New Huawei OTA will make phones with Magisk (root) not boot, even the ones that are already rooted

Bouzoo
22 minutes ago, TopHatProductions115 said:

I think I may just sell my Nexus 6P...

The company of Nokia embrasses you with their sturdy arms and well supportet mind

Huawei: How many layers of Knox are you on?

Samsung: Like maybe 5 or 6 right now, my dude

Huawei: YOU’RE LIKE A LITTLE BABY. WATCH THIS!

*bricks rooted phones*

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

On 8/28/2018 at 9:28 AM, jagdtigger said:

It's a gray area. Technically it's not the root itself, but the process in doing so counts as "unauthorized software". At least, so I have been told.

1 minute ago, jsjones008 said:

It's a gray area. Technically it's not the root itself, but the process in doing so counts as "unauthorized software". At least, so I have been told.

Its not a grey area, they either prove that the root caused it or they most fix/replace the device.

This wouldn't have been an issue if EMUI wasn't a clusterfuck of a skin.

The only way of getting (budget and mid range) Huawei phones usable for heavier tasks is to root them and put a custom ROM, however in order to get them rooted you needed a bootloader unlock code which they don't provide anymore, and now this.

My Honor 7 Lite is probably the last Huawei I want to own, which is sad considering how good the camera is. The software is so terrible it makes my phone hang even when I open Instagram. I did do a reset multiple times.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

13 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Its not a grey area, they either prove that the root caused it or they most fix/replace the device.

I can tell you with 100% certainty they deny warranty repair claims to anyone who has a rooted device. I work for a place that does Samsung warranty repairs.

And that's most likely exactly how they get away with it. They can't prove that the root did cause any issues, but the consumer also cannot prove it didn't.

23 minutes ago, jsjones008 said:

I can tell you with 100% certainty they deny warranty repair claims to anyone who has a rooted device. I work for a place that does Samsung warranty repairs.

And that's most likely exactly how they get away with it. They can't prove that the root did cause any issues, but the consumer also cannot prove it didn't.

The problem is the burden of proving it was caused by software is on the manufacturer.... 9_9 Its like in case of PC, they cant deny warranty just because you wiped windows and put linux on it.