Memory Type - GDDR5
Memory Clock - 2000 MHz
Core Clock - 1360 MHz
Total Memory Bandwidth - 256 GByte/s
Memory Bit Rate - 8.00 Gbps
OpenGL® API Version - 4.6
OpenCL™ API Version - 2.0

its a 64 bit windows 10 system

i think i got bottle neck because i am getting lots of fps drop even tho i got like 200 fps suddendly it drops to 150 and gives me a micro lag. 

and its in all games the only fix i found was in rainbow six siege when enabling v-sync 1 frame

that fixed it  but the others nothing...

can someone help me ?

my name is anthony btw

Edited by taliazure
missing info

• 1 month later...

Hey, i know this video hasnt been out since 2 years, but I was hoping to upgrade my GPU from a RX 570 to the RX 5700 or RX 5700, I currently have the ryzen 3 1200 as a cpu and was wondering if the upgrade will cause any bottleneck, I also have 16 GB of RAM. The computer is solely used for gaming. I have received feedback that I shouldn't upgrade the CPU as I will never use its full potential, however, I was wondering on your thoughts and telling me what limitations I might come across with this.

i need some opinions on upgrading paths.

current rig:

6700k with mild oc settings. 4.3-4.4ghz.

asus z170 pro gaming aura

gtx1070 ftw 

ddr4 16gb kit 4x4 3000mhz 

650w 80+Bronze

144hz 3440x1440 acer xv340ck monitor

context: upgraded the monitor to join the ultrawide life. some of the games ive played i usually run it 2560x1440p just for the 16:9 ratio like dota 2, csgo(these can run well over 144fps. but i would like to play single player story driven games in full res 3440x1440. Played ac odyssey barely getting 60 at medium settings(i know that it is a very demanding title), going forward probably going to play like cyberpunk 2077, ff7 remake pc release, etc. So im contemplating between just a 2080super or a combination a 1080ti with ryzen 3600/3700x(possibly streaming and VR).

side note: Ive been into VR a lot lately, beat saber, alyx, boneworks. probably going to stream them to friends in discord. if my assumption is correct RTX is not really a thing in VR so 1080ti n ryzen route would be the better choice right?

appreciate any thoughts on this

Edited by irfannystergates
missing information on pc specs

On 4/17/2020 at 12:36 PM, ktanthony123 said:

Hey, i know this video hasnt been out since 2 years, but I was hoping to upgrade my GPU from a RX 570 to the RX 5700 or RX 5700, I currently have the ryzen 3 1200 as a cpu and was wondering if the upgrade will cause any bottleneck, I also have 16 GB of RAM. The computer is solely used for gaming. I have received feedback that I shouldn't upgrade the CPU as I will never use its full potential, however, I was wondering on your thoughts and telling me what limitations I might come across with this.

i think the rx5700 is going to be too much on that cpu. a more realistic approach to this would be upgrading your cpu since youre already on the am4 platform. you can look into ryzen 5 3500 or 3600 if u want SMT and pair that with a 5600XT, this will yield better fps than just sticking an rx5700 in your current system.

BTW, note that this might require you to update the bios on your motherboard. what motherboard are you using at the moment? 

I have a question I'm really looking to building my new pc myself I'm not new to pc building but was curious to learn and know something and that is I had a old system and got rid of it but kept my gtx 960 4g ssc and I've had it for a while and now am looking to buying a ryzen 5 1600 6 core with 12 thread CPU and 16gb ddr4 2400mhz memory with a 600w psu so could I be building a bottlenecked system or will it be decent I'd like to know and also my purpose for this build is to play games like new modern warfare and warZ and similar titles like those so yah interested in what this combo may cause idk 

Hopefully this thread isn't dead. I built a PC over some time because of you know money. This is my Rig setup:

asus m5a97 le r2.0 atx

AMD Fx 8350- With CoolMaster 240 Water Cooler

NVIDIA 1660 TI

12 GB DDR3

Windows 10

I can run the new COD Modern Warfare at 1080 @60FPS for the most part. I do get a random drop in FPS here and there, but my problem is that I am attempting to record gameplay for YouTube via OBS and I get encoding errors that seem to be CPU related. I have adjusted the settings up and down in OBS and the same thing happens. Is this bottlenecking at the CPU? 

