Tech Enthusiast
7 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

Where are you importing steel from?

we actually didnt really import steel, just random occasions

the tariff allowed for american prices to rise because of it also

use to pay around 35 cents a lb

now closer to 50 cents a lb

52 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Many companies were importing steel from China because it was quite a bit cheaper. Now with the tariffs it isn't worth it and as a result anyone who uses steel in their products and had been importing from China just had their costs go up significantly. This affects a large number of companies in the US and it's ironic because it's hurting alot of US businesses when it was supposed to help. 

exactly, we are currently trying to redesign some products and doing some things different also

11 hours ago, mr moose said:

Bloody hell, at the end of the day it doesn't really matter what the alleged margins are. Unless they get audited, or you are willing to work your way through their financial statements and glue all the information together, you are not going to know if they are artificially making the margins high for themselves and low for AIB or if it's just par for the course given the current market conditions.

well it matters in the context that the Tech Jesus told it to us. If anyone believes Asus will be doing about 28$ on a 1000$ video card some brains must be checked for serious damages. If it is 8$ on a 300$ card please seek a hospital asap.

3 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

This affects a large number of companies in the US and it's ironic because it's hurting alot of US businesses when it was supposed to help. 

To be honest here:

It is not ironic at all. It is the expected outcome. Nothing else could or will happen.

If you put a tax on imports, to force buying in your own country,... stuff does not get cheaper. It just comes from a different source. 

But it is still more expensive by up to the full Tax %.

Nothing magic about it, nothing ironic. Just the expected outcome.

37 minutes ago, Tech Enthusiast said:

To be honest here:

It is not ironic at all. It is the expected outcome. Nothing else could or will happen.

If you put a tax on imports, to force buying in your own country,... stuff does not get cheaper. It just comes from a different source. 

But it is still more expensive by up to the full Tax %.

Nothing magic about it, nothing ironic. Just the expected outcome.

I was saying it's ironic that they put tariffs in place to help the businesses yet the exact opposite happened. It was pretty clear that this would happen but what can you do. 

On 9/5/2018 at 9:20 AM, DrMacintosh said:

I mean, if you’re in the market right now, it’s actually a true statement. 

Not true. Likely. 

6 hours ago, asus killer said:

well it matters in the context that the Tech Jesus told it to us. If anyone believes Asus will be doing about 28$ on a 1000$ video card some brains must be checked for serious damages. If it is 8$ on a 300$ card please seek a hospital asap.

Again, you are invested to the point of telling people if they believe this they are mental or need help,  what if the margins are that tight for AIB partners?  Are you going to seek a hospital out?  Lucky for you we will never know.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I was saying it's ironic that they put tariffs in place to help the businesses yet the exact opposite happened. It was pretty clear that this would happen but what can you do. 

the tariffs thing got a bit out of hand, it should have ended with steel, and maybe some china only tariffs (small) as it makes sense that a country like the Us needs to have its own steel production, and china doesn't play fair at all (could go all day talking about their shit), but now they are distributing tariffs like its Christmas.

anyway even if it was working (no clue if it is we will have to wait and see if local production increases) it would always create a short term price spike, 

I have a feeling it was done not for the economy but for specific industries.  I refuse to accept that any government would willingly introduce tax/tariff policy that would cause the whole economy to decline (which is what this tariff will do as it has in the past) unless it specifically helps an industry of their choosing.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

16 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I have a feeling it was done not for the economy but for specific industries.  I refuse to accept that any government would willingly introduce tax/tariff policy that would cause the whole economy to decline (which is what this tariff will do as it has in the past) unless it specifically helps an industry of their choosing.  

Oh it helped the steel industry but it hurt the rest of the industry way more. Because alot more companies use steel than companies that make it. 

i think nvidia is really trying to kill AIB partners here and take all the profits for themselves. theres no way to make 3% margin sustainable. they have distribution costs, RND costs on custom pcbs and coolers etc etc

5 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

i think nvidia is really trying to kill AIB partners here and take all the profits for themselves. theres no way to make 3% margin sustainable. they have distribution costs, RND costs on custom pcbs and coolers etc etc

Could you elaborate on why NVidia would do this and more important: Why you think they are doing it like this?

You know, it is their GPUs. They could just not send any to AIBs if they wanted to "kill them".

Why would they do something like this over just saying: "Hey guys, new GPUs. But the catch is: FE only!".

Also just want to remind everyone that these gpus are the largest ever made. And they are being made on a cutting edge process. The silicon dies alone have to be ludicrously expensive compared to past generations.

That said, this doesn't mean nvidia is taking such small cuts.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS