Halo Infinite

Shreyas1
4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Yes, but that doesn't ignore the fact that MP is a key element to the franchise and what its community loves.

Honestly for multiplayer 343 just needs to copy the Halo 5 system except for the loot boxes. Maybe they could just do the exact same thing with updated graphics and maybe a new game mode or so. I really don't see them screwing up the halo multiplayer after how good the halo 5 one was

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

1 minute ago, Hunter259 said:

You do understand how multiplier was just kinda thrown in for the first one right? It's why it was so incredibly basic. Halo 2 started building the multiplayer that we now know but the game sold because of its SP.

To be fair, Multiplayer FPS games in 2001 were mostly pretty basic. It was enough. People loved Halo 1 multiplayer.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I loved the Halo series and cooped each game except for Halo 5 (we only have 1 Xbox One and they dropped local coop).  I hope this game has a rich and lengthy coop campaign.

Just now, Majinhoju said:

I loved the Halo series and cooped each game except for Halo 5 (we only have 1 Xbox One and they dropped local coop).  I hope this game has a rich and lengthy coop campaign.

I just hope they design the campaign in such a manner as to facilitate excellent 1 or 2 player campaign. I don't want to play the campaign Solo (like I do with every Halo game) and feel like I'm missing part of the campaign. But I also enjoy the ability for one of my friends to join me and kickass together.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, Majinhoju said:

3 minutes ago, Mio85 said:

Halo is pretty much the only reason I even bought an Xbox One. Hopefully this game is better than 4 and 5. I'll buy it regardless, but still.

It seems like they are hinting at using elements of the first trilogy as some have pointed out:

Master Cheifs suit is similar to that of his suit from CE

Halo 3 music plays near end of trailer

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Just now, Shreyas1 said:

It seems like they are hinting at using elements of the first trilogy as some have pointed out:

Master Cheifs suit is similar to that of his suit from CE

Halo 3 music plays near end of trailer

Hopefully, but this is 343 we're talking about.

17 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

To be fair, mp is a key element of Halo it was an arena rival to Quake and Unreal.

The first 3 halo games were the best campaigns I had ever played at the time. I would say campaign is one of the reasons I don't really have much interest in the newer ones. They generally have sub par campaigns compared to the first 3 and make it hard to play knowing the franchise will likely never have a great campaign again. 

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I mean they don't need to make it Destiny level online, but have local and online options for both. Plus sp options locally.

I'm not saying they can make a great multiplayer experience I am just saying they need to create a great campaign like they did with the first 3 which I think will be hard without the same people who created the first 3 halos. Halo 3 had a great campaign and had forge mode which allowed for all kinds of shenanigans and was a blast to play with friends. I mean they had these types of tools for awhile but I feel like the main reason people were turned away from the game was not for the lack of great multiplayer but rather the lack of a campaign. 

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, those were under bungie's control, who is now just working on the Destiny/future franchise.  343 is made up of ex-Bungie employees, iirc, but they haven't really made an on par game.  I hope this has good pvp and good campaign, but 343 seems to care more about the pvp aspect than the story.  One of the key people who worked on 5 didn't even know who Master Chief was.  xD 

I thought bungie was a part of Activision? They work for Disney?

6 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

No, Destiny is the future franchise of the "halo" universe the games are called Destiny there's even one area in the first game that's designed to be Master Chief's original helmet.  Activision is Bungie's publisher for those games.

Ok I am confused where is Disney in all of this? You talked about them working on a new franchise for Disney but it is now very unclear to me who you are referring to. 

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

God no.

This obsession with game devs making games multiplayer focused is annoying, and I sincerely hope it ends.

Many people play halo for the campaign, and I think there's enough interest in both segments to keep making both.

Only multiplayer? I'm fine with certain games being only multiplayer while others have both. For this game, I'd want Campaign to have more co-op. Playing with friends is always more enjoyable. Stories in games are so fun to play through. I always enjoy playing with a buddy of mine when going through campaigns. Online co-op and split screen co-op. I think the developers did say after Halo 5 got such bad reviews for not including split screen that they said they wouldn't do that anymore. I'm hopeful that 3rd time is where they get it right but idk. Very happy it's coming to PC though. Hopefully PC Xbox multiplayer will happen.

17 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Destiny is a future point in the Halo universe by Bungie.  It's an online only game.

Yeah this isn't true.

The Destiny universe is part of a separate fictional universe. It is not part of the Halo universe.

There's just too much different history between the two.

There are Easter Eggs for Halo in Destiny, because, ya know, the same devs. But Easter Eggs are not Canon.

Nice, finally a sequel to Halo on the PC!

(I don't acknowledge the existence of console-only games).

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

14 minutes ago, Weird Face said:

Nice, finally a sequel to Halo on the PC!

(I don't acknowledge the existence of console-only games).

That's a shame. Halo 2 and Halo 3 were epic games. Halo Reach was interesting, though not as good as Halo 3.

It would be awesome of they brought the Halo MC Collection (and Halo 5, which isn't part of the collection) to PC though.

Edit: Technically Halo 2 did come to PC. I owned a copy. But it was a fucking lazy shit port. Button prompts and the UI weren't even changed - it literally presented you with the Xbox UI and an Xbox Controller prompt when playing with mouse and keyboard.

8 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

That's a shame. Halo 2 and Halo 3 were epic games. Halo Reach was interesting, though not as good as Halo 3.

It would be awesome of they brought the Halo MC Collection (and Halo 5, which isn't part of the collection) to PC though.

Edit: Technically Halo 2 did come to PC. I owned a copy. But it was a fucking lazy shit port. Button prompts and the UI weren't even changed - it literally presented you with the Xbox UI and an Xbox Controller prompt when playing with mouse and keyboard.

Oh right, I forgot about Halo 2 completely. It felt such a dick move to end the PC Halo series on a cliffhanger then move onto console-exclusivity, as if saying "you must have an Xbox to find out what happens next, screw all of you PC gamers." It's probably how my internal hate for console-exclusives started.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W

Just now, Weird Face said:

Oh right, I forgot about Halo 2 completely. It felt such a dick move to end the PC Halo on a cliffhanger then move onto console-exclusivity, as if saying "you must have an Xbox to find out what happens next, screw all of you PC gamers." It's probably how my internal hate for console-exclusives started.

Indeed, I too wish that Halo 3 made it to PC.

But the game is fantastic - possibly the best in the entire series.

10 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

With the direction Microsoft is moving, and the fact that they own windows, I can really see maybe an updated or better optimized version of MCC and Halo 5 come to PC as a Windows store exclusive or something. If Halo comes to Windows store, then it might give Windows store a better chance of competing with Steam and other distributing softwares.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

Lol no I meant Destiny if there was a typo.  Destiny is a future point in the Halo universe by Bungie.  It's an online only game.

oh ok. yeah that makes a ton more sense.

You know what? I'm excited to see what they do.

I was... Let's say unimpressed with 4 and 5. But they seem to have taken feedback, it's coming to PC, that engine is bloody gorgeous, and at least in the tech demo they seemed to be developing an original trilogy feel.