What is the meaning of life?

TacoSenpai

I mean why are we here? 

I mean sure we know how we got here but not why.

Some tell us that the most important days in our lives are when we are born and the day we find out why.

But that implies that we only find out why at the end of our days and we go through life not knowing our purpose simply existing.

We exist in space and time simultaneously yet for us one of those being time is finite.

We have a finite time to exist and an even more finite amount of time to find out why we are here.

31 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

I mean why are we here? 

Some tell us that the most important days in our lives are when we are born and the day we find out why.

But that implies that we only find out why at the end of our days and we go through life not knowing our purpose simply existing.

We exist in space and time simultaneously yet for us one of those being time is finite.

We have a finite time to exist and an even more finite amount of time to find out why we are here.

First you learn to read. 
Then you read to learn. 

Then you learn to achieve

You then achieve to learn 

And only then will you learn your purpose. 

-Albert Einstein 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

2 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

First you learn to read. 
Then you read to learn. 

Then you learn to achieve

You then achieve to lean 

And only then will you learn your purpose. 

-Albert Einstein 

You know what?  I'm actually going to save that quote.

To be serious its kinda amazing that someone as smart as Einstein even pondered a vague seemingly dubious question.

1 minute ago, LordOTaco said:

You know what?  I'm actually going to save that quote.

To be serious its kinda amazing that someone as smart as Einstein even pondered a vague seemingly useless question.

I made that up. 

I don't know if you did know and were playing along or assumed it was a real quote. We're in too deep now. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Just now, Syntaxvgm said:

I made that up. 

I don't know if you did know and were playing along or assumed it was a real quote. We're in too deep now. 

Ah you mean memeception where you cease to realize what is real and what is a meme.  We are indeed in deep.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

The meaning of life is traps, VHS tapes and Team Fortress 2.

At least to me, anyway.

Tuck and roll with it 

muh specs 

All parts black

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

yeah tucking is an essential part of being a trap I can tell you that much

Tuct Tape 

muh specs 

All parts black

Just now, seoz said:

Man, off-topic posts have been hitting real deep lately, haven't they?

yah this is satire thread #2 on the topic. 

muh specs 

All parts black

2 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

Thats what happens when you are in the GPU dark ages we philosophize.

The thing I really like about Planes is that we learn that WWII happened in the Cars universe. Which means there was a Cars Hitler, a Cars holocaust, a Cars Pacific War, a Cars D-Day, a Cars nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, a Cars Rape of Nanking, a Cars Battle of Iwo Jima...

This leads to so many important questions, like: were the Cars Little Boy and Fat Man nukes sentient? Was it a suicide mission? Are ALL Cars nuclear weapons sentient? Did Tsar Bomba have a personality?

What kind of car was Car Hitler? A VW? A forklift?

Was there a Cars 9/11? Were the planes hijacked, or were the planes themselves radicalized?

I could go on

A Cars 9/11 gives a whole new layer of meaning to the phrase "let's roll"

muh specs 

All parts black

Fuck.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

18 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

The thing I really like about Planes is that we learn that WWII happened in the Cars universe. Which means there was a Cars Hitler, a Cars holocaust, a Cars Pacific War, a Cars D-Day, a Cars nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, a Cars Rape of Nanking, a Cars Battle of Iwo Jima...

This leads to so many important questions, like: were the Cars Little Boy and Fat Man nukes sentient? Was it a suicide mission? Are ALL Cars nuclear weapons sentient? Did Tsar Bomba have a personality?

What kind of car was Car Hitler? A VW? A forklift?

Was there a Cars 9/11? Were the planes hijacked, or were the planes themselves radicalized?

I could go on

A Cars 9/11 gives a whole new layer of meaning to the phrase "let's roll"

Car Jesus?  Car Roman Empire?  Car Gladiators?  How deep does this go?

Flip the coin over on this question. Why shouldn't we be here?

8 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

Car Jesus?  Car Roman Empire?  Car Gladiators?  How deep does this go?

Image result for pixar cars guts

muh specs 

All parts black

4 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Flip the coin over on this question. Why shouldn't we be here?

Perhaps we find all the reasons we shouldn't be here and finally find the one reason we should and solve this once and for all.

Like Edison said "I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"

We are on the precipice of a breakthrough here.

3 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

Perhaps we find all the reasons we shouldn't be here and finally find the one reason we should and solve this once and for all.

Like Edison said "I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"

We are on the precipice of a breakthrough here.

Iet's be real. It's probably just aliens. 

2 hours ago, LordOTaco said:

I mean why are we here? 

You too??? 

WTF? 

Sudo make me a sandwich