ICTable Scam - 248 days after order

16 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

No, I'm a 47 year old adult with a little bit of integrity.

Have you ever heard of doing the right thing?
Someone got SCAMMED because of Linus promoting their product.  Yet you don't care..

You disgust me.

Linus never advertised their product, he just decided to use it. Linus has no obligation, be it business or moral to pay anyone, as you've said. It was the consumers choice to buy the product, and theirs alone. Best that a company screws 20 customers and Linus should be the one with integrity and pay them back. What they could do, and as I understand they have contacted ICTable previously and got a response, and that kind of influence is all that one should expect from them. If you really are 47 years old, I do really feel sad for you if you can't read the situation and dare to call out someone because he is not rising to the situation, as in paying money, and that he has nothing to do with. What you're asking for nothing to do with integrity. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

No, you just seem upset that this happened to you, so it is personal to you.  It's not Linus's responsibility at all, and it's not inhumane that he doesn't speak up.  He was never sponsored nor did he endorse the product.  He talked about what he was using that's it.

That's the thing, it didn't happen to them. They just decided to pitch in their grain of salt by claiming it was Linus's responsibilities that this one user got "scammed" and that Linus should "step up" to essentially pay that user back, as if it was ever Linus' fault. 

We know they are wrong and they likely know as well they are wrong, there's no way a self titled "47 year old adult" wouldn't know that what they are spouting is idealistic nonsense, after living in this world for 47 years... I wouldn't be surprised if they never actually watched the videos in question and just assumed Linus had made a video selling out 100% for ictable.

In any case, they've said they wouldn't be coming back to this thread again, so there isn't much point replying to them.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

55 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Linus never advertised their product, he just decided to use it. Linus has no obligation, be it business or moral to pay anyone, as you've said. It was the consumers choice to buy the product, and theirs alone. Best that a company screws 20 customers and Linus should be the one with integrity and pay them back. What they could do, and as I understand they have contacted ICTable previously and got a response, and that kind of influence is all that one should expect from them. If you really are 47 years old, I do really feel sad for you if you can't read the situation and dare to call out someone because he is not rising to the situation, as in paying money, and that he has nothing to do with. What you're asking for nothing to do with integrity. 

I am not sure you understand the definition of promoting so let me help you.

Promot, verb (used with object), pro·mot·ed, pro·mot·ing.

1. to help or encourage to exist or flourish; further:
  2. to advance in rank, dignity, position, etc.
  3. to aid in organizing (business undertakings).
  4. to encourage the sales, acceptance, etc., of (a product), especially through advertising or other publicity.
  5. Informal . to obtain (something) by cunning or trickery; wangle.

By making at 2 videos that the desk is the primary feature and other videos that show off the desk they are promoting the company whether they are getting paid for it or not. not to mention that their videos are the4 exact reason I purchased the desk in the first place. So ie promoting.

I never got my money back and am still fighting to get it back from Ictable. The reason I want Linus group to step forward is to assist in getting my money back and or to get clear answers from a company that won5t give me clear answers. LTT has more power then I do and they could ruin this company for repeatedly scamming people and prevent further abuse down the road. but it seems that isn't their problem. and sadly that's how you're looking at it too.

Way too much to list better off to just watch.

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

No, you just seem upset that this happened to you, so it is personal to you.  It's not Linus's responsibility at all, and it's not inhumane that he doesn't speak up.  He was never sponsored nor did he endorse the product.  He talked about what he was using that's it.

It happened to me?  Really?  I didn't buy anything.  I only came here randomly.

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Well first off, OP went and asked for their money, which they got back.

As for the other member who is also talking about this, they were offered a refund but they've refused it in the hope of getting what they were paying for some day and are mad when it turned out, nothing would show up in the end.
I get wanting to have compassion, but at the end of the day, the ones who made the conscious choice to invest in this company to Pre-Order a product and then refused the refund when being offered one, only have themselves to blame. If you see that it's taking longer than what it should be taking for a product to be delivered and you're offered a refund, YOU TAKE IT, you don't pretend you've issued an "ultimatum".

