Your most hated meme/ term/ phrase in tech?

ROG

I really fucking hate ROG, how in the hell is your stupid piece of shit $400 MOTHERBOARD gaming oriented? 

This goes for you Gigabyte and MSI. 

Did you watch the last stream? JJ mentions why they are that price and how they release boards with most of the features on that for like $200-300 i.e. Maximus Hero or Gene. The extreme is overpriced because of how much it costs them to make it, well at least according to JJ.

(I didn't read through every post in the past 13 pages of this thread, so I apologize in advance if this has been said before)

I really hate that everyone describes their GPU with the phrase "it plays every game on max settings at 60 FPS".. The thing I hate the most about it is that people will say it for just about everything from a single 660 up to dual 780s.. There's a huge difference there, so people shouldn't use the same phrase to describe them both.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

(I didn't read through every post in the past 13 pages of this thread, so I apologize in advance if this has been said before)

I really hate that everyone describes their GPU with the phrase "it plays every game on max settings at 60 FPS".. The thing I hate the most about it is that people will say it for just about everything from a single 660 up to dual 780s.. There's a huge difference there, so people shouldn't use the same phrase to describe them both.

This so much. 

To build on this, when people say you don't need something like a 780 for 1080p gaming. Unless it keeps a constant 60+ fps there's still room for improvement. In my opinion fps dips are more annoying than a constant 30 fps.

Heres how I describe my 660

"it plays all games, some of them better than others"

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I have some

This guypost-31849-13758508417187_thumb.jpg

Kid I met

"Consoles have better graphics than PC"

Me - "They only have 720p"

"I went into my Xbox settings and changes my p to 1080, therefor better than PC"

My iPhone 4s that I am writing this on

"omg ur such a faggot you play cod" when I try and play some BO2 on my PC

"go back to console faggot 13 year olds shouldn't be on PC" after I RPG some kids heli in BF3, and a resluting conversation led to it.

Those who think that new consoles are better than PC.

When I try to find out how good a computer or computer part is yet they never tell you in the description because marketing guys are so stupid.

I hate it when people make "Dat moment......" posts on Facebook........ grinds my motherfugging gears.

I hate it when people change the spelling of "curse words" as if that suddenly changes the meaning.  -_-

Why is it that tech people feel inherently superior intellectually than other people just because they know more about their own hobby/profession than people for whom tech is not their hobby/profession?

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Why is it that tech people feel inherinetly superior interlectually than other people just becuase they know more about their own hobby/profession than pople for whom tech is not their hobby/profession?

you didn't preface that post with:   O almighty gods of the LTT forums, may I request of thee an answer for my question is as humble and simple as I?

SO you get no answer from me :P

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

you didn't preface that post with:   O almighty gods of the LTT forums, may request of thee an answer for my question is as humble and simple as I?

SO you get no answer from me :P

Because there are no gods to be found...

(bit of a humourless answer I know)

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

"I built my own PC" when your just meeting someone. 90%+ of the time the conversation and what I think of that person just goes down from there.

Why is it that tech people feel inherently superior intellectually than other people just because they know more about their own hobby/profession than people for whom tech is not their hobby/profession?
no clue man but I know what you mean in a way.

I really hate the meme, Keep Calm and... just grinds my gears!

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

RJ45.......

ITS NOT RJ45, ITS 8P8C!!!

Lolol I love this!

RJ45.......

ITS NOT RJ45, ITS 8P8C!!!

why do they call it RJ45 then?

EDIT: don't worry I looked it up myself. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Man, if I had a dollar for everyone who thinks that "Retina Display" is some voodoo magic that only Apple has. Most of the time, they don't even know what it actually is. If Apple marketed their products and said "It has banana vision" or something you would see people using that for their Mac vs PC argument.

Haha banana vision priceless.

A bit like some people, but when students at school says they're good with computers when the teachers says "You students are good with computers right" and their level is just above the teacher

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

When someone says they know how to hack me, I ask them what my IPv4 address is (that could be interpreted as a trick question) and he's like "uh, umm...." and then leaves.

While I don't consider myself a "hacker" (another term I don't like) at least I know the basics of IP.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

The one that really pisses me off is the "Macs don't get Viruses" statement or the one I get all the time from people that want me to build them computers " can you build me a gaming computer that can run everything on ultra for (insert absurdly low price of like $140) or else I will go to (insert major OEM here))

When people say I have X gigs of memory, it's gigabyte not gigs...

why it's jus short for gigabyte??

System Specs~~~~~

Case-Corsair Air 540                                   CPU-i7 4770k                           Ram-Corsair Vengeance 16 Gbs    PSU-Corsair RM1000

Motherboard-Asus Maximus VI Formula    Graphics-Asus Gtx 780 Ti x2     CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i               SSDs-Corsair Force GS 128/360 Gb       

It's not a meme but when people make up bs oh I can build a 700 dollar computer that can play crysis 3 max settings 1080p .........

System Specs~~~~~

Case-Corsair Air 540                                   CPU-i7 4770k                           Ram-Corsair Vengeance 16 Gbs    PSU-Corsair RM1000

Motherboard-Asus Maximus VI Formula    Graphics-Asus Gtx 780 Ti x2     CPU Cooler-Corsair H100i               SSDs-Corsair Force GS 128/360 Gb       

Add more ram to your 8 GBs or 16GBs of RAM to Increase performance.

For Browsing even 4 Gigs is enough, if not a bit more

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.