ICTable Scam - 248 days after order

This case has all the hallmarks of a Kickstarter scam, without Kickstarter.
No updates, delays, only one source for the mere existence of the product.

You should cancel and wait, whether or not anyone gets a desk.

At this Point the company seems very untrustworthy:

How do you know they will ever deliver? They had a nearly a year of time in which, not only you but all other customers didn't receive their desks.

If they deliver: do you know it will be the same quality or even the same product altogether?

If you decide to keep this very contract, there should be a reason to: have they offered a discount? (preferably now: then you have a bank address)

If they didn't: why not cancel the contract and make a new one as soon as the first people receive their desks.

There's absolutely no reason to not cancel the contract, so you should do so and wait for an update from an independent source.

It is a low quantity high quality item. It's furniture. These things can take ages. Get a refund if it's not something you want to wait for.

If it was IKEA, then yes, waiting is unacceptable. As an individual trades person, waiting so long without prior agreement ("a painting/sculpture/fine wine will take me 18 months to make" etc), asking for a refund is reasonable.

Wanting your cake and eating it is not. Just take the cash back, and get a different desk.

You could contact the BBB to file a complaint if you feel real bad about it.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

Just to close out my own post - It took 20 days of Paypal resolution in order for things to be finished. It took that long because ICTable never responded to the claim (So everything had to time out for lack of response). I received a refund via Paypal and I am now done. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/17/2018 at 12:29 PM, NovaNightmare said:

Just to close out my own post - It took 20 days of Paypal resolution in order for things to be finished. It took that long because ICTable never responded to the claim (So everything had to time out for lack of response). I received a refund via Paypal and I am now done. 

Yes paypal was awesome for me too... for the portion i paid through them. However they didn't have a paypal option when I first started my payments with them so about$1500 was paid through my bank and my bank is now refusing to refund my money because its been more than 120 days since purchase. 

I haven't gotten am email from anatoly in about a month.

I really don't know how to go about fighting to get my money back now :(

I am so disappointed because this was my DREAM setup! I worked so hard and saved and saved and worked to make it all happen and now NOT only am i not getting the Desk but I am potentially screwed out of most of the money as well.

No offense but thanks Linus for  reviewing the iCTABLE and making me want it.

Way too much to list better off to just watch.

On 9/13/2018 at 5:31 AM, TechyBen said:

It is a low quantity high quality item. It's furniture. These things can take ages. Get a refund if it's not something you want to wait for.

If it was IKEA, then yes, waiting is unacceptable. As an individual trades person, waiting so long without prior agreement ("a painting/sculpture/fine wine will take me 18 months to make" etc), asking for a refund is reasonable.

Wanting your cake and eating it is not. Just take the cash back, and get a different desk.

except when you cant get your cash back because your bank refuses because the transaction took place more then 120 days ago. hmm funny since ICTABLE told me over and over it will take 3 months to manufacture for like well every 3 months they said the same thing. So after the 5th months of waiting i started the refund but it is apparently too late :(

On 9/13/2018 at 4:54 AM, Mattalex99 said:

This case has all the hallmarks of a Kickstarter scam, without Kickstarter.
No updates, delays, only one source for the mere existence of the product.

You should cancel and wait, whether or not anyone gets a desk.

At this Point the company seems very untrustworthy:

How do you know they will ever deliver? They had a nearly a year of time in which, not only you but all other customers didn't receive their desks.

If they deliver: do you know it will be the same quality or even the same product altogether?

If you decide to keep this very contract, there should be a reason to: have they offered a discount? (preferably now: then you have a bank address)

If they didn't: why not cancel the contract and make a new one as soon as the first people receive their desks.

There's absolutely no reason to not cancel the contract, so you should do so and wait for an update from an independent source.

Thats why im also upset with Linus Tech Tips for promoting the company. it was because of the 16 monitor video that I had the dream of buying this desk. I genuinely feel that Linus should fight/investigate/make a video like he did the whole apple fiasco a little for me as they are the direct reason I purchased from ictable, but that would make the SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE! show me that linus will fight for the people as well and not just his company when getting screwed.