Even if they say they didn't "refuse the refund", they didn't accept it either, which is basically the same.

Not to mention, if you'd actually watched the videos(part 1, part 2), Linus NEVER actually advertised for them. Nor was the video sponsored by ictable.
Yes he's showcasing their product, but that's it, the ictable desk was only a means to an end and not the core focus of the whole videos.(which is 16k gaming)
While he does describe the desk in part 2, he never says to check them out, to click the link in the video description to buy a desk "like this one" or anything whatsoever. 
He has never outright endorsed the product.

If that user still wants their money back now, asking them for a cheque/check of the total value they paid through their bank or even bringing them to small claim court, would let them have their money back.

Like you've said, Linus has NO legal responsibility on this and is in no way obligated to step up to repay this user. I get wanting to make a better world and all that, but you should realize that you're being unreasonable here.

If you offhandedly talked about how you liked a product while using it(like say, a blender) and someone else heard you and decided to buy said product, but it turned out they got injured because they used said product while disregarding every word of cautions in the manual(sticking their hand in the spinning blade), would you feel responsible this person action? No you wouldn't. You never told them to buy it or to stick their hand in there.
Well it's the same thing here, they made the choice to buy this product on pre-order, were offered the refund but preferred to keep waiting, refused the refund and got burned for it.

They offered me a refund of which I took and they have yet to actually repay me. it astounds me how you guys consistently misread a situation. legally no he has no need to take action or make a video but as a company in the industry if he sees something wrong he should speak up and warn people maybe see if he can get answers from ictable or assist in lighting a fire under their asses. 

Also regarding the refund, I was offered. I accepted it but asked them if I did keep the order would it be shipped before Xmas and they said no so I said I wanted my money back they said ok and then have never actually refunded me stating they don't have time to refund me they are too busy in Asia. My bank has refused to issue a refund but PayPal refunded me what I paid through them no problem, So I lost out on about 2k.

Granted I do not expect or ask linus to pay me out of his pocket. that's not his responsibility ( although it would be super cool lol ) I just want his companies to help in getting the word out and finding out the truth and warning others that the responsibility I feel he has. 

40 minutes ago, TheIcePhoenix said:

I am not sure you understand the definition of promoting so let me help you.

Promot, verb (used with object), pro·mot·ed, pro·mot·ing.

1. to help or encourage to exist or flourish; further:
  2. to advance in rank, dignity, position, etc.
  3. to aid in organizing (business undertakings).
  4. to encourage the sales, acceptance, etc., of (a product), especially through advertising or other publicity.
  5. Informal . to obtain (something) by cunning or trickery; wangle.

By making at 2 videos that the desk is the primary feature and other videos that show off the desk they are promoting the company whether they are getting paid for it or not. not to mention that their videos are the4 exact reason I purchased the desk in the first place. So ie promoting.

I never got my money back and am still fighting to get it back from Ictable. The reason I want Linus group to step forward is to assist in getting my money back and or to get clear answers from a company that won5t give me clear answers. LTT has more power then I do and they could ruin this company for repeatedly scamming people and prevent further abuse down the road. but it seems that isn't their problem. and sadly that's how you're looking at it too.

Just so you don't twist my words, which you're doing, I said they/Linus, should not pay money out of their own pocket. I said that they previously assisted, and that really is all that they should do, but if they step up in getting your money back, kudos to them, but doing so might open many bad doors for them. It is up to them to decide in the end.

Furthermore, so my words don't get twisted more, while promoting and advertising are similar, they are different. LMG in no way urged anyone to go check the table or even buy it, they never implied it should be a potential buy. It may be a promotion, but not an advertisement. I said they never advertised, not promoted it in any way. 

Now I am gonna be brutally honest here. If I was in your shoes, I'd be pissed as well, if a company did not meet the end on a $3000 purchase? Ouch. Anywho, while they screwed you over, you waited too long to decide and take action. As you said, your friends have been telling you for months that it's a bad decision, but you decided to stand your ground. Ok, you have every right to do so, it's your money, but what that got you is a problem with the bank since you waited for way too long, and that one is on you, and you alone. You may not like it, but you're partially to blame. 

Not to go into stupid arguments, since all of us want for you to get your money back, I'm sure of it, and the best thing to do for you, since you want LMG to take action, is to PM directly @LinusTech and @CPotter since the tags might get lost in a gazillion tags that they receive per day, which I'm sure they do. 

There way an issue with Synergy whom they advertised and it was Colton who stepped up, so he would be my best bet. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

3 hours ago, Canada EH said:

It seems like they are doing the delay on purpose.

How did you pay for the item?

Paypal

Credit Card

Seems to me like they are trying to get over the period of time in which they'd have to refund your money.

Ah I see where this is going now. Yeah well its the whole public image game isnt it. An offhanded remark destroys reputation, Mrs. Barr for example. An offhanded remark is different then a whole spiel about something, or even a spiel on liking the product. Either way you are right, Linus has no steak in the game. Its on the consumer to step up within a given time frame to get a refund from Paypal or Credit Card or Ebay or Amazon or whomever.

PayPal - and PayPal is the one who provided the refund. ICTable could not do the refund directly ("against policy") and more than that when I opened the claim with PayPal, their entire strategy was to not respond to the claim, thus PayPal provides the actual refund and I wonder if ICTable actually returned the money I spent to PayPal itself or not.

3 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

none of you even care about compassion or human dignity. 

I'm not saying that Linus is legally obligated to help the guy who got scammed. 

Hell, you can go spit on a homeless guy on the street who is having a seizure and laugh at him and be perfectly in the right legally.

Well technically that is assault.

Human nature, that is why millions die in Africa and its not even on the news.

That is ICTables entire strategy, delay delay delay. If you would have paid cash, there would have been endless excuses until you realized they will not give you your hard earned cash back. Then the options are very limited, but not entirely dried up, revenge is a powerful potion!

1 minute ago, NovaNightmare said:

heir entire strategy was to not respond to the claim, thus PayPal provides the actual refund and I wonder if ICTable actually returned the money I spent to PayPal itself or not.

3 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Then why do you care so much?

Because I've learned in my 47 years that I should get my head outside my ass and have a little compassion.

Maybe your life is so rich and privileged that you forgot what it's like to be human.

5 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Just so you don't twist my words, which you're doing, I said they/Linus, should not pay money out of their own pocket. I said that they previously assisted, and that really is all that they should do, but if they step up in getting your money back, kudos to them, but doing so might open many bad doors for them. It is up to them to decide in the end.

Furthermore, so my words don't get twisted more, while promoting and advertising are similar, they are different. LMG in no way urged anyone to go check the table or even buy it, they never implied it should be a potential buy. It may be a promotion, but not an advertisement. I said they never advertised, not promoted it in any way. 

Now I am gonna be brutally honest here. If I was in your shoes, I'd be pissed as well, if a company did not meet the end on a $3000 purchase? Ouch. Anywho, while they screwed you over, you waited too long to decide and take action. As you said, your friends have been telling you for months that it's a bad decision, but you decided to stand your ground. Ok, you have every right to do so, it's your money, but what that got you is a problem with the bank since you waited for way too long, and that one is on you, and you alone. You may not like it, but you're partially to blame. 

Not to go into stupid arguments, since all of us want for you to get your money back, I'm sure of it, and the best thing to do for you, since you want LMG to take action, is to PM directly @LinusTech and @CPotter since the tags might get lost in a gazillion tags that they receive per day, which I'm sure they do. 

There way an issue with Synergy whom they advertised and it was Colton who stepped up, so he would be my best bet. 

I agree Linus should not pay me or anyone else compensation for another companies product. I never asked him too. I asked them to investigate and assist and maybe make a video about the investigation and situation to warn people and make people aware of the issue before they lose money or at the least so the company has a chance to make clear what the truth of the situation is.

2 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

Because I've learned in my 47 years that I should get my head outside my ass and have a little compassion.

Maybe your life is so rich and privileged that you forgot what it's like to be human.

Thank you and I appreciate your taking a stance on this issue. I don't think Linus should pay us back though I just want an investigation and video about it to help warn alert and or give ictable a chance to make things clear about what's going on.

