Your most hated meme/ term/ phrase in tech?

I'm an extremely tolerant person' date=' so must of this stuff doesn't bother me to the point that i'm angry or anything, but anyone who says "text" or "internet" speech in real speech, sounds like an absolute dumbass. "Oh man he totally failed that test, geegee (gg)" "Gotta pee, beearebee (brb)" I assume this is most of the highschoolers these days :)[/quote']

In most cases, I agree. However, if the person used gaming abbreviations to rhyme, it can be funny. So your first scenario is lame, the second one is acceptable. Unless they like repeat it and it becomes a catchphrase. Then it's back down to lame again.

My English teacher uses Internet abbreviations in actual speech... I cry for my language every day.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

not tech related but when people call soda pop its made of SODA water not POP water SODA water
That's purely down to region, no right, no wrong.

PC: EVGA GTX680, i5 2500K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Gigabyte Z68-GA-UD3P, 120GB OCZ SSD, 2x1TB WD Greens, Corsair 600t, Corsair AX750, Corsair H100i, ASUS MX239H, Corsair K60 + M60. 

Reading through a couple of these I'd have to say general computer ignorance

That pretty much sums it up. I used do a lot of the things people have said. Than I actually started learning about computers and realize I was pretty stupid. But was also 10.

application or program is fine, but can't stand the term app
Google and Apple are coining the term app, which has been used since computer have been here. what really makes me laugh and piss's me off at the same time, These companies think the can patent the word and take people to court for using it lol , patent rows are just so stupid now ! gawd i hate apple & apple fans :( before it was just "I got an Apple, I'm in that special Apple club" and just want to punch the person in the face lol and then there the patent rows, which has put me off the Apple company all together :( gawd that a big gripe from me, just from the trigger word "APP" lol.

Gotta agree with you, FUTURE PROOF, is so not true, misleading. Actually I think it should be banned from all computer forum sites

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

In my hometown, "computer" includes the case, guts, monitor, keyboard and all the other stuff. But when they're referring to the case and its guts, they call it "CPU" which I get annoyed every time I hear it.
CPU is a bit dated for a tower or case ! Back then when the whole board was more or less the CPU, It made sense i guess

i hate when people say ''sata 3 6 gbps'' and ''sata 2 3 gbps'' its annoying to see why cant people just say sata 3 or sata 2
Because when you say SATA 3 some people mistake it for 3 gbps, I'm one of those people who use SATA 3 6gbps lol

I hate the term "cable management". Not sure why exactly. But I can't stand the phrase, still use it though :P
ever seen a server center with out cable management lol

What "Gasho" said. It gets annoying when people think that GPU performance is measured by the amount of VRAM. Like one day, my friend said that his 2GB 660 is the same as my 2GB 680 because we have the same amount of VRAM.

I don't know, but i don't like it when people call the graphics card the "GFX card" and when people measure the performance of their CPU because it is a i7, i5 or i3 (Saying that their i7 first generation is the same as the i7 third generation.)

the reason the VRAM problem exists, Is because of computer shops marketing and it works very well. some people walk out of those shops with graphic cards that are worse than their onboard graphics. and it's not their fault. they get conned into buying something unfit for what they want. sure many of us have been standing in a store while a store assistance gives advice to an computer ignorant customer, and your just burning up inside wanting to go , man your talking bullshit :( and give the customer the right advice lol Intel bad for this as well most of the laptops with Intel chips inside aren't worth buying, it usually celeron or what ever their budget chip is now ! AMD laptops with APU are better and priced about the same. I hate stores that give out miss information

Companies that sell custom computers (there's loads on eBay)and say,"2GB of graphics memory, great for all games". Yes it has 2GB but it's a HD 5450 and is worth £20!

People who think they're tech savvy because they buy everything new straight away even if it's overpriced/pointless.

Just in general people who think they're tech savvy and they're not. For example, my uncle uses Linux because he read about it and when I build my PC he said I should use Linux instead of Windows so that I can get Firefox! Idiot.

The last 2 were really just my uncle, he always tries to outsmart me when I explain tech things and he just makes a fool of himself.

The thing is, the companies make boards for this market, knowing the GPU will only use 512mb of ram, it's really sad !

