite upset as I am obviously a pony.

Valid point

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Every time I've gotten points, they expire after half a year.

3 minutes ago, EPENEX said:

If you called me a donkey, I would be quite upset as I am obviously a pony.

You're obviously a red devil.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

How do the warning-points work in the first place? Does one get a temporary (or permanent?) ban after a certain number of them, or what? I'll admit that I've never read any of the rules here on the forums.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

5 minutes ago, aki adaki said:

I get the whole warning points thing, but I don't think points should stay on an account forever... 

They expire after some time

Just now, Drak3 said:

Every time I've gotten points, they expire after half a year.

That doesn't sound so bad to me.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

How do the warning-points work in the first place? Does one get a temporary (or permanent?) ban after a certain number of them, or what? I'll admit that I've never read any of the rules here on the forums.

If i recall you get a 1day suspension for reaching 5 and then something happens at 15

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Just now, lewdicrous said:

They expire after some time

points themselves yes, I bet mods can still your warnings history though.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

If i recall you get a 1day suspension for reaching 5 and then something happens at 15

I see. Well, personally, I feel those are more than reasonable, too.

Just now, Levent said:

Most likely yes.

You can see the warnings you get on your profile, even after they expire.

Just now, WereCatf said:

I see. Well, personally, I feel those are more than reasonable, too.

Sometimes some mods will nick you for something really minor though and there's no appeal process

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

She/they 

1 minute ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

I've had 36 hour suspensions on 2 points.

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

They can. Those are a permanent record type of thing.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Sometimes some mods will nick you for something really minor though and there's no appeal process

Yes there is, address it with an admin like Mortis.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

I've had 36 hour suspensions on 2 points.

I got a 38 hour (commuted to 34 i think) one for 5 for a minor argument over iPhone cameras

She/they 

1 minute ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

I've had a mod message me once telling me that it was not okay to post what I posted, and once I got a warning but with no points assigned.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Yes there is, address it with an admin like Mortis.

How? You're temp banned and can't access the forum without creating an alt (against the rules, RIP @DarkBuzzsaw). I used the beta but that's gone now (RIP)

She/they 

Just now, EPENEX said:

I've had a mod message me once telling me that it was not okay to post what I posted, and once I got a warning but with no points assigned.

That happens too and IIRC it's considered an "informal warning"

She/they 

1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

I don't think we're allowed to talk about this

worst case scenario, you earn 3 more warning points. yolo.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

On the other hand, mods have been pretty lenient on me so far; I have been... well, I'm not sure if "rude" is quite the correct term, but somewhat aggressive in some conversations here and I would've understood a slap on the wrist. But yes, perhaps there should be a "please, have two other mods review this warning" - type of appeal-thing or similar. Even mods are humans and they can have bad days, going through some stuff or whatever, and overreact. I don't really know what would be the optimal thing or if any mods themselves agree with what I proposed (though, it would be interesting to hear their thoughts, too!)

Just now, Levent said:

No meta-discussion!

She/they 

1 minute ago, Levent said:

At once.

Or a warning point for each post

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

On the other hand, mods have been pretty lenient on me so far; I have been... well, I'm not sure if "rude" is quite the correct term, but somewhat aggressive in some conversations here and I would've understood a slap on the wrist. But yes, perhaps there should be a "please, have two other mods review this warning" - type of appeal-thing or similar. Even mods are humans and they can have bad days, going through some stuff or whatever, and overreact. I don't really know what would be the optimal thing or if any mods themselves agree with what I proposed (though, it would be interesting to hear their thoughts, too!)

Yeah that would be fair or maybe you have to get 2 other mods to approve it to issue more than 2 points or something like that

She/they 

Just now, lewdicrous said:

At once.

Or a warning point for each post

I mean nobody seems to have noticed yet (Nobody @Moderator)

She/they