Your most hated meme/ term/ phrase in tech?

When people call a monitor a computer and the actual computer a CPU, also when someone says a "Mac" is better than a "PC" because they are both Personal Computers.
I would like you to take a look at this.

Oh god there's so many things I can complain about uneducated people using computers.

When people use caps lock for a single upper case later.

When people go to Google and type in a URL.

When people judge the performance of a computer by how much RAM it as.

When people call and say our website is broken because they don't have flash player.

When people call a computer a hard drive.

When people freak out just because I slam poo on my screen.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

When people call a monitor a computer and the actual computer a CPU, also when someone says a "Mac" is better than a "PC" because they are both Personal Computers.
Ok I'll change it.

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

THIS FONT!

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

THIS FONT!
Argg! comic sans doesn't work ;( fail

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Oh god there's so many things I can complain about uneducated people using computers.

When people call and say our website is broken because they don't have flash player.

What's that last one about?

When Graphics Cards performance is measured in Memory amount ! I hate it so much that I'm ready to kick them in their butt when they say that.

Few weeks ago a guy was asking me about my Graphics Card (I have a 7870).

How much memory it got? I was like 2Gb and hes like yeah mine is 2Gb too.. and he has a freakin 7750... facepalm !!!

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

I totally agree with you on the RAM one. "But my computer has 6gb of Ram"

When Graphics Cards performance is measured in Memory amount ! I hate it so much that I'm ready to kick them in their butt when they say that.

Few weeks ago a guy was asking me about my Graphics Card (I have a 7870).

How much memory it got? I was like 2Gb and hes like yeah mine is 2Gb too.. and he has a freakin 7750... facepalm !!!

You know, its not his fault imo, I blame Nvidia and AMD for that 1 tbh. They Market the hell outta memory and all that jazz and never mention 1 bit about what really divides graphics cards apart.

A guy at my school talks about how he knows a ton about "microchips" (a brand) and always tries to help people with their problems on the computer. Usually it's a very simple issue, and he usually tells the person some random response like "You need to defrag your hard drive" or "You need a new CPU". When I overhear him "helping" someone, I usually just sit back and watch :P.
Oh god you can't beat the guy at my school, he claims to own a indi game company, walks around school in formal uniform pretending that he is talking to his business partners, also claims he had an individual role in the design of the nvidia gaming controller.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrLucas265

see for yourself

"Cool story bro" so dissrespectful it drive me crazy IDK why and comic sans

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

A guy at my school talks about how he knows a ton about "microchips" (a brand) and always tries to help people with their problems on the computer. Usually it's a very simple issue, and he usually tells the person some random response like "You need to defrag your hard drive" or "You need a new CPU". When I overhear him "helping" someone, I usually just sit back and watch :P.
At least he knows how to program :P

not tech related but when people call soda pop its made of SODA water not POP water SODA water

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

"Cool story bro" so dissrespectful it drive me crazy IDK why and comic sans
It is disrespectful, no doubt about it. I hate it just as much as you do.

What "Gasho" said. It gets annoying when people think that GPU performance is measured by the amount of VRAM. Like one day, my friend said that his 2GB 660 is the same as my 2GB 680 because we have the same amount of VRAM.

I don't know, but i don't like it when people call the graphics card the "GFX card" and when people measure the performance of their CPU because it is a i7, i5 or i3 (Saying that their i7 first generation is the same as the i7 third generation.)

I actually hate it when people market a "GAMING COMPUTER for $90" when it has a 1.6ghz p4 and on-board graphics.
I despise everything here named "ULTIMATE GAMER BLABLA" and most of times its a pentium 4.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Oh god there's so many things I can complain about uneducated people using computers. When people use caps lock for a single upper case later. When people go to Google and type in a URL. When people judge the performance of a computer by how much RAM it as. When people call and say our website is broken because they don't have flash player. When people call a computer a hard drive. When people freak out just because I slam poo on my screen.

1) My ex used to push the caps lock button for capitals it really used to get on my nerves, I hated watching her type xD (No it's not the reason we're not together funny if it was though)

2) I've never known someone to go to google and do that.

3) Yeah that whole RAM thing gets annoying, I have loads of RAM why is my computer slow >.<

4) Flash player should sort it's self out, always crashing with FireFox they need to get together and fix it!

5) Never heard of that one either

6) :O! PEOPLE DO THAT TO ME TOO! *Rolls Eyes*

I'll add one

When people are fan boys of Nvidia or AMD and even if their product is worse they'll tell people to get it because they have it and it's great and then you find out that they are running flash games or WoW. I'll expand to on it too, when people blindly tell you get a new graphics card that you've already stated is out of your budget or just jump in mid thread without reading the comments and say hey get a 7770 (Just an example) when someone has stated they want a Nvidia card...

Companies that sell custom computers (there's loads on eBay)and say,"2GB of graphics memory, great for all games". Yes it has 2GB but it's a HD 5450 and is worth £20!

People who think they're tech savvy because they buy everything new straight away even if it's overpriced/pointless.

Just in general people who think they're tech savvy and they're not. For example, my uncle uses Linux because he read about it and when I build my PC he said I should use Linux instead of Windows so that I can get Firefox! Idiot.

The last 2 were really just my uncle, he always tries to outsmart me when I explain tech things and he just makes a fool of himself.

"An Excellent Signature"

When people say I have X gigs of memory, it's gigabyte not gigs...
I just hate the word gigs :(

What "Gasho" said. It gets annoying when people think that GPU performance is measured by the amount of VRAM. Like one day, my friend said that his 2GB 660 is the same as my 2GB 680 because we have the same amount of VRAM.

I don't know, but i don't like it when people call the graphics card the "GFX card" and when people measure the performance of their CPU because it is a i7, i5 or i3 (Saying that their i7 first generation is the same as the i7 third generation.)

I agree with the part about the Intel CPUs. I'm not sure whether its because people are ignorant, or Intel has marketed the branding of their CPUs very well. I guess to the average Joe, it's sufficient enough.

Pretty much all memes and le epik awesomeness amirite XD

Also I don't like the way QUALITY is spewed over everything, especially with an American English pronounciation

''This is sum real QUALITY stuff cuz it has teh over9000 mosfets rite?''