Nvidia's GeForce RTX 2070 launches on October 17.

The_Tron
1 hour ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

If the RTX 2080 is an indication, I wouldn't bet a lot on this card outperforming a 1080. It'll more than likely match it.

Yeah, it seems that it won't be outperforming my OC'd 1070 ti by much. Looks like I got a great deal on it by grabbing it for $285 a month ago

8086k Winner BABY!!

Main rig

CPU: R7 5800x3d (-25 all core CO 102 bclk)

Board: Gigabyte B550 AD UC

Cooler: Corsair H150i AIO

Ram: 32gb HP V10 RGB 3200 C14 (3733 C14) tuned subs

GPU: EVGA XC3 RTX 3080 (+120 core +950 mem 90% PL)

Case: Thermaltake H570 TG Snow Edition

PSU: Fractal ION Plus 760w Platinum  

SSD: 1tb Teamgroup MP34  2tb Mushkin Pilot-E

Monitors: 32" Samsung Odyssey G7 (1440p 240hz), Some FHD Acer 24" VA

GFs System

CPU: E5 1660v3 (4.3ghz 1.2v)

Mobo: Gigabyte x99 UD3P

Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO

Ram: 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 C16 (3000 C14)

GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 Super 

Case: Phanteks P400A Mesh

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650w

SSD: Kingston NV1 2tb

Monitors: 27" Viotek GFT27DB (1440p 144hz), Some 24" BENQ 1080p IPS

The RTX 2070 will be about half way between the 1080ti and 1080 performance, but still given the price not a very good deal imo.

the prices i no longer care and you only buy if you want to, but no SLI, come on that's just a dick move. Nvidia is basically shitting and giving zero f's on customers by now

"what are you going to do buy a AMD card"   *sounds of evil laughter come from Nvidia's headquarters top floor* 

40 minutes ago, asus killer said:

"what are you going to do buy a AMD card"   *sounds of evil laughter come from Nvidia's headquarters top floor*

well, you can sort of do that......... https://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/amd_rumoured_to_ship_12nm_polaris_30_gpus_in_october/1    (edit: yes i am wondering why there is no news about this concerning the triggerhappy people are with AMD news)

well the 2070 seems to be a 1080 with raytracing. at the 1080 pricepoint (at launch). they did up the pricetier, therefore it is to be expected. ill be sad if the 2060 is a 1070 without raytracing at 1070 pricepoint. 2060 could be a very nice card this gen, if they price it like the last 1060 6 GB (edit: which let`s be honest they wont.) 

Edited by GoldenLag

45 minutes ago, asus killer said:

"what are you going to do buy a AMD card"

Yes, considering the vega 56 is already cheaper and will probably drop further when the 2070 launches.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Yes, considering the vega 56 is already cheaper and will probably drop further when the 2070 launches.

This depends enterily on regions and the local electric cost. Vega 56 cards still go for 500$+ a piece in my region.

6 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

This depends enterily on regions and the local electric cost. Vega 56 cards still go for 500$+ a piece in my region.

Sure, exceptions apply. Still, wouldn't the 2070 also be more expensive in your country?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

10 hours ago, The_Tron said:

Worse, the cutting-edge technologies that Nvidia’s radical Turing GPU was built for—real-time ray tracing, Deep Learning Super Sampling, and more—aren’t available in traditional games yet (although several games have pledged RTX support)

If anyone is expecting this you will set yourself up for disappointment, especially if the hardware does not have high sales. Only a few games adopt new APIs. Most games are made to hardware that most consumers own, so they always lag behind hardware improvements.

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Sure, exceptions apply. Still, wouldn't the 2070 also be more expensive in your country?

Yes and no. The pricing mentioned is currency and regional pricing adjusted. At least at launch the 2070 and vega should be about the same price

8 hours ago, S w a t s o n said:

BF V may have tunable RTX to basically change the raytracing resolution seperate from the raster resolution. A developer stated this was in the works in a digital foundry video. Other games may do the same or just hide it behind a slder or low/med/high choice

That might be better but still your going down to 1080p to moderately, even barely use Ray tracing at a price point starting well above 1080p ultra gaming. 

It makes very little sense and feels like a big cash grab. 

Has anyone done crypto mining tests on these yet? I'd be curious to know how well they perform and whether or not that has anything to do with the insane pricing of the 20 series. Could explain a lot if the 20 series is a beast at mining. 

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

20 hours ago, TheDankKoosh said:

Yeah, it seems that it won't be outperforming my OC'd 1070 ti by much. Looks like I got a great deal on it by grabbing it for $285 a month ago

Paid $225 for my 1070 ti (yes it was new not used) makes these card prices look absolutely ludicrous. 

28 minutes ago, Shorty88jr said:

Paid $225 for my 1070 ti (yes it was new not used) makes these card prices look absolutely ludicrous. 

holy shit I wanna know where you live if you're getting 1070 ti for that price. 285 was already the best I could find on ebay for the G1 gaming that I have.

8086k Winner BABY!!

Main rig

CPU: R7 5800x3d (-25 all core CO 102 bclk)

Board: Gigabyte B550 AD UC

Cooler: Corsair H150i AIO

Ram: 32gb HP V10 RGB 3200 C14 (3733 C14) tuned subs

GPU: EVGA XC3 RTX 3080 (+120 core +950 mem 90% PL)

Case: Thermaltake H570 TG Snow Edition

PSU: Fractal ION Plus 760w Platinum  

SSD: 1tb Teamgroup MP34  2tb Mushkin Pilot-E

Monitors: 32" Samsung Odyssey G7 (1440p 240hz), Some FHD Acer 24" VA

GFs System

CPU: E5 1660v3 (4.3ghz 1.2v)

Mobo: Gigabyte x99 UD3P

Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO

Ram: 32gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 C16 (3000 C14)

GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 Super 

Case: Phanteks P400A Mesh

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650w

SSD: Kingston NV1 2tb

Monitors: 27" Viotek GFT27DB (1440p 144hz), Some 24" BENQ 1080p IPS

1 hour ago, TheDankKoosh said:

holy shit I wanna know where you live if you're getting 1070 ti for that price. 285 was already the best I could find on ebay for the G1 gaming that I have.

Technically I paid $225 but I had to play the market to get that price. I bought a 1070 from microcenter open box for $325 then since it was during the peak of mining flipped it on eBay for $650. Then I bought a 1070 ti for like $500 and so after buying the new card and eBay fees I made $100 therefore I only technically paid $225 for it. It took some time and effort but it was worth it to get a 1070 ti for that price. 

20 hours ago, GlobalPentahedron Corp said:

If anyone is expecting this you will set yourself up for disappointment, especially if the hardware does not have high sales. Only a few games adopt new APIs. Most games are made to hardware that most consumers own, so they always lag behind hardware improvements.

Well, the rumour is the new nvidia cards are already all sold out on presales and believe it or not but DLSS seems to be being adopted faster than any new development we have seen before, the cards haven't even been released and yet 25 titles already support it with more coming.  The only thing that remains to be seen is independent benchmarks to verify the Nvidia marketing guff.   And to be quite honest, even if raytracing turns out to be less than acceptable the DLSS is still looking to make a big enough difference to the performance to justify the cost difference. .

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 9/25/2018 at 5:48 PM, ZcanKal said:

a 2070 will have about the power of a 1080, and remember, a couple months ago, almost all GPU's were still recovering from mining prices.

On 9/25/2018 at 5:39 PM, Turtle Rig said:

That is a great price.  The 1080 GTX was like 700 dollars couple months back ago.  This 2070 will wipe the floor with the 1080.  Go for it and try to get it with no tax and free shipping if you can.  500 bones and 4k gaming youll get.

Yea, I got my 1080 new for $525 at the height of the mining craze, and thought that was the deal of the century lol

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

On 9/25/2018 at 7:49 PM, CTR640 said:

Console gamers are laughing at us.

Ehhhh... I highly doubt that. You can still blow consoles out of the water with several GPUs out there. Just the brand new cutting edge flashy ray tracing technology turbo boost explosion fire dragon action force cards are a bit over priced for what they are. Still have plenty of other options for better than console performance, even considering the xbox one x.

Also, never heard of a console gamer even knowing what GPUs are out there. Unless they follow the verge... -.-... lol

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

On 9/26/2018 at 3:45 AM, Sauron said:

Member when 500$ was considered high end?

...You mean 3 months ago? lol

1 hour ago, EarthWormJM2 said:

Ehhhh... I highly doubt that. You can still blow consoles out of the water with several GPUs out there. Just the brand new cutting edge flashy ray tracing technology turbo boost explosion fire dragon action force cards are a bit over priced for what they are. Still have plenty of other options for better than console performance, even considering the xbox one x.

Also, never heard of a console gamer even knowing what GPUs are out there. Unless they follow the verge... -.-... lol

I’ve done both PC and console gaming, the former originally exposing me to LTT. I can assure you that I know what GPUs are available. Choosing to game on console is in my case an informed choice, even if it’s not right for everyone. 

3 hours ago, EarthWormJM2 said:

That's the problem: how will ray tracing become standard if nVidia asks for abominable retarded prices?? No company will waste resources on something that's way too expensive and un-common. And besides, the RTX have been so un-interesting, I purchased 1080Ti and paid €680 for it. It saved me around or more than €200, they still sell them for 800 and more.

And lol at the verge, I've seen the retardation.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

16 hours ago, Morgan Everett said:

I’ve done both PC and console gaming, the former originally exposing me to LTT. I can assure you that I know what GPUs are available. Choosing to game on console is in my case an informed choice, even if it’s not right for everyone. 

I'm not saying people like you don't exist, hell I have all 3 consoles along with my PC, I just meant the vast majority of console gamers out there don't care about hardware and just want a box that can play a few popular games with their friends online and they don't have to think about it, just plug and play, or they are younger kids who haven't learned about the technology yet.

38 minutes ago, EarthWormJM2 said:

I'm not saying people like you don't exist, hell I have all 3 consoles along with my PC, I just meant the vast majority of console gamers out there don't care about hardware and just want a box that can play a few popular games with their friends online and they don't have to think about it, just plug and play, or they are younger kids who haven't learned about the technology yet.

Why do you think this? In fact, I can easily think of reasons to think the contrary. 

On 9/27/2018 at 12:34 AM, mr moose said:

Well, the rumour is the new nvidia cards are already all sold out on presales and believe it or not but DLSS seems to be being adopted faster than any new development we have seen before, the cards haven't even been released and yet 25 titles already support it with more coming.  The only thing that remains to be seen is independent benchmarks to verify the Nvidia marketing guff.   And to be quite honest, even if raytracing turns out to be less than acceptable the DLSS is still looking to make a big enough difference to the performance to justify the cost difference. .

DLSS was one of the best technologies of the RTX launch and is truly the only reason I even have an interest in RTX cards/content. It is really too bad that Nvidia talked less about DLSS than Ray-Tracing.

On 9/25/2018 at 7:25 PM, DocSwag said:

WTF that's stupid.

You should buy a 2080 ti

I agree.

The 2080 ti is the only card that eclipses 1000 series performance. 

I was hoping that DLSS would make the RTX 2080/2070 worth buying but after watching this video I am not so sure.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

On 9/26/2018 at 2:45 AM, Sauron said:

Member when 500$ was considered high end?

Not even midrange now since the TU106 card is $600.