Your most hated meme/ term/ phrase in tech?

It annoys me when people say 'SSD Drives'. They're basically saying 'Solid State Drive Drive'
Though not tech related, here in Texas. We used to have to take "TAKS" test or 'Texas assessment of Knowledge and skills test". So 'today calls were going to be taking the TAKS test' - 'were going to be taking . . . . . . .". Along with the SAT, PSAT, etc.

Something that used to annoy me but now is a fun game is going into a electronics store, generally a big one with non tech savvy staff, and asking them in depth questions about the computers and have them usually outright lie or go and get someone "who knows more" to come and outright lie hahaha. Though about 5% of the time you'll get someone who actually knows what they are talking about which is nice. :) But the "phrase" I hate the most would be the staff telling people that they'll be able to surf the web and create documents so much faster with this new machine. :/

application or program is fine, but can't stand the term app
Same. I probably overuse the word program to stray away from my illogical dislike of "app".

I've trolled the entire class by not helping the teacher set up the projector, speakers etc because i rather just sit an laugh xD The teacher should know how to set up the equipment, it's literally 2 cables that need to be plugged in, in every room!

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Oh god there's so many things I can complain about uneducated people using computers. When people use caps lock for a single upper case later. When people go to Google and type in a URL. When people judge the performance of a computer by how much RAM it as. When people call and say our website is broken because they don't have flash player. When people call a computer a hard drive. When people freak out just because I slam poo on my screen.

1) My ex used to push the caps lock button for capitals it really used to get on my nerves, I hated watching her type xD (No it's not the reason we're not together funny if it was though)

2) I've never known someone to go to google and do that.

3) Yeah that whole RAM thing gets annoying, I have loads of RAM why is my computer slow >.<

4) Flash player should sort it's self out, always crashing with FireFox they need to get together and fix it!

5) Never heard of that one either

6) :O! PEOPLE DO THAT TO ME TOO! *Rolls Eyes*

I'll add one

When people are fan boys of Nvidia or AMD and even if their product is worse they'll tell people to get it because they have it and it's great and then you find out that they are running flash games or WoW. I'll expand to on it too, when people blindly tell you get a new graphics card that you've already stated is out of your budget or just jump in mid thread without reading the comments and say hey get a 7770 (Just an example) when someone has stated they want a Nvidia card...

Fanboyism can become really tiresome at times.

I've trolled the entire class by not helping the teacher set up the projector, speakers etc because i rather just sit an laugh xD The teacher should know how to set up the equipment, it's literally 2 cables that need to be plugged in, in every room!
I'm with you there its funny for a while but gets really annoying after a while especially with the ones where they want you to help and then when you do they chuck a skitz at you for being smart at fixing it.

The teacher don't know i'm good with tech so they never ask but i never offer to help them when the class needs it. I just laugh ;)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

When parents threaten you with changing the wifi password like I cant just go on their computer to find it,

People who use text speak in real life, especially gg

Meme's

Parents who don't understand that I can upgrade they're computer for 1/2 the price of a new one

when my dad says "Do you want my old graphics card it has 512 rams"

and when my mum forgets to charge her iphone so the battery dies, and cause she has never turned it off/on since I set it up she thought it was broken

Damn, I use GG alot. Like when I was watching evil dead 2 days ago, when it went in her genitals I just shouted "GG son!".

"Never invest money you're not willing to lose." -ImplyingImplicati0ns

The term 'gaming RAM'.
Or gaming motherboard too

When people call a usb drive or flash drive a "pen drive"

Something that used to annoy me but now is a fun game is going into a electronics store, generally a big one with non tech savvy staff, and asking them in depth questions about the computers and have them usually outright lie or go and get someone "who knows more" to come and outright lie hahaha. Though about 5% of the time you'll get someone who actually knows what they are talking about which is nice. :) But the "phrase" I hate the most would be the staff telling people that they'll be able to surf the web and create documents so much faster with this new machine. :/
I've thought about going to my local Bestbuy and just ask the staff computer enthusiast level questions just to see how they respond.....but then I realize that I'll be a douche by messing with someone who makes 8-9 dollars per hour. Maybe I'll go try it out at Microcenter.

The most annoying thing for me is when you see pc world selling a pathetic celeron/pentium dual core laptop and advertising it based around its 2tb hdd. I mean, not many normal people are going to need 2tb and they don't even mention the CPU/ram specs sometimes

I agree with the whole pen drive thing also.

OnePlus 6T

The new way people use the term "viral"

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d  Motherboard:  Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite  RAM:  Vengeance 2 x 16GB DDR5 6000   GPU:  Zotac RTX 4090

Storage:  M.2 Samsung Evo 860 TB / Samsung Evo 840 500GB   Case:  be quiet Dark Base 900   PSU: Corsair SHIFT RM1000x  Display:  ASUS AW3423DW QD-OLED 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide w/ GSYNC

I think thats what its called in the UK...

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Alienware, 'nough said

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

Pen Drive,

Thumb Drive,

Memory Stick,

USB Stick,

Flash Drive,

is all the same, depends on region or who taught them the term.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Calling older computers ancient. Your IBM 5150 is only 30 years old, its not ancient.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

All the smart asses at my school who think they know everything yet they bought Alienware computers. People these days.......

When people say PCB Board. So it's a printed circuit board board? No. That's wrong. Also when people say how good their computer is based on the Hard Drive size.

All the smart asses at my school who think they know everything yet they bought Alienware computers. People these days.......
Love it, knowing they just paid for a overpriced dell... which is never a good thing

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme