What’s the worst part of your rig?

MeltyMoon

IMG_20140203_170641_zpsaf54fb90.jpg

Filtered intake ftw xD

dude, i love your eco friendly rig xD can i have some more pics? please :D

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

4 GBs OF GOD FORSAKEN RAM

Indeed.

I will list my hatred by machine.

Dell Precision M90/M6300

I used to love this laptop. I still do. It breaks my heart that I can not really use it as a laptop anymore without major reform to the parts in it. The RAM is maxed out at 4GB DDR2 1066MHz, which is not enough really. The OS support list stops at windows Vista officially, windows 7 unofficially (Dell does not list windows 7 drivers iirc, but the vista drivers install and operate just fine). GPU needs replacing (it is a Quadro FX3600 iirc), as it functions just fine using the DVI/VGA ports, but will not display correctly from the integrated LCD (It looks as if it is artifact, but not so on external monitors). HDD support is officially SATA 1.5Gbps. I would really like to get it fixed eventually, and upgrade it a little bit (grab a motherboard out of a M6300, upgrade the CPU to a T9***/x9***, and get a replacement GPU and it would be my favourite laptop again. (especially the keyboard. I <3 that keyboard.). 

TLDR: Screen don't work. RAM is small. GPU issue.

Lenovo/IBM Thinkpad T61p

This is a nice laptop. I would not think twice about getting another Lenovo Thinkpad at some point in the future (though I think my next laptop will be a HP with the DreamColor LCD in it (would be nice if it came in 3k/4k/1440p resolutions, but would take 1080p)). What I hate about it: CPU is slow for my needs of that system. I had plans to replace it, but it fell down the list.The RAM needs an update to 8GB, but the P/P ratio is horrible.  The GPU is slower than I would like, but that is to be expected, it was not exactly a high end GPU new let alone years from release. The HDD support is fine, that is just a matter of getting a SSD/SSHD in the future should I choose not to replace it. Weight is not bad, it is lighter than the M90 ever was. BIOS is nice too (it is a modded version to unlock SATA II (chipset and connector supports it, but lenovo locked it out of the production bios for some reason).  LCD needs some work, the release latch is broken, and the back panel (the plastic) is cracked. The LCD still works though (could do with some color calibration, though it is still good (not as good as the Dell was, but far better than teh Acer/HP laptops I have used). 

TLDR: CPU is slow. Need more RAM. Needs a faster boot drive. Needs some mechanical repair. Needs some color calibration.

HP Pravilion DM3

Where to start? Screen is AWEFUL. I can deal with the 768p in daily use. It is fine for what I am asking it to do resolution wise. What it needs is some differentiation between light grey and white or light blue and white. Viewing angle is okay, and by that I mean it is visible opened as far as the chassis will allow. Can not really comment on the angles off to the side, as I have not yet had a chance to try and watch it from the side.  The RAM needs an update to 8GB, but it supports DDR3, so it should be very easy to get 8/16GB very easily and at an acceptable price (though not looking to put a lot of $$ out on this). I miss my DVD drive, but that could probably be had in the form of a USB drive. The keyboard leaves a lot to be desired as most of the navigation keys are gone, no numpad and the function keys at fn keys (I would like to refresh the page HP, not turn the keyboard light on!).  The HDD is fine (but that is mine, not OEM equipment.), but could be bigger (running off a 120GB 7200 RPM Hatachi Travelstar. Great drive, just small for me). The CPU is a tad slow, but it is fine for day to day task. Not like it can be upgraded anyway, it is BGA (Pentium ULV).  The cooling unit is a tad loud for my tastes (Not a full blown GTX480 under load loud, but loud enough I can hear it with the TV on. Not necessarily a bad thing, just a little thing I do not like. 

TLDR: RAM (seeing a pattern?). HDD. Screen! Optical drive. keyboard.

Desktop in siggy.

