iPhone X or Google Pixel 3 XL?

Now judging from the title, the winner is gonna be a no brainer but here me out.

So my older brother is gonna get the XS Max and give me his iPhone X for free. My samsung s7 edge has been a really bad experience sadly. The Google Pixel 3 XL is a week away & I'm trying to decide if:

1. I should get the iPhone X for free but then that means I switch to iOS
  2. I should get the Google Pixel 3 XL and go from Touchwiz to stock android but I'll have to pay by my own money & money has been extremely tight for me as of lately

Can anyone help me out? I wanna be convinced to stay on android but i'm just not sure if I should or get the iPhone X & wait a few years for something crazy

I would take that Iphone X. (Its the phone im currently using, and i could not be happier)

and i switch phones alot, i use both Android & IOS.

Feel free to ask me any questions. 

X for free? Absolutely.

I've been using mine for around 10 months now and its been absolutely stellar 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Take the free one.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i would switch to iOS too ,if i would get an iPhone X for Free. Unless, you sell it and really need to stick to android.

iPhone X all the way, even if the Pixel 3 is better. Reason being: long term update support. I don’t trust Google. Call yourself lucky if your phone gets 3 years worth of software updates. I am willing to bet that this Pixel phone will be a sluggish mess after 2 years but I am being cynical here. 

EDIT: Switching to iOS was incredibly easy because most Google apps work really well on iOS. Everything else is straightforward. 

Yeah. Apple is rumored to be working on an in display fingerprint reader for the iPhone which will hopefully mean the end of Face ID. And your comment about long term update support is true. You get 5 years worth of major iOS updates along with many more minor updates. Apple is the way to go when it comes to long term update support. I am glad i'm not the only one who sees things like that.. I hope they support the iPhone 6 Plus (the phone i currently use and enjoy) for another 1 to 2 years so i can raise up enough money for a new iPhone. But only time will tell.. 

@UltimaHeart

Apple also gives iPhone users way more app updates. Example, i have had the iPhone 6 Plus since 2014 (My sister was the one who bought it, not me.. we switched phones) and the phone still gets facebook app updates.. pretty much every app i use gets compatibility updates to support ios 12 on the iPhone 6 Plus. 

22 hours ago, zrmaxwell said:

Yeah. Apple is rumored to be working on an in display fingerprint reader for the iPhone which will hopefully mean the end of Face ID. And your comment about long term update support is true. You get 5 years worth of major iOS updates along with many more minor updates. Apple is the way to go when it comes to long term update support. I am glad i'm not the only one who sees things like that.. I hope they support the iPhone 6 Plus (the phone i currently use and enjoy) for another 1 to 2 years so i can raise up enough money for a new iPhone. But only time will tell.. 

The way things are going leave me a bit worried about the value of iPhones. Apple knows they can charge even more for their phones, because Android is a mess with regards to updates and support. So if in the future I can’t get an iPhone under $1000 (Canadian), I’ll probably settle for an equivalent LG or Huawei phone for around $300~$400 through a carrier and use it for 2 maybe 3 years. 

Just get the free iPhone X

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:38 AM, UltimaHeart said:

Now judging from the title, the winner is gonna be a no brainer but here me out.

So my older brother is gonna get the XS Max and give me his iPhone X for free. My samsung s7 edge has been a really bad experience sadly. The Google Pixel 3 XL is a week away & I'm trying to decide if:

2. I should get the Google Pixel 3 XL and go from Touchwiz to stock android but I'll have to pay by my own money & money has been extremely tight for me as of lately

Can anyone help me out? I wanna be convinced to stay on android but i'm just not sure if I should or get the iPhone X & wait a few years for something crazy

Dude if you are getting it for free and there are no humiliating things your brother makes you do(just kidding...) then take it. The Pixel 3 XL with its notch looks worse than the iPhone X. I would suggest you save up for maybe the Pixel 4 X or the gen after that because that iPhone will last you long, just don't drop it.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:08 PM, zrmaxwell said:

Android for customization & options. Apple for stability & consistency.

Android for better value for money but that's pretty much it at top end.

13 hours ago, Tarun10 said:

Android for better value for money but that's pretty much it at top end.

Only if you don’t get a Samsung! Samsung is getting as expensive as Apple. Other brands charge half as much.

17 hours ago, kokakolia said:

Only if you don’t get a Samsung! Samsung is getting as expensive as Apple. Other brands charge half as much.

I meant budget end but Apple doesn't exist there and in emerging markets the Note 9 is nearly 300$ cheaper in some places due to tax. In India its about 190$ cheaper for base configs.

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2018 at 4:08 PM, UltimaHeart said:

Get iPhone X 256GB GSM+CDMA