Hey!

Very sorry for missing this thread and the fact that this problem has persisted for so long, I try to keep an eye out for threads with viewers having issues with any of our sponsors. Since ICTable has never officially "sponsored" us (Not denying the impact we have when we partner up with a company to use one of their products in a video) and I wasn't tagged originally, this got missed.

Linus and the rest of us take these kinds of things very seriously. I see @ictable has responded but this hasn't been resolved for several of you guys. Can anyone who is having issues with ICTable please DM me here on the forums? I'll try to assist in whatever way possible.

I'm just curious to see if this leads any where... The worst part of this is well... I REALLLY want that desk it's super cool lol I'm terrible 

47 minutes ago, Astro932 said:

I'm just curious to see if this leads any where... The worst part of this is well... I REALLLY want that desk it's super cool lol I'm terrible 

I thought the same thing, but it's practically vaporware. Is there one person or place that has this desk, has talked about it, shared pictures, or officially reviewed it? I've never seen it. Outside of the Linus video (and the desk was primarily the platform for "16k gaming") and media from ictable itself. I'd bet they've never actually shipped a complete product to anyone. 

On 8/9/2018 at 5:22 PM, ictable said:

We understand your concerns and share in your worries. We sincerely apologize for our unprofessional approach in the matter and the inability to provide the product in a timely manner you expected.

iCTABLE is not a mass-manufacturing product, using technologies of individual production. In this case, we sacrifice speed and time for top quality. For example, one of the decorative elements, the corner cups, can be manufactured in large quantites and relatively quickly with the method of dye casting. However, we use high-end cnc machines giving unparalled quality but at a much slower pace.  It is not a coincidence that Apple bought 80,000 such cnc machines to achieve enough quantity production of their high-level of quality products. But, we are not yet at Apple size to create such an operation of producion. Nevertheless, we will continue to pursue the best quality for you. 

Another important factor is the materials we use. More specifically - aluminium. It is beautiful, modern, and very expensive (with the exception of one country where everything is made). But even in Asia the price is substantial in comparison to the normal, cheap, metals out of which regular cases and desks are pumped out of factories like hot cakes. We also employ laser cutting machines for precision and clean edges. But, yet again, the process is considerably slower to other, less quality methods. 

Every customer is extremely important to us and we try to operate like a large company while keeping the price at the lowest market level. With the addition of competition, primarily in China, which flood the market with products at the lowest cost by substitution quality with lots of quantity. We are fully aware that we are progressing slow in your eyes, but we are not embarrassed for the quantity we provide.

Our end-goal is to provide you with the best quality product - which will serve you a lifetime. iCTABLE is not meant to be replaced every few years. It can be upgraded, updated, and evolved - not thrown out like normal desks. To achieve this, therefore, the quality needs to be of the highest level for the life-lasting effects. 

We are looking for solutions and are finding them with full effort and with time. In addition, we ask that in any situation to first contact us directly at any time via Facebook.com/ictable or by sending us an email at my@ictable.com 

Sincerely,

iCTABLE Team

Dude its been 8 months I could use sandpaper to make a desk from a log quicker. Give him his money back or just make the desk yourself. How incompetent can you be. 

The english is not that great @RorzNZ

iCTABLE is not a mass-manufacturing product, using technologies of individual production.

Besides that, there is no need for in house expertise, head on over to China and its built quickly. Your price is based on the quality you want and the profit margins you want.

If you dont keep your word, your word is not worth much.

Not you rorznz, whomever that company is/.

10 hours ago, Canada EH said:

The english is not that great @RorzNZ

Besides that, there is no need for in house expertise, head on over to China and its built quickly. Your price is based on the quality you want and the profit margins you want.

If you dont keep your word, your word is not worth much.

Not you rorznz, whomever that company is/.

They use a CNC for the wood and a laser for the aluminium. not exactly mass production, but definitely not individual. Pretty much automatic with those machines just upload the data and hit a few buttons. 

11 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

They use a CNC for the wood and a laser for the aluminium. not exactly mass production, but definitely not individual. Pretty much automatic with those machines just upload the data and hit a few buttons. 