Where to start? The CPU is fine. I would like to have a Xeon or locked i7 to get VTd support, but that is more of a want than a need. The RAM is fine. The SSD... Could be bigger . 128GB is not enough for much aside from the OS, but I can not really justify the $$ to get a 240+GB one to replace it. The HDDs are fine for the most part. The Seagate 3TB is plenty of room, but I would like to have a couple more, or a couple of those new 6TB drives that seagate has. This is more of WANT than need though. my 3TB is not even half full on average. My 250GB Western Digital (5400 RPM laptop drive) is fine as well. It makes a great scratch drive for downloads. The 500GB Hatachi Travelstar is fine as well as a scratch drive for recording, picture backup, and VM storage.  GPU is fine for me. It games well, it overclocks well, and it is not overly intrusive sound wise (by that I mean I can not hear it with my headphones on. It is nearly silent at idle, so no issue). Would like to upgrade to a 290/290x/295x2 or maybe TitanZ, but I still have not been able to justify the money for an upgraded card (I am not struggling to play games, nor accellerate Adobe and Autodesk products. Mining is just it doing something during downtime, and funds buying games that I normally would not spend the $$ on (basically games I think I may not like, or games that are overpriced in my opinion.  Like would I pay $20 for Going East expansion? No. Would I wait 2 weeks worth of downtime and spend several thousand doge on it? Absolutely.   Or would I spend $40 for an electric heater for one room? Not likely. Would I spend 2000 doge on it? YES!. Just funds extra things I would not generally buy, but would not mind trying or having. Now if only I could buy .45-70/7.62x54mm rounds with doge that would be great.). Case is fine (Corsair 750d), but would like to get a replacement panel for the front (damaged in shipping and was too lazy to RMA when a roll of super 88 will fix it). The PSU is plenty and fully functional, but I would like to have a custom cable with 5 SATA connectors at the right spacing for the drives, but I can live with 2 3 port cables being used. It is fine.  The CPU cooler is plenty, and it outperforms the CPU on overclocking. The motherboard is awesome. The only thing I would like it to do that it doesn't is to have AI Suite support for windows 8. I am fine with not having it too, but it is a nice utility to have.

TLDR: SSD -> More Space. HDD -> More drives in larger capacity. GPU -> Newer gen maybe? Case -> repair. PSU -> Custom cable.

I guess to round it all up, the only thing I HATE about any of them is the screen on this HP, and the fact that my Dell does not function properly. Everything else is more or less just a touch of dislike mashed in with a ehh it could be better.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

It's a craptop. I love my sennheiser 558s though

He who dies with the most tools wins.

finally bought my self a 2nd sound card to slot on my motherboard that has been leaving a slot but in the end I need another converted to a 2nd dac/amp I'm getting since I don't like having extra slots on my pc. getting a new speaker too. it cost quite a bit but hey why not.

imo not much lol I got my old mouse that doesn't work anymore plugged in my pc and a couple of keyboards just to keep the slot closed.

other thing that irritates me is my gaming rig with the bitfenix prodigy itx I wanna cut the holes on the gpu side and replace it with a mirror or something like some other dude did I saw and it looked really beautiful for me.

Live your life like a dream.

No Noctua or fan controller. :(

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Stock case fans.

I keep planning on upgrading when I install water cooling, but I always spend the money before I can buy all the parts.

Case is plastic and doesn't have handles on it. It always wouldn't hurt if it where an inch taller and wider to accept E-ATX. Need and E-ATX case (looking at the Thermaltake Urbane T81) and need to get a better PSU that is modular. Swap out the H80i for a full loop. Sell all the cards for about £380+ and maybe get a GTX 870/880.

Yea that's about it. Oh and paint the AF/SP fan rings orange because it would look cooler in a newer case.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

That my CCFLs all have white wires, why always white?