16 minutes ago, jb0330 said:

Hopefully this thread isn't dead. I built a PC over some time because of you know money. This is my Rig setup:

asus m5a97 le r2.0 atx

AMD Fx 8350- With CoolMaster 240 Water Cooler

NVIDIA 1660 TI

12 GB DDR3

Windows 10

I can run the new COD Modern Warfare at 1080 @60FPS for the most part. I do get a random drop in FPS here and there, but my problem is that I am attempting to record gameplay for YouTube via OBS and I get encoding errors that seem to be CPU related. I have adjusted the settings up and down in OBS and the same thing happens. Is this bottlenecking at the CPU? 

What encoder are you using in OBS?

Because if it is NOT NVENC, then yes; your CPU is holding back gaming and recording performance.

Consider changing the encoder settings to NVENC

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

35 minutes ago, minibois said:

What encoder are you using in OBS?

Because if it is NOT NVENC, then yes; your CPU is holding back gaming and recording performance.

Consider changing the encoder settings to NVENC

I am using the NVIDIA NVENC H.264 (new) encoder. I just ran MSI Afterburner while playing and recording and my CPU is pegged. Now for a question that if it is stupid just say so, lol.

If I overclock my CPU will that help? 

Just now, jb0330 said:

I am using the NVIDIA NVENC H.264 (new) encoder. I just ran MSI Afterburner while playing and recording and my CPU is pegged. Now for a question that if it is stupid just say so, lol.

In my experience, overclocking your CPU will only improve performance by up to 10-30%.

I doubt it will go from pegging the CPU to totally fine with an overclock, but it's worth a try.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

11 minutes ago, minibois said:

In my experience, overclocking your CPU will only improve performance by up to 10-30%.

I doubt it will go from pegging the CPU to totally fine with an overclock, but it's worth a try.

ok, thank you for input!!!!!!!

Hi,

I want to make a hobby out of uploading video's on Youtube,more specifically I want to record newly realeased videogames(1080p).

I already have a computer around with the following specs:

Case: DeepCool Kendomen RD

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270X - Ultra gaming

CPU: i7 - 7700K 4.20 GHz

PSU: Seasonic S12II-520W Bronze

RAM: 2x 8GB HyperX Fury Black 2133MHz

SSD: Adata 120GB

I want to upgrade to the following and I want to know what you guys would do different and why?and if this setup will bottleneck?

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX 750W (I think a 650W PSU will be enough but in the future I want to upgrade my CPU and motherboard)

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC 3X

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14

SSD: Patriot Burst 480GB SATA-III 2.5 inch

HDD: Toshiba P300 3TB SATA-III 7200 RPM

On 5/1/2020 at 12:07 AM, jb0330 said:

It might help a little bit. But i sincerely think that fx series are too old to be relevant now. I cant remember where I read about this topic, it goes something like the FX8350 is really not a "true" 8 core cpu. I believe it says that its more like having 8 actual cores, but there are 4 "lanes" or pathways for them to work. i dont know whats it called. Kinda like the opposite of hyper threading in a sense. That is why even if it performs well back in the day albeit toasty. Nowadays, the typical workload of gaming/streaming could easily pegg your cpu at max. If money is an issue then bear with it a little while longer. OC your cpu 1st. I sincerely believe that now is a good time to upgrade to ryzen. r5 1600af or 2600 is a serious bargain if you can find. It will cost a a bit more to change platforms, but am4 is still new and ddr4 will probably be around for a little while more. just my two cents. Good luck with your OC, may it help alleviate some of the cpu bottleneck for you sir

Ive got a 1070 and an i5 9600k. Ive seen benchmarks on Red Dead 2 with the same set up and see people pull more that 60 fps but I cant get above 55. I feel like my system isnt putting out as much power as it should. Any help?

Try checking the GPU/CPU temperatures and try checking if your PSU wattage enough for everything you have in your setup,you can find wattage PSU calculator on Google.

34 minutes ago, Gabriel77 said:

Try checking the GPU/CPU temperatures and try checking if your PSU wattage enough for everything you have in your setup,you can find wattage PSU calculator on Google.

PSU wattage calculators are absolute trash.

Your system should be pulling ~600 watts on load, so get a 650-750 watt PSU.