Interesting

The milling aspect is automatic, still need to feed in the matertial into the machine. I am not sure where they are even based, so if they got some worker in N.A. then the price per unit is much higher.

Not even sure what they build, IC table

CTABLE is a modular, multifunctional workspace that integrates a PC, a computer desk, and a monitor mounting system along with a complex array of features designed to improve the user experience, such as a liquid cooling system, a set of conveniently placed ports, and best-in-class cable management.

That is right, I stopped reading right then and there. HAHAHAHAHAHA Besit-in-class, that is like the Donair place with "The Best Donairs In The Universe" LOL

Ok so the thing moves up and down, maybe tilts on the X and Y axis, but I doubt it. Not a complex item to produce.

Oh I see now it has them monitor stands, still easy enough. Its the follow through on how its built, and they failed!

On 11/26/2018 at 7:48 PM, Astro932 said:

you have no idea, my friend. I had an entire room designed and themed after this desk that I was submitting to some setup competitions as thats what I do every year or so but they screwed me out of this dream desk and all the money I threw down remodeling and designing my mancave.

its ok though cause I am adapting and going to make an epic room setup with the stuff I have anyways and am planning my next one after this already too... this theme is space and stars all blackout curtain walls and handmade fiber optic star ceiling with handmade LED thunderclouds and a shitton of LED ropes and nanoleaf tiles with a giant handpainted UV sensitive terraforming planet painting on the wall should be done feb 2019 but I'm considering doing fiber optics in the carpet and curtains as well and is so may take a few months longer as that shit takes forever to make lol  the next one... well lets just say google infinity room and I'm designing a man cave that is going to look similar to that except star ceiling and floor with mirrior walls on all sides and handmade infinity mirror pictures throughout and an infinity mirrored desk which i have made one already before just going to do on a larger scale and better. I fucking love creating this shit!

I think I'm a bit high as I'm rambling so thanks for listening lol.

Interesting

The milling aspect is automatic, still need to feed in the matertial into the machine. I am not sure where they are even based, so if they got some worker in N.A. then the price per unit is much higher.

That is right, I stopped reading right then and there. HAHAHAHAHAHA Besit-in-class, that is like the Donair place with "The Best Donairs In The Universe" LOL

Ok so the thing moves up and down, maybe tilts on the X and Y axis, but I doubt it. Not a complex item to produce.

Oh I see now it has them monitor stands, still easy enough. Its the follow through on how its built, and they failed!

They are based in California from what my drawn-out research into finding a way to actually contact them over phone fruitlessly provided. they buy all the aluminum from China and have it shipped here. The product is cut and assembled here in the USA and then shipped.

these people are hopefully gonna find out screwing me over isn't a good idea because I won't shut up about it as we can see lol. fuck with my dream desk and I will come at you bro! lol

Interesting

What the hell even is best in class cable management? I'm mean WTF? all wireless is best in class for wire management lol

hey hey everyone I have "Best in Class Wire Managment with our all Wireless System!"

hmm that as kinda dumb lol but fuck it! << lol i said but fuck haha! ok, I'm putting the weed away now TTYL! 

wait.... is there a policy against mentioning drugs on the forums! this would be a very bad time to get banned.. PLEASE DONT BAN MEEEEEE!!!

hahaha I made a funny!

I am at work on the graveyard shift in my sad little guard shack and I'm bored... and super cold...sorry. lol

1 hour ago, TheIcePhoenix said:

these people are hopefully gonna find out screwing me over isn't a good idea because I won't shut up about it as we can see lol. fuck with my dream desk and I will come at you bro! lol

I am sure ICtable cares ;)

1 hour ago, TheIcePhoenix said:

drugs

Hey its medicinal ;)

They are cracking down on certain things to do with Self Help phone, medicines etc.

59 minutes ago, TimsTips said:

OP got his money back, twice. Mods should close this thread.

Maybe.. if he was the only person with this issue do you think it would be FINALLY gaining attention? in other words, read more of the posts before you throw down a comment. thanks  :)