I feel your pain

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Case: Super silent no problem, little cable management holes... and its modern minimalism

Thats all, if you're wondering its Dazumba D-Vito 903

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

I don't hate it but I'm starting to dislike my RAM, it is brilliant, reliable and performs very well but lately I've been pretty much filling it up. I had BF3 running last night and I had a total of 3.77GB utilised and I was starting to lag, I must invest in some more because 4GB is starting to get to the point where it is not enough anymore.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I don't hate it but I'm starting to dislike my RAM, it is brilliant, reliable and performs very well but lately I've been pretty much filling it up. I had BF3 running last night and I had a total of 3.77GB utilised and I was starting to lag, I must invest in some more because 4GB is starting to get to the point where it is not enough anymore.

... I would be so screwed trying to play BF3 (if my GPU would play it, at least).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

everything that's in it! (not joking) i need an upgrade :mellow:

a roof top ninja :ph34r:

Details separate people.

Having just built my first PC, the one thing I am not happy with (in a very aesthetic, shallow sense) is the motherboard. I really liked the MSI Z87 Mpower motherboards - they look great. As it happens something had to give to meet my budget and the mobo - being an area where you get minimal performance increases for big bucks - was the point I compromised at.

Got an MSI Z87 G45 in the end and it mostly looks fine, I just can't stand the cheesy dragon "tattoo" style design on the chipset heat sink. It's such an immature 90s teenager design style and ruins the look of the whole rig.

Oh well, had to save money somewhere...

I personally hate the fact that my rig is just an officetop with an upgraded PSU and GPU tossed inside, also its a mid tower which makes cable management hell for me.

My Corsair HX1000 has blue decals on it which completely ruins my colour scheme! Fortunately I think I will swap from my CM HAF X to a NZXT H440 as it accomodates more radiators and then I can hide it! 

my cpu is bad for OC but other than that i love it or else i would have never got the parts

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Since I've upgraded my PC, I hate my RAM, GPU(s), HDD(s) and lack of a custom loop.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

sometimes the size of it. mostly when my friends and I have lan parties its so big and heavy

Motherboard - Asus Z97-WS ll Processor -Intel i7-4790K ll Cooling- Custom Loop ll RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB(2x8) @2400 ll Graphics Card  - EVGA GeForce GTX 980 TI ll PSU - Corsair AX 1200 Watts ll SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB ll HDD - seagate barracuda green 2TB & Seagate 4TB ll Case - Silverstone TJ11 ll Audio - Asus Xonar Essence STX  ll OS- Win 10 PRO 64-bit ll Keyboard- CM Storm QuickfireTK Green Switchesll Mouse- Logitech G502

Broken front panel. Brother broke it. Now it's caved in like a V. Also, I hate the motherboard in my case. Dead company, so no updates, and too limited in features.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

• 1 month later...

Power Supply.  Ultra LSP750.  It's deafening and has nasty voltage sag. I can hear it THROUGH my headset whilst gaming! And its non-modular. I can't wait for it to blow up.

"I have not seen everything and anything is possible" - J. Guru

Everything is being bottlenecked by a GTX 460 that has lifetime warranty. And I can't seem to fry the card to take advantage of the warranty..... embarrassing I know... 

..The GPU just ripped itself of the computer on it's own and flew out of the window and smacked on the floor 50 stories down. Replacement now pls.

The thing I hate about my PC is the noise. Apparently it's pretty quiet but I want it to the stage where the only time I can hear it is when my head is in the computer xD.

..The GPU just ripped itself of the computer on it's own and flew out of the window and smacked on the floor 50 stories down. Replacement now pls.

The thing I hate about my PC is the noise. Apparently it's pretty quiet but I want it to the stage where the only time I can hear it is when my head is in the computer xD.

Welp that GTX 460 has been replaced now, its sitting on my shelf as a possible back up GPU someday I guess. I'm disappointed I may never get to take advantage of that lifetime warranty but oh well... *shrugs*

Thanks to @Vitalius donating his AMD 6870 to me I now have even more video ram for all the monitors :P

OetF5JY.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^