Top card for 3570k

bling

Hi! I'm looking for the top card to pair with my old companion 3570k (air cooled right now therefore I don't know if I can reach the same frequency as when it was liquidcooled, but I plan to delid this time).

I'm staying with Nvidia and 1440p, to mitigate the old processor.

I already tried it with a 1080ti but there was a heavy bottleneck, the performance wasn't bad though.

I don't know if a 1070 or 1070ti will be fine or if I need a 1060 to avoid bottleneck.

Any experience to share?

Latest build: MyPC Liquid Time

6 minutes ago, bling said:

Hi! I'm looking for the top card to pair with my old companion 3570k (air cooled right now therefore I don't know if I can reach the same frequency as when it was liquidcooled, but I plan to delid this time).

I'm staying with Nvidia and 1440p, to mitigate the old processor.

I already tried it with a 1080ti but there was a heavy bottleneck, the performance wasn't bad though.

I don't know if a 1070 or 1070ti will be fine or if I need a 1060 to avoid bottleneck.

Any experience to share?

Hardware Canucks showed that the i7-2600K can still be played with 1080 ti with a performance that is close to a 8700K but without Multi Core Enhancement

so you should overclock the 3570K, but i guess if that still doesn't work then a 1070 is what i would pair it to

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

How much do you want to spend? Id get the best card you can afford.

The budget is not a problem, I'm also hoping the pricing will lower a bit (a lot) now that rtx are out.

I'm looking for the best card that won't be bottlenecked by the cpu.

The purpose is to have the lowest drop in performance against my primary system running a 8700k paired to a 1080ti

Just now, bling said:

The budget is not a problem, I'm also hoping the pricing will lower a bit (a lot) now that rtx are out.

I'm looking for the best card that won't be bottlenecked by the cpu.

The purpose is to have the lowest drop in performance against my primary system running a 8700k paired to a 1080ti

It really depends on the game aswell.

Having a faster gpu will always help you here. If you got the money get a 1070ti or 1080.

10 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Hardware Canucks showed that the i7-2600K can still be played with 1080 ti with a performance that is close to a 8700K but without Multi Core Enhancement

so you should overclock the 3570K, but i guess if that still doesn't work then a 1070 is what i would pair it to

I tried the 1080ti with the Witcher 3, GTA v and rise of the tomb raider and I noticed a lot of bottleneck. That's why I ended up upgrading to a 8700k. Now I have the 3570k sitting around and I need a second pc elsewhere, but I don't want to waste money on a bottlenecked card. I'll search for the video you mentioned, maybe there's also a comparison with other cards.

@Electronics Wizardy games are primarily the Witcher 3, GTA v, fortnite and i guess the new tomb raider will be added to the list pretty soon

4 minutes ago, bling said:

I tried the 1080ti with the Witcher 3, GTA v and rise of the tomb raider and I noticed a lot of bottleneck. That's why I ended up to upgrade to a 8700k. Now I have the 3570k sitting around and I need a second pc elsewhere, but I don't want to waste money on a bottlenecked card. I'll search for the video you mentioned, maybe there's also a comparison with other cards

what about used cards instead? maybe a 980 ti?

or this?

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Tv38TW/evga-geforce-gtx-1070-8gb-sc-gaming-acx-30-video-card-08g-p4-6173-kr

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Second hand GTX 980 Ti cards are going for dirty cheap nowadays and personally I feel it's the best cost effective solution for you.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

6 hours ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

5 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

Second hand GTX 980 Ti cards are going for dirty cheap nowadays and personally I feel it's the best cost effective solution for you.

I'm not ignoring used card, I'm just looking for the best performing card. I'm just not so keen to used cars nowadays because of mining and difficulties to find block for liquidcooling.

Anyway both of you suggest a 980ti, so basically that or the equivalent 1070 should be my choices. I'll look for a good deal on those then.

Thanks!!

9 hours ago, MalfurionStormrage said:

I have an i7-2600 paired with a 1060, and the only game so far that where my CPU bottlenecked is BFV on 64-player multiplayer maps. 

Based on your experience do you think to have margin for a 1070 or the power jump would be too high for the cpu?