When you're speaking on their behalf, you are giving these people your personal seal of approval and your assurances that they are a stand up company.

You are essentially saying: "I know these guys. I trust them and you can trust them too. I give you my word, if they screw up, you can take it out on me."

Whether you realize it or not, when you vouch for a person or a company, you're also taking responsibility for anything that goes wrong, as if you're cosigning a loan for someone. Now, you wouldn't cosign a loan for a degenerate, would you? So you shouldn't vouch for anyone who will make you look bad.

5 minutes ago, TheIcePhoenix said:

except when you cant get your cash back because your bank refuses because the transaction took place more then 120 days ago. hmm funny since ICTABLE told me over and over it will take 3 months to manufacture for like well every 3 months they said the same thing. So after the 5th months of waiting i started the refund but it is apparently too late :(

This is why Pre-orders are trust trades.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

1 minute ago, TheIcePhoenix said:

Thats why im also upset with Linus Tech Tips for promoting the company.

LTT is usually susceptible to promoting/advertising garbage though. TunnelBear, PIA and some other thing from a while back.

Only remotely successful promo was dollar shave club. As in, it's something that hasn't really been complained about.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

4 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

LTT is usually susceptible to promoting/advertising garbage though. TunnelBear, PIA and some other thing from a while back.

Only remotely successful promo was dollar shave club. As in, it's something that hasn't really been complained about.

when you are speaking on their behalf, you are giving these people your personal seal of approval and your assurances that they are a stand up company.
You are essentially saying: "I know these guys. I trust them and you can trust them too. I give you my word, if they screw up, you can take it out on me."

Whether you realize it or not, when you vouch for a person or a company, you're also taking responsibility for anything that goes wrong, as if you're cosigning a loan for someone. Now, you wouldn't cosign a loan for a degenerate, would you? So you shouldn't vouch for anyone who will make you look bad.

22 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

What's wrong with PIA? Because it's based in the US?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

17 hours ago, TetraSky said:

What's wrong with PIA? Because it's based in the US?

That and lack of a trial is a kicker for me imo.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

• 5 weeks later...

Alrighty gents I'm making an account just to add on to the "fun" I also am waiting on my desk ordered back on September 2nd of last year (ya I've been waiting a while). My two cents here, I've delt with a few small companies in the past that have had some serious delays on material (granted it was uncommon wood) so I some what get it, now granted the one thing I've never had the issue with is communication, I've never had to try multiple times to get an update or explonation... Any other company keeps me updated with anything they know... I'm not hear to beat the already dead horse. Just frustrated like I'm sure everyone is at this point, idk how many people have actually gotten their desk but I imagine it isnt many

On 9/12/2018 at 11:03 PM, Arika S said:

it's been nine and a half months. luxury item or not, for a desk (a goddamn DESK) that is completely unacceptable, regardless of how much you want it. PLUS they're now "The earliest it will be ready in 3 months" will make it over an entire year. I suggest you ask for a refund now and spend your money at a business that isn't completely inept.

I have been trying to get a refund but my bank won't do it because it's been more than 3 months since purchase and ICtable keep telling me that the entire company is in Asia and they don't have ANY time to issue me a refund. Paypal paid the portion I paid through them No problem got that in less than 10 days.

:( I can't see how the entire company is in Asia altogether or how they are SO busy that they can't issue me a refund. 

