Please explain what pc term

Could Co explain in a video, the terms that are used with pc. As an example the ghz, and what to get for each use. Could you just explain the terms as if someone that new nothing about pc is starting to get into pc. Explain what each part means and does and the terms with it like GHz and more, also explain why one is better for gaming or other uses. 

....just watch Techquickie videos. Linus and the others explain a lot of terms there.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

and get a PC builders start guide book. there are a ton out there that will explain the parts in-depth and get into the more technical details.

if at first you don't break it you must have followed the directions

55 minutes ago, SnifflingRock said:

Could Co explain in a video, the terms that are used with pc. As an example the ghz, and what to get for each use. Could you just explain the terms as if someone that new nothing about pc is starting to get into pc. Explain what each part means and does and the terms with it like GHz and more, also explain why one is better for gaming or other uses. 

I'd sum them all up for you, but there are so much terms that all of them would take forever.

Here are a few with links & basic terms to explain it somewhat

GHz = A frequency, used to define a CPU's speed; however more GHz doesn't always = more power.

Also used to define WiFi frequency's, 2.4 being default and 5.0 being AC.

MHz = Same as GHz but smaller metric, meaning 2.8Ghz =  2800MHz

Often found on memory

CPU = Often compared to the hearth of your PC, this chip processes most tasks and in a lot of cases graphics.

In normal laptops & PC's we currently have Intel & AMD CPU's, however soon there might be Snapdragon low-power systems available.

GPU = When we talk about GPU we more often then not mean a dedicated GPU outside the CPU's package.

Gaming is one of the tasks hugely benefited from one, NVIDIA & AMD are the current competitors.

Okay so I could go on forever, but I'd really advice watching the videos and even going through TQ's older stuff like @KingBlue72 mentioned.

Hopefully this helps somewhat!

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Do your own research, you won't learn anything useful by reading the summarized definition of buzz words.

On 9/3/2018 at 9:43 AM, Sfekke said:

GHz = A frequency, used to define a CPU's speed; however more GHz doesn't always = more power.

See, here's the thing - Hz is a measure of frequency, as you said, and it applies to dozens of things with completely different purposes. It's also not really the CPU's "speed", it just tells you how often the CPU goes through a full cycle. Trying to summarize this sort of thing leads to either misinformation or misunderstandings.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

This is a VERY LAZY QUESTION.

The information is out there all you had to do is to search it. 

Always use Search Engine first and if you can't find what you are looking for then you could ask here.

Behold the power of Chuck Norris the forbidden one.

On 9/3/2018 at 2:41 AM, SnifflingRock said:

Tech quickie should help you out but also your question is really vague.  You'll have to hone your question in a bit more to get meaningful info, like there isn't a dictionary of terms we can summon for you without information overload.

The best generic shopping advice I can give though is look up benchmarks for stuff.  Picking a processor?  Look up benchmarks.  Video Card?  Look up benchmarks.  etc. etc.  The videos in Techquickie say it too iirc.

If you want to put almost no thinking into it and just put the parts together, PCPartpicker.com has build guides for you that are usually really good and budget gaming oriented.

2 hours ago, Sauron said:

Do your own research, you won't learn anything useful by reading the summarized definition of buzz words.

See, here's the thing - Hz is a measure of frequency, as you said, and it applies to dozens of things with completely different purposes. It's also not really the CPU's "speed", it just tells you how often the CPU goes through a full cycle. Trying to summarize this sort of thing leads to either misinformation or misunderstandings.

Agreed, I know it isn't the best way to explain it to him; honesty what I typed was just written in a whim.

But typing all of it out isn't possible, OP really just has to do what others already said "Do research" if you are interested in this topic that'd be the number one way to learn.

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

On 3.9.2018 at 10:43 AM, Sfekke said:

MHz = Same as GHz but smaller metric, meaning 2.8Ghz =  2800MHz

Often found on memory

Continuing additions. G refers to Giga or 1 billion. M is for Mega or 1 million. k for kilo or 1 thousand. There's also T for Tera or 1 thousand billion. These are most often used in everything else but things measured in inches. So screen/monitor size and optical drive bays are only ones where imperial units are used. Everything else in PCs uses metric system.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

GHz abbreviates for gigahertz. Giga is the metric perfix for one billion or 10 to the 9th power. 

Hertz is the derived standard unit of measurement of cycle per second. Underived form is cycle per second thus inversely related and reciporcol of seconds per cycle aka period. 

By that definition, 1 gigahertz means that the cpu can complete 1 billion cycles per second or turns itself on or off one billion times each second. Think of your light bulbs. If you can switch off and one your lights 60 times in one minute, you have an excat frequency of 1 hertz. Micro slicon chips do it much more often. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Start here and just keep clicking on links until you become a master. Also Techquickie

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018