3 Tips for Better Color in Your Videos

Buy Benq Monitors:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/MBkCdj
Amazon Promo Code for SW240: 10SW240AMZ (Limited to first 50 people)
B&H Photo: http://geni.us/3q8Xmq
On Newegg: http://geni.us/9hY7Za5

Whether you’re shooting with a RED Weapon or a basic DSLR, Color correction is an important step to get professional grade video and photography. Here’s a quick tutorial on how WE could do better..

Or just be lazy and don't make shit anymore like I do

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

This also applies to RAW shot photos. You'll made it seem like this is only for video, a oversight to me.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Nah, you just need to turn those colour mistakes into birds.

Image result for bob ross mistakes trees now meme

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Please do a video on how well those types of monitor do with gaming. How well do games do on a panel with near 100% adobe RGB and a higher it depth LUT?

Is the increase in latency worth it for any gains in picture quality?

Mainly want one display that will do well for post production work but still work reasonably well for gaming.

On the subject of color correction, LLT have featured a more recent post-production change I'm curious about. What's the creative thought process behind reducing gamma and underexposing light levels? It's not really bad but it is different.

I have a question about fixing the colour balance on a monitor.   How do you do that?

Im running dual monitors.  My old Acer and a new BenQ, i don't know the models because i'm at work.. The colours on each look different and it is driving me crazy.  How do you calibrate the colours on the monitors properly.  The colour adjustments built in the the monitor don't seem powerful enough and the colour balancing softwere that came with my BenQ (display pilot) is glitchy and does not work on my other monitor.  Is there a good 3rd party software that works on all monitors and how do you get the calibration right?  I have looked into calibration tools similar to the one shown in the video but they are $100+ and i would like a cheaper option.

On 19/09/2018 at 2:28 PM, Razor512 said:

Please do a video on how well those types of monitor do with gaming. How well do games do on a panel with near 100% adobe RGB and a higher it depth LUT?

Mainly want one display that will do well for post production work but still work reasonably well for gaming.

Will work fine for gaming, but you need a graphics card capable of pushing 10 bit colour to get the most of it, and those cards aren’t usually designed for gaming. Though if gaming isn’t your primary purpose, then a quadro should do just fine.

EDIT: I may be out of date with this information, I haven’t bought a new gpu in years

On 9/18/2018 at 11:28 PM, Razor512 said:

It's going to depend on the individual monitor in question.

Some will have processors that introduce a higher level of latency than others.

The amount of latency that is unacceptable is somewhat subjective, and depends not only on user preference but also the pace and style of the specific game in question.

As far as the trade value gained in picture quality...it's not going to be like the difference between a TN and an IPS panel. I think you'd be hard-pressed to be able to tell the difference between a game rendered in 8-bit colour versus 10-bit. If you paused the game and pixel peeped, you could probably see a reduction in banding and smoother colour gradation, but neither of are easily visible in a game where the scene/environment is constantly changing.

If you're looking for something acceptable for mastering AND gaming, get the PG27UQ and a Quadro.