"Midori" -- Microsoft's Non-Windows Operating System

A while ago, there were some articles about Windows 9/10 being a cloud based operating system, resembling Google's Chrome OS. Well, now there is more news coming from Mary Jo Foley of CNET with details about the future of the operating system in this article.

The gist of the article is that Microsoft has been working on an operating system code-named "Midori", that utilizes the cloud instead of being based on previous versions of Windows, since 2008. It is being written in a new language, M#, which is an extension of the C# language.

I don't even care. Till they make a better version of what windows 7 is I'll stick with that.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate the term cloud and the people that use it :/ And things that operate in the "cloud"

I completely understand what you mean. But using something like "distributed computing" would confuse the mainstream public, which is the target of the marketing campaign.

Green in Japanese?

Wat.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Green in Japanese?

Wat.

I don't know what it is with Microsoft and colors. "Azure" is a play on blue in Spanish, with an "e" added at the end.

I fear that this is another project that will end up like Surface and Windows Phone. Microsoft once again tries to conquer markets that other companies already dominate, neither with innovation nor perfection.

144Hz goodness

I don't know what it is with Microsoft and colors. "Azure" is a play on blue in Spanish, with an "e" added at the end.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/azure

azure is the name of an actual color,not a play on the spanish word for a color.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Maybe they're doing colors of the Microsoft Logo?

maybe variations of Yellow and Red next?

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Sorry, mixing French and Spanish. French is "azur" and Spanish is "azure".

Isn't it "azul" for Spanish?

Isn't it "azul" for Spanish?

It is, but "azure" is baby/sky blue vs "azul" pure blue. I find it to be funny that this topic turned into a language lesson.

Gross

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

More NSA crap.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

i thought it was azul?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

meh, I'll stick to windows until Linux can replace it.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I don't even care. Till they make a better version of what windows 7 is I'll stick with that.

So by that you mean Windows 8.1

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Oh I get it.  Midori = My Door -y.

First it was Windows, now it's Doors.

Mmm watermelon liquer... wait

"if by "bass" you mean wet farts then yes, those are the razer crapkens"

It is, but "azure" is baby/sky blue vs "azul" pure blue. I find it to be funny that this topic turned into a language lesson.

I never heard  the word azure before in Spanish. I searched Azure in the Royal Spanish Academy and it doesn't exist, I think you might be confused with Azul, Azulado, Azular, Celeste or maybe Azufre(sulfur)

I haven't read the article completly yet, but distributed computing?  If it needs more internet bandwith I very much dislike it. First we need better internet then we can talk about distributed computing, even people with about 10 MB/s will feel the impact. Asside from that, even more languages? More fragmentation, please no.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates