Your most hated meme/ term/ phrase in tech?

All the "PC is dead" articles, because it isn't and because tablets, laptops and smartphones are PCs... including ones made by apple.

Also (not tech related) but I REALLY hate "that's what she said" jokes, because they got to the point where you can't use 3/4 of the adjectives in the English language on the internet before someone says that. What's worse is if you don't say it right after the adjective, someone else will, I guess the best way to go is to completely ignore it and hope it dies ASAP.

when I was showing my friend my future 7970 im getting for my new build and hes trying to ask about its performance and hes asking how many pixels it has. What does that even mean....  :mellow:

blind fanboys/fangirls..

Stranger: So you like AMDs?

Me: yeah

Stranger: AMD is worthless, Intel is waaaaaay better

Me: what makes you say that?

Stranger: Well it's Intel, so it has to be good.

blind fanboys/fangirls..

Stranger: So you like AMDs?

Me: yeah

Stranger: AMD is worthless, Intel is waaaaaay better

Me: what makes you say that?

Stranger: Well it's Intel, so it has to be good.

I like AMD as well

Retina display

Can't stand it

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

i hate when people say ''sata 3 6 gbps'' and ''sata 2 3 gbps'' its annoying to see why cant people just say sata 3 or sata 2

lol dafuq does sata mean hahahaah

BLAOW!!!!

When people call a usb drive or flash drive a "pen drive"

Don't forget thumb drive.

I knew a person at my school, who claimed he had the fastest computer because it had 4 FREAKING HARD DRIVES. Any one who thinks having more hard drives in the computer will make it faster shouldn't be allowed to own a computer.

Agree with gaming branded stuff, dunno why it just irritates me. Alienwares mere existence upsets me as well,  

"Yolo" and "Swag" and the combination of it "Yoloswag".

These words give me aids, herpes and aidsherpes respectively

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

"fanboy"

Apparently favouring a brand because of their good reputation, their superior products, their excellent customer service, their extended warranty, or any other legitimate reason, is absolutely wrong and makes you a "fanboy". I just don't get it.

Console players who think that you need to buy alienware to get into pc gaming. 

HEY i used to be that person :)

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

lol dafuq does sata mean hahahaah

Serial Advanced Technology Attachment

Serial ATA

#!

"fanboy"

Apparently favouring a brand because of their good reputation, their superior products, their excellent customer service, their extended warranty, or any other legitimate reason, is absolutely wrong and makes you a "fanboy". I just don't get it.

Everybody has his/her favorite brand and whatnot.

The concept of the fanboy is being mindlessly stubborn about a single brand regardless of the situation and if the choice / recommendation or statement is actually reasonable.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Everybody has his/her favorite brand and whatnot.

The concept of the fanboy is being mindlessly stubborn about a single brand regardless of the situation and if the choice / recommendation or statement is actually reasonable.

Unfortunately a lot of people seem to forget all of that as soon as they see someone recommend the same brand more than once. I mean, look at Linus' graphics card benchmarks. There were no opinions in those videos, just solid numbers, yet people didn't hesitate to start shouting "fanboy" in the comments, just because AMD got slightly better results.

I agree that liking a particular brand based on your own stubbornness to consider other options is ridiculous; that's fanboying. I guess what I really hate is the misuse of the term.

I knew a person at my school, who claimed he had the fastest computer because it had 4 FREAKING HARD DRIVES. Any one who thinks having more hard drives in the computer will make it faster shouldn't be allowed to own a computer.

i think we all know someone like that, this guy i go to school with raid0ed 4 WD 4tbs because he wanted it faster, and we all told him not to waste his money doing that and then he lost all the data of all 11tb's that he had on it 

Serial Advanced Technology Attachment

Serial ATA

OOOOO...K. lol

BLAOW!!!!

I do this because my mouse scroll wheel is starting to squeak and I have to replace it. Don't hate me :(

Use the page up and down buttons then.  :) I don't care if someone else does it. I just hate when someone does it when I am showing them something.  :angry:

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

I actually hate it when people market a "GAMING COMPUTER for $90" when it has a 1.6ghz p4 and on-board graphics.

Ha! They never said which games.  :)

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

People play games... in Intel Integrated Graphics Processor.. (i admit, i've done this before)

Lag

Blue Screens

Game suddenly crashes right in the middle of a good moment

Apple fags....

Fanboys...

School's computer room has "stone-age" tech

Game incompatibility

broken hardware...

I may go on... but that's an endless list.

These aren't phrases but this is turning into a what tech things annoy them.

1. When people type 'www.' into the url bar. (Just type in the actual address. You don't need to type 'www.'. It's even worse if they start typing 'http:..')

2. When people type something into a text box and then proceed to use the mouse to hit the search button!!!!! (Just press F**KING 'Return')

These things drive me up the wall!!!  :huh:  :o  :angry:

(Edit: apparently it's not turning into a what tech things annoy people. Only the first two pages were and I was too lazy to read the other 8 pages. :unsure: Sorry)