Here's one:

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Bronze-Certified-Modular-CP-9020103-NA/dp/B01B72W1VA/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1BEY8WXRKAK1Z&dchild=1&keywords=650w+power+supply&qid=1588632175&sprefix=650w%2Caps%2C226&sr=8-3

Edited by 732
estimated wrong

"hi 911? my grandma is on the floor and shes not responding to anything"
"have you tried turning it off and on again?"

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding, di-di-ding

11 minutes ago, 732 said:

PSU wattage calculators are absolute trash.

I know it's not the best,but it gives an idea if you don't know,like me,how much a system needs.

And yea I've checked what he's got and it resulted around 600W.

I checked my psu wattage and the sticker has 800w marked. My cpu temps are normal around 55C while playing red dead. Not too sure how to check gpu temp.

atm i know am not bottle neck in any way.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

Hey guys - am I being bottlenecked?

CPU: Amd FX-6350

GPU: R9 380

RAM: 16GB DDR3

just ordered a new CPU, RAM and MB - new ones would be:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

RAM: 16GB DDR4

I experience low framerates in CPU heavy games like Escape From Tarkov or Valorant. Do you guys think this new CPU will increase my fps in those games - or is the upgrade a waste of money? (Valorant drops from around 110 to 40 if alot of effects and shots are used on the map - EFT is constantly at around 20-50fps)

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

Hey guys, I create 3D content and use programs such as Maya, Zbrush, Marvelous designer and substance painter. 

My current specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x

GPU: Asus Strix 1650 super

MB : Asus prime x470 pro

Ram: Corsair RGB pro 32gb 3200MHz (4x8gb)

Is this creating a severe bottleneck?

Thanks in advance!

On 5/5/2020 at 5:29 AM, zedeee said:

Hey guys - am I being bottlenecked?

CPU: Amd FX-6350

RAM: 16GB DDR3

just ordered a new CPU, RAM and MB - new ones would be:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

RAM: 16GB DDR4

You weren't being bottlenecked before, but with this new upgrade, you won't fully be able to to utilize the power of your new CPU without a graphics card upgrade. 

33 minutes ago, Stoney08 said:

Hey guys, I create 3D content and use programs such as Maya, Zbrush, Marvelous designer and substance painter. 

My current specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x

GPU: Asus Strix 1650 super

MB : Asus prime x470 pro

Ram: Corsair RGB pro 32gb 3200MHz (4x8gb)

Is this creating a severe bottleneck?

Thanks in advance!

You might want to consider upgrading that to a 1660 at least - marvelous designer does rely heavily on your GPU for simulations.

Checking in to see if I'm being bottlenecked:

i5-3470

Vega 64

12 GB RAM

SSD

When I run Resident Evil 2 at max settings 1080p i'm getting only ~52 FPS, while my GPU is at 99% usage and my CPU is ~50% usage.

Is my 8 year-old CPU bottlenecking me even though the usage only says 50%?

Wondering if my PC is bottlenecked

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G

GPU: RX 5500 XT 8GB

MB: Gigabyte B450M DS3H

RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4

1TB HDD

150GB SSD

When I play CSGO, I only get around 120 FPS and it dips to around 90 FPS sometimes. Radeon Software says an average of 108.7 FPS and both GPU and CPU usage at around 75%. Already used DDU and tried previous drivers for GPU.

I had an i7 6700k with a 1060 6gb for the longest time, then upgraded my graphics card to a 2060 6gb. I barely see a performance upgrade especially in games like minecraft and counter strike(I know they're more CPU intensive games). 

Do you think its worth upgrading? I also do video and photo editing so I would be able to take advantage of a better CPU, however my computer runs fine at the moment. 

Hi folks,

My pc is 11 years old and it's done pretty well, but it's beginning to seriously chug and I need to know how best to improve it. I seek your wise council.

i7-920 cpu

GTX 670 graphics card

18Gb ram

Gigabyte EX-58 Extreme motherboard

A motley assortment of SSDs and HDDs

Watercooled (don't laugh) in a Kandalf case - it was the only case with built in watercooling at the time :D

I can't afford a new system, but I could probably scrape together £300 for a new graphics card - the question is, is the rest of the system so old that a new GFX card would be pointless?

I'm a photographer so I do use the pc for photo-editing, but if I'm being completely honest the primary use is probably gaming (and I'd be interested in doing some streaming in future).

Cheers!

Edited by Vormulac
Added mobo data