When people like my boss call the CD drive a hard drive

When people at my work/school think you're computer savvy if you're good at Microsoft office

When people think they can get a really great gaming rig that will run Crysis on high for $500 or less

People who still use XP

And for a meme I really never liked the Y U NO guy, it was never funny and it's just stupid

Also this

"When people are fan boys of Nvidia or AMD and even if their product is worse they'll tell people to get it because they have it and it's great and then you find out that they are running flash games or WoW. I'll expand to on it too, when people blindly tell you get a new graphics card that you've already stated is out of your budget or just jump in mid thread without reading the comments and say hey get a 7770 (Just an example) when someone has stated they want a Nvidia card..."

And this

"Not tech related but when people call soda pop its made of SODA water not POP water SODA water"

My dads side of the family got so annoyed with me when I was living with them in Indiana, they couldn't stand it when I used the word soda instead of pop

And last but not least

"Not much of a saying, but it really grinds my gears when people claim on there resume that they're "good with computers" then they get in here and don't even know what Task Manager is"

The college I work at is advertised as an online college, you take your college courses online. However the physical college has nothing to do with the actual computer stuff and online courses, that is handled by a different school. What the physical college does handle are GED and ESL (English as a Second Language) classes so the people there are really not tech savvy at all. I was hired as a data entry clerk even though I went to an interview for the computer lab tech position, which I currently am now. Actually I'm both.

No one there really knows much about computers and of course I can't do much because they are slow to give permission for anything, I still don't have a key for any of the lockers or drawers in the computer lab and almost everything you need an admin password for on the computers, that means no installing new updates, anti-virus or flash. The anti-virus they use is MSE most of the time so it does a decent job but one of the computers does have a virus, a browser hijacker and for some reason the AV refuses to open so can't run a scan, can't install anything because it's password locked so the only thing that we can do is send in a support ticket which never gets looked at.

I had a nice quiet office for a while with a win7 desktop, they have since moved me to the computer lab which is full of old XP computers from 2008 or later, they crash, freeze and are super slow which makes my data entry now a chore until they get new computers which will probably take months, yet they continue to ask me since they moved me why I now work slower. Not to mention whoever programmed the website for the school that I have to do some data entry on, is absolutely terrible to work with and could be much more efficient.

Sorry that was more of a rant but I have a lot of pet peeves when it comes to technology and a huge one is my job, I won't quit though because the pay is decent and it's allowing me to build a $2k computer so that's at least something.

I still use XP on my laptop :) I love XP

When people say I have X gigs of memory, it's gigabyte not gigs...
In our "PC Shops" first thing they say when you ask them about their computer is "it has 4Giga of ram and 2.8Ghz no name cpu".

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

"Cool story bro" so dissrespectful it drive me crazy IDK why and comic sans
This sentence..... i hate it...

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

When Graphics Cards performance is measured in Memory amount ! I hate it so much that I'm ready to kick them in their butt when they say that.

Few weeks ago a guy was asking me about my Graphics Card (I have a 7870).

How much memory it got? I was like 2Gb and hes like yeah mine is 2Gb too.. and he has a freakin 7750... facepalm !!!

Budi sretan sto je uzeo noviju graficku :)

When people call a monitor a computer and the actual computer a CPU, also when someone says a "Mac" is better than a "PC" because they are both Personal Computers.
That picture of the Platteville Emergency Medical Service is quite interesting, I lived like 15 minutes away from Platteville Wisconsin most of my life and Belmont before I moved this past year.

Not really a phrase but when people click the scroll bar and drag it down really makes my skin itch
As WaspishVyper said, when you start working with a lot of code this is the best way to do it. :) You can of course click and drag the scrollbar but come on, who does that.

A guy at my school talks about how he knows a ton about "microchips" (a brand) and always tries to help people with their problems on the computer. Usually it's a very simple issue, and he usually tells the person some random response like "You need to defrag your hard drive" or "You need a new CPU". When I overhear him "helping" someone, I usually just sit back and watch :P.
You hit it dead center Danial! The most annoying thing in the tech world is definitely people who claim to be so much more than they are, your "friend" from school is a prime example!

People who don't know the difference between headphones, earbuds, and IEMs. And people who call the others by a different name (i.e. cheap earbuds =/= IEMs!!)

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

A guy at my school talks about how he knows a ton about "microchips" (a brand) and always tries to help people with their problems on the computer. Usually it's a very simple issue, and he usually tells the person some random response like "You need to defrag your hard drive" or "You need a new CPU". When I overhear him "helping" someone, I usually just sit back and watch :P.
Wow mate, some strange people at your school :D

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

It annoys me when people say 'SSD Drives'. They're basically saying 'Solid State Drive Drive'
My mates and I were talking about a similar thing a couple of weeks ago where people say ATM machine. Which is like saying automatic teller machine machine.