Your most hated meme/ term/ phrase in tech?

Add more ram to your 8 GBs or 16GBs of RAM to Increase performance.

For Browsing even 4 Gigs is enough, if not a bit more

This is true that after a certain point adding ram doesnt gain you performance and 8gb (dual channel) is right about that point. But thats more because your system could use more ram as im the page file is having to be used prior. After this point unless you have RAM heavy applications your not going to see a benefit.

But that doesnt mean you have seen my browser(s) :P

It has to be people who say "The Human Eye Cannot See more than 'X' Frames Per Second"

When I hear a presenter say that, or read it on a forum, I make a mental note to be wary of any new information posted/spoken by that person in future.

There's many for me but the most recent is 'Web Guru'. What the flying monkey is a Web Guru?!

4930k @ 4.5GHz - EVGA 780ti Superclocked ACX - ASUS x79 Deluxe - 32GB Tactical Tracer @ 2133

This is true that after a certain point adding ram doesnt gain you performance and 8gb (dual channel) is right about that point. But thats more because your system could use more ram as im the page file is having to be used prior. After this point unless you have RAM heavy applications your not going to see a benefit.

But that doesnt mean you have seen my browser(s) :P

EXACTLY. Having 8 Gigs of RAM and only using 2Gigs at the most. Upgrading won't help cuase you already have 6 Gigs of overhead free ram you don't use!

Agreed.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

It has to be people who say "The Human Eye Cannot See more than 'X' Frames Per Second"

When I hear a presenter say that, or read it on a forum, I make a mental note to be wary of any new information posted/spoken by that person in future.

It doesn't register frames but it does have its limits, though thats more your brain.

There's many for me but the most recent is 'Web Guru'. What the flying monkey is a Web Guru?!

You just said yourself, they are a guru of the web.

EXACTLY. Having 8 Gigs of RAM and only using 2Gigs at the most. Upgrading won't help cuase you already have 6 Gigs of overhead free ram you don't use!

Agreed.

Page File/Virtual Memory Must Die!     *gets out pitchfork and torch*

You just said yourself, they are a guru of the web.

Page File/Virtual Memory Must Die!     *gets out pitchfork and torch*

Computer process 120 (any amount depending on hardware)  = 60hz monitor displays 60fps

Eyes sees how many  = Brain sees how many

eyes is more like a monitor sience its where the signal starts in rod cells,

brain is what you see, or in this case see and feel in ways

Something like that who knows how many fps

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

-app

-"mac is a pile of scraps"

-"omegaaad I bought Alienware, therefore I'm a true ultimate gamer!!!"

-grumpy cats. Put a cat in a picture and type "NO" and everyone likes it is just fully dumb thing

Computer process 120 (any amount depending on hardware)  = 60hz monitor displays 60fps

Eyes sees how many  = Brain sees how many

eyes is more like a monitor sience its where the signal starts in rod cells,

brain is what you see, or in this case see and feel in ways

Something like that who knows how many fps

It very much has to do with what your brain does to and with what your seeing. 

Just a heads up you quoted the wrong post.

-app

-"mac is a pile of scraps"

-"omegaaad I bought Alienware, therefore I'm a true ultimate gamer!!!"

-grumpy cats. Put a cat in a picture and type "NO" and everyone likes it is just fully dumb thing

The thing about those grumpy cats is they may look grumpy but are they really? I mean ive had a grumpy cat or two and theyll let me know they were grumpy in a much different fashion...

When people keep posting about these $4,000 Computers they are gonna buy and 9 months later they still have nothing..But yet they are still posting about how sweet its gonna be..

When people keep posting about these $4,000 Computers they are gonna buy and 9 months later they still have nothing..But yet they are still posting about how sweet its gonna be..

Then you also have to question if they even have the money for a $1000 PC. Because id rather have one than none...

Then you also have to question if they even have the money for a $1000 PC. Because id rather have one than none...

Most of the guys end up getting a $600 dell after months of saying they would have 4 titans...Everyone wants a Ferrari but most people only get a Fierro.. :)

Most of the guys end up getting a $600 dell after months of saying they would have 4 titans...Everyone wants a Ferrari but most people only get a Fierro.. :)

what thats not a type or ferrari :(

When people talk about monitor size instead of resolution.

Example;

"Will a GTX 650 be enough for me to play games on my 50" TV?"

Me: What resolution is it?

"Why does that matter"

Me: ... ... *leaves*

But seriously, that really annoys me. Then the argous task of explaining why screen size doesn't matter in terms of powering it via a GPU, its all based on the resolution [amount of pixels].

I understand micro, but mobile is just what everybody says.

As fr me, it's just when people try to explain something they know nothing about. I often make guesses even when I don't understand, but I never say it is exactley like this without being certain.

Sarah Jessica Parker

When people call computers "CPUs"

Future-proof

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

It was Pontiac's version of a Ferrari...lol 

ROFL I know what it is, I know sarcasm doesnt translate very well via text over the internet but I thought that one would be obvious.

I don't know if this counts but when people call the whole PC the CPU.

i know what you mean man and dont forget the people who think the monitor is the PC. this was more back in the CRT days and may or may not have been caused by apple.

I understand micro, but mobile is just what everybody says.

As fr me, it's just when people try to explain something they know nothing about. I often make guesses even when I don't understand, but I never say it is exactley like this without being certain.

When you do that you should make sure to mention that thats what your doing otherwise it can bite you in the ass.

Probably whenever I'm on a certain imageboard, my girlfriend gets called a trap, it's not my fault half of the people on this certain image board are traps themselves, lol.

Why is your gf posting pictures of herself on an image board? I don't assume she's a slut or anything, though I don't think that there's anything wrong with women behaving that way, I just don't know why anyone would post pictures of themselves on an image board.

Why is your gf posting pictures of herself on an image board? I don't assume she's a slut or anything, though I don't think that there's anything wrong with women behaving that way, I just don't know why anyone would post pictures of themselves on an image board.

shes obviously trying to get comments from guys, maybe even pick another one up well shes at it...