1 hour ago, Astro932 said:

Alrighty gents I'm making an account just to add on to the "fun" I also am waiting on my desk ordered back on September 2nd of last year (ya I've been waiting a while). My two cents here, I've delt with a few small companies in the past that have had some serious delays on material (granted it was uncommon wood) so I some what get it, now granted the one thing I've never had the issue with is communication, I've never had to try multiple times to get an update or explonation... Any other company keeps me updated with anything they know... I'm not hear to beat the already dead horse. Just frustrated like I'm sure everyone is at this point, idk how many people have actually gotten their desk but I imagine it isnt many

I feel ya man. I feel we all need to get together and start a lawsuit or small claims. I feel that it is our job to do something to prevent others form beings scammed or stolen from or if the company is indeed on the up and up at least force them to make a change in how they handle situations like this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2018 at 7:24 PM, TheIcePhoenix said:

I feel ya man. I feel we all need to get together and start a lawsuit or small claims. I feel that it is our job to do something to prevent others form beings scammed or stolen from or if the company is indeed on the up and up at least force them to make a change in how they handle situations like this.

This whole thing disgusts me.

If Linus was a man of honor and integrity, instead of just a marketing shill, he would contact you himself and pay you part of the money out of his own pocket.  he has money.  He can afford it.  But he doesn't care. Very few people in this world ever care about anyone else unless they're cute, hot, popular or they can make money off them.  And that's the truth.

3 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

If Linus was a man of honor and integrity, instead of just a marketing shill, he would contact you himself and pay you part of the money out of his own pocket.

are you an insane person?

ICTable is not LMGs project....they did advertising/a promotional video for them, yes, but it's not their responsibly to make sure that company delivers on THEIR promise/crowdfunding.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

are you an insane person?

ICTable is not LMGs project....they did advertising/a promotional video for them, yes, but it's not their responsibly to make sure that company delivers on THEIR promise/crowdfunding.

No, I'm a 47 year old adult with a little bit of integrity.

Have you ever heard of doing the right thing?
Someone got SCAMMED because of Linus promoting their product.  Yet you don't care..

You disgust me.

16 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

and yet you're acting like a child and clearly don't know how these things work.

quote from the FTC regarding Advertising and Marketing on the Internet

Sellers are responsible for claims they make about their products and services. Third parties - such as advertising agencies or website designers and catalog marketers - also may be liable for making or disseminating deceptive representations if they participate in the preparation or distribution of the advertising, or know about the deceptive claims.

the part about third parties (of while LMG is one) being liable is ONLY if they knowingly and willingly spread false information or misrepresent a product they know to be deceptive. At the time the video was release, ICTable appeared to be a legitimate product and project and i have no doubt that back then ICTable believed this as well, they are at fault for not having the resources to be able to fulfill the orders they got, therefore LMG is absolved of any wrong doing by the company they advertise for

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/advertising-marketing-internet-rules-road

so, you're right i don't care, because i don't preorder overpriced products that don't exist. It's now between the buyers and ICTable to come to an arrangement, asking LMG to pay out of their own pocket is ludicrous.

To put it into another perspective, you're saying that if i buy anything based off a recommendation that appeared in any LTT videos and i didn't receive it, it broke and couldn't get it repaired under warranty, etc, that I'm within my right to approach LMG and say "you have to pay for this, i bought it because of your video"

No, that's not how advertising works.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

19 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

This whole thing disgusts me.

If Linus was a man of honor and integrity, instead of just a marketing shill, he would contact you himself and pay you part of the money out of his own pocket.  he has money.  He can afford it.  But he doesn't care. Very few people in this world ever care about anyone else unless they're cute, hot, popular or they can make money off them.  And that's the truth.

You're being ridiculous.

If you see an ad for a Quarter Pounder on the side of the bus, and you go to Mcdonalds and order one only to take a bite and find out they forgot to put the beef patty on the bun, do you go to the bus company to complain and ask for a refund?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

15 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

Someone got SCAMMED because of Linus promoting their product.  Yet you don't care..

You disgust me.

Wait, so the owner of my cable provider should write me a check because the "As Seen On TV" item I bought off of a commercial that I was watching using his service was a piece of junk? Thanks, I thought I was out $40 but I little did I know I don't actually have to take any personal responsibility for my actions and somebody unrelated to the transaction will foot the bill. NEAT! ?

