The NSA's trying to build a quantum computer than can crack any encryption

Jeroen1322

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

The NSA can go suck a fat one. I am done with my country.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I am getting NSA paranoid !!!!

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

So, the movie industry is trying to control the net, the NSA is trying to control the net, the end user has to pay for it and gets nothing but controlled.  Sounds like the land of the free to  me. :rolleyes:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The NSA's new mission statement should be changed to: Hacking into security, one computer at a time.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Quantum computer?

NSA's so low.I thought they would come up with something way better!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

The program's named "Penetrating Hard Targets".

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!

The Washington Post just published details of the program, codenamed "Penetrating Hard Targets"

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

To expect anything else than that would be absolutely ridiculous. Come on guys, everyone else is doing it too, the only reason you're seeing this posted as news is because NSA has been under so much flak lately. What the hell do you think every other country's intelligence agencies are doing? Sitting on their flat asses doing nothing?

there is nothing to say to that so FUCK IT

Manners Maketh Man

To expect anything else than that would be absolutely ridiculous. Come on guys, everyone else is doing it too, the only reason you're seeing this posted as news is because NSA has been under so much flak lately. What the hell do you think every other country's intelligence agencies are doing? Sitting on their flat asses doing nothing?

governments spying on governments and military is one thing, and I fully endorse that. But to be able to spy on private citizens that are not suspect or linked to anything illegal is going a bit far.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

....we're getting mad at an intelligence agency for....cracking codes?  :wacko:

I hate what the NSA's been doing as much as anyone else, but I cannot see how this story is bad. If anything it's a good push for quantum computing. 

governments spying on governments and military is one thing, and I fully endorse that. But to be able to spy on private citizens that are not suspect or linked to anything illegal is going a bit far.

Are you seriously saying that you think the US government is going to spend $80 million dollars to try and break the encryption of your harddrive? Oh wait, that's right, 99% of normal consumers doesn't even know what encryption is, and they sure as hell are not encrypting their data.

Are you seriously saying that you think the US government is going to spend $80 million dollars to try and break the encryption of your harddrive? Oh wait, that's right, 99% of normal consumers doesn't even know what encryption is, and they sure as hell are not encrypting their data.

Have not all the latest news articles been pointing to them collecting data on their own civilians, storing information from everyday people (like phone records) now they want to build a computer with the specific task of hacking encrypted information.  I did not say they wanted to hack my hard drive, but what's to say they won't use it to get into emails, phone records, bank details etc? Nothing, but that's the way the wind is blowing.

Have not all the latest news articles been pointing to them collecting data on their own civilians, storing information from everyday people (like phone records) now they want to build a computer with the specific task of hacking encrypted information.  I did not say they wanted to hack my hard drive, but what's to say they won't use it to get into emails, phone records, bank details etc? Nothing, but that's the way the wind is blowing.

Governments have been building machines and hiring mathematicians to break encryption for a looooooong time...

Governments have been building machines and hiring mathematicians to break encryption for a looooooong time...

yes,  and with the introduction of quantum computing heuristic scanning of encrypted information becomes so much easier that they can turn their attention to the common citizens. and for them given that this is the way they seem to want to head, they can look a more than just phone records, they can search emails, bank details, forum pm's, game server information. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/nsa-seeks-to-build-quantum-computer-that-could-crack-most-types-of-encryption/2014/01/02/8fff297e-7195-11e3-8def-a33011492df2_story.html?tid=sm_fb

This just in, in more NSA news this week.

According to documents provided by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden, the effort to build “a cryptologically useful quantum computer” — a machine exponentially faster than classical computers — is part of a $79.7 million research program titled, “Penetrating Hard Targets.” Much of the work is hosted under classified contracts at a laboratory in College Park.

I'm not even sure what to say about this other than the usual "The NSA is bad and they shouldn't be doing this." thing. I'm more disappointed and angry than anything.

COMIC SANS

Surprise surprise...

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Anyone read Digital Fortress by Dan Brown?

It's exactly the same. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

:o You beat @TopWargamer that should be an achievement. haha ^_^

Where is my emblem? :D