Apple announces iPhone Xs, Xs Max, and Xr

DocSwag
Just now, DrMacintosh said:

The difference is Apple still supports their 5 year old phones.

It's not like phones magically stop working. Or that people are somehow missing out on anything super substancial.

And most people don't care either, they either hold onto their phones until it stops working regardless of support, or they upgrade every year or two, regardless of support. That argument only really matters to a subset of techies.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 9/14/2018 at 2:00 AM, Vode said:

The user experience is shit IMO, the software overall. Forced Google apps, bloatware, etc. Phone gets laggy over time even without software updates. Especially Samsung ones.

I guess it has gotten better with Mid-Range Android phones, I'll give you that. Headphone jack is great too. 

For me personally I can't stand Android anymore. It just wastes too much of my time, isn't elegant at all.

opposite experience for me. i almost always have a custom rom and my note 4 seems to be getting faster with each new android version. i had a nightmare experience with my old iphone 5 when i upgraded to ios 7 it lags everywhere: when opening apps, web browsing, etc. and every 2 hours the wifi stops working even though it says im connected and i have to reset network settings and reboot

2 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

opposite experience for me. i almost always have a custom rom and my note 4 seems to be getting faster with each new android version. i had a nightmare experience with my old iphone 5 when i upgraded to ios 7 it lags everywhere: when opening apps, web browsing, etc. and every 2 hours the wifi stops working even though it says im connected and i have to reset network settings and reboot

Comparing the user experience of a 32Bit phone from 2012 to a 64Bit phone from 2014. Nice 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Comparing the user experience of a 32Bit phone from 2012 to a 64Bit phone from 2014. Nice 

the note 4 is 32bit

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

US and European versions of the Note 4 were 32bit. Also, don't want people comparing phones two years apart, don't tout that the older phone is supported longer.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, spartaman64 said:

the note 4 is 32bit

Really? Even though it came out in 2014 and Apple was doing 64Bit in 2013?

Kinda sad. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

the note 4 is 32bit

Korean version was 64bit, European and US were 32bit.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Really? Even though it came out in 2014 and Apple was doing 64Bit in 2013?

Kinda sad. 

Not really. The difference wasn't beneficial then, isn't all that beneficial now.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Also, don't want people comparing phones two years apart, don't tout that the older phone is supported longer.

There is a difference in directly comparing two phones from the same time period and directly comparing two phones that are years apart. 

Its common sense really.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Not really. The difference wasn't beneficial then, isn't all that beneficial now.

The difference was paramount to the iPhone 5s which is getting iOS 12 thanks to that 64Bit SoC. The Note 4 has no official support. 

There is a difference in directly comparing two separate phones from the same time period and directly comparing two phones that are years apart. 

Yes. That doesn't make the comparison bad, wrong, or invalid. Especially when you validate it with "our phone is older and will still be supported longer."

Its common sense really

No, it's not.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

US and European versions of the Note 4 were 32bit. Also, don't want people comparing phones two years apart, don't tout that the older phone is supported longer.

6 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

fine lets compare it to the iphone 6 then. my friend's iphone 6 dies whenever its at 15-30% and when its a hot or cold day he cant use his phone because it says a temperature warning. while im using my phone next to him

This new processor can process up to 2.1 billions job at a time.

Iphone consumer : didn't even know what the fuck does that mean, Here's $1000

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

6 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

my friend's iphone 6 dies whenever its at 15-30%

Time for a new battery for him then. It's really easy to do on your own or costs $30 to replace at Apple. Batteries are consumable items and every cell will need to replaced eventually, including the one in your Note 4 if you haven't replaced it already. 

and when its a hot or cold day he cant use his phone because it says a temperature warning. while im using my phone next to him

Every phone has an operational temperature range, some manufactures don't care and will let your phones SoC condense water onto the PCB, others won't. Same goes for heat, some won't care that heat literally kills batteries and others will. 

It's really easy to do on your own

No, it's not.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

6 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Time for a new battery for him then. It's really easy to do on your own or costs $30 to replace at Apple. Batteries are consumable items and every cell will need to replaced eventually, including the one in your Note 4 if you haven't replaced it already. 

Every phone has an operational temperature range, some manufactures don't care and will let your phones SoC condense water onto the PCB, others won't. 

well did my phone explode? and theres no excuse you can give for the high temperature warning it just has bad cooling. also considering the apple store charged me 70 dollars for them to stick a screw driver into my imac power button and wiggle it around i doubt its a 30 dollar battery replacement 

image.png.2b17b1dc0052b85cea5dd33d6d75127d.png

this is my power button after they "fixed" it. sure you can press it now but you have to use every ounce of strength in your hand 

Just now, Drak3 said:

No, it's not.

A P2 screw driver, a suction cup, and a magnetic parts tray is all you need to replace an iPhone battery. Anyone with a brain could do it in 15min max. 

Speaking of Note 4s and Batteries, @spartaman64, you know of any good units I can buy?

A P2 screw driver, a suction cup, and a magnetic parts tray is all you need to replace an iPhone battery. Anyone with a brain could do it in 15min max. 

Here's what you need to do a Note 4.

Pull off back cover with fingernail, starting at the notch. Pull out old battery, put in new battery. Replace cover.

Anything more than that is not easy.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

also considering the apple store charged me 70 dollars for them to stick a screw driver into my imac power button and wiggle it around i doubt its a 30 dollar battery replacement 

fullsizeoutput_1163.thumb.jpeg.09534e953e87eebbdd1b983d6bedb6bc.jpeg

$29

7 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Speaking of Note 4s and Batteries, @spartaman64, you know of any good units I can buy?

Here's what you need to do a Note 4.

Pull off back cover with fingernail, starting at the notch. Pull out old battery, put in new battery. Replace cover.

Anything more than that is not easy.

are you looking for a regular sized battery? theres samsung oem ones and anker ones. i have a tqthl extended battery which makes the phone thicker but it can last me two days

9 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

fullsizeoutput_1163.thumb.jpeg.09534e953e87eebbdd1b983d6bedb6bc.jpeg$29

thats only because of lawsuits. you cant rely on that every generation

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/12/28/french-lawsuit-filed-against-apple-for-slowing-down-iphones-could-come-with-jail-time/?utm_term=.10a69a1985c1

and why the hell is there a risk of a loss of data wtf

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

theres samsung oem ones

No one (that's legitimate) sells those anymore. And reviews of most 3rd party ones on market go one way: phone killed after battery swap.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

No one (that's legitimate) sells those anymore. And reviews of most 3rd party ones on market go one way: phone killed after battery swap.

yep you have to be careful but i trust the anker brand

3 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

Apple implemented this battery replacement program for all iPhones newer than the 5s before these lawsuites closed in. It’s been around for a year and a program like this will come around again when iPhone X style iPhones start needing battery replacements. 

Apple implemented this battery replacement program for all iPhones newer than the 5s before these lawsuites closed in

No, they didn't.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.