What Are The Worst Airflow Cases?

jiyeon

Hi, so I've been looking at cases recently and it's nearly unanimous that NZXT cases are the worst for case airflow because of their clean yet closed-off wall of a front panel, even on the newer models such as the H500 and H700.

What are the worst cases to choose for airflow?

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

Short answer, anything that does not have a dust filter, and/or a proper intake for the frontal fans. Like this case. 71FukS97ZvL._SL1500_.jpg71-unWEnkZL._SL1500_.jpg

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

The NZXT Phantoms were alright, I think?

The BitFenix Enso, Pure/Silent Base 600, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv and P300/400 come to mind as cases with poor airflow. 

:)

Image result for cardboard box

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

10 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Short answer, anything that does not have a dust filter, and/or a proper intake for the frontal fans. Like this case. 

Glass fronts are so redundant.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

5 minutes ago, seoz said:

The only correct answer.

The h500p, the first iteration, definitely yes. The h500 and h500m variants get mesh, thankfully.

18 minutes ago, seon123 said:

The NZXT Phantoms were alright, I think?

The Phantom had great airflow. 

The worst I've come across is probably the Phanteks Evolv.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

16 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The Phantom had great airflow. 

The worst I've come across is probably the Phanteks Evolv.

I can think of a few with worse sadly. 

There are some cases that "terrible, god awful airflow, but they actually still have airflow" like EVGA's 7 series of cases and the infamous Evolv, but they still have *some* level of airfloe.... The below cases are the absolute worst, in some case literally ZERO airflow in the literal definition...

In win 805. Just look at that lack of any intake whatsoever! Probably the worst offender, as at least the rest of the cases actually have a gap that companies can market airflow for, however poor.

Image result for in win 805Image result for in win 805

Bitfenix Enso, Portal

Spoiler

Image result for bitfenix enso

5062864fd0b884139343be17083eeb6b.1600.jpg

A variety of the masterbox series cases that dont have a mesh front (Pro 5 RGB, Lite, MB600L, etc. I could put so many cases in here, mostly their newer budget lineup. Seriously how hard is it to put in some goddamn vents in these cases?)

Spoiler

41Foz%2B%2BKvmL.jpg41H9clzNwoL.jpg17fa8a2537f9c8b4daed00429246ba26.1600.jpg

They do make good budget airflow cases like the MB511 i just discovered

11-119-346-V12.jpg

Not all old cases were great either

Antec P9

Spoiler

11-129-233-11.jpg

DIYPC DIY-Model X-W-RGB. Sometimes they make good cheap cases. This is not one of them

Spoiler

11-353-145-Z01.jpg

FSP CMT520. My friend tried to buy this. This is a garbage case, especially at $100

Spoiler

51iq2KFepkL.jpg

I could go on, but I need to go be productive :P 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25