What if Linus was broke and living paycheck to paycheck? Would you still expect him to pay $1500 because somebody at his company arranged to promote a product? The excuse "he can afford it" shouldn't be a factor. Are you outraged that the people who sold cell phones still have jobs after upselling the Samsung phones that caught fire? If not then you're a hypocrite for holding Linus to a higher standard because "he can afford it".

-KuJoe

23 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

You disgust me.

LMG is paid to endorse products, it's how they make their money. Their obligation to you goes no further than their own experience with the product. It's the same concept as every other commercial on cable tv. 

It's a real shame that this company is completely failing to deliver not only the product but also information about its own operations. Surely this is some sort of small group of people building designer computer desks with no business acumen. 

None of you are getting my point and it seems that none of you even care about compassion or human dignity.

I'm not saying that Linus is legally obligated to help the guy who got scammed. 

Hell, you can go spit on a homeless guy on the street who is having a seizure and laugh at him and be perfectly in the right legally.

I'm saying that people CAN step up and put their egos behind them and decide to make this world a better place.

Not just rich people like Bill Gates who donate 95% of their income to charities.

I'm done with this thread.   Have fun, guys.  Keep flaming me--I won't see it anymore.  I'm sure you made your weekend happy with your hatred and arrogance.

3 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

None of you are getting my point and it seems that none of you even care about compassion or human dignity.

Well first off, OP went and asked for their money, which they got back.

As for the other member who is also talking about this, they were offered a refund but they've refused it in the hope of getting what they were paying for some day and are mad when it turned out, nothing would show up in the end.
I get wanting to have compassion, but at the end of the day, the ones who made the conscious choice to invest in this company to Pre-Order a product and then refused the refund when being offered one, only have themselves to blame. If you see that it's taking longer than what it should be taking for a product to be delivered and you're offered a refund, YOU TAKE IT, you don't pretend you've issued an "ultimatum".

Even if they say they didn't "refuse the refund", they didn't accept it either, which is basically the same.

Not to mention, if you'd actually watched the videos(part 1, part 2), Linus NEVER actually advertised for them. Nor was the video sponsored by ictable.
Yes he's showcasing their product, but that's it, the ictable desk was only a means to an end and not the core focus of the whole videos.(which is 16k gaming)
While he does describe the desk in part 2, he never says to check them out, to click the link in the video description to buy a desk "like this one" or anything whatsoever. 
He has never outright endorsed the product.

If that user still wants their money back now, asking them for a cheque/check of the total value they paid through their bank or even bringing them to small claim court, would let them have their money back.

Like you've said, Linus has NO legal responsibility on this and is in no way obligated to step up to repay this user. I get wanting to make a better world and all that, but you should realize that you're being unreasonable here.

If you offhandedly talked about how you liked a product while using it(like say, a blender) and someone else heard you and decided to buy said product, but it turned out they got injured because they used said product while disregarding every word of cautions in the manual(sticking their hand in the spinning blade), would you feel responsible this person action? No you wouldn't. You never told them to buy it or to stick their hand in there.
Well it's the same thing here, they made the choice to buy this product on pre-order, were offered the refund but preferred to keep waiting, refused the refund and got burned for it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

On 8/2/2018 at 1:30 PM, NovaNightmare said:

additionally my order was canceled and recreated, with the promise it would essentially still be the same order as before (keeping place in line, etc).

It seems like they are doing the delay on purpose.

How did you pay for the item?

Paypal

Credit Card

Seems to me like they are trying to get over the period of time in which they'd have to refund your money.

Ah I see where this is going now. Yeah well its the whole public image game isnt it. An offhanded remark destroys reputation, Mrs. Barr for example. An offhanded remark is different then a whole spiel about something, or even a spiel on liking the product. Either way you are right, Linus has no steak in the game. Its on the consumer to step up within a given time frame to get a refund from Paypal or Credit Card or Ebay or Amazon or whomever.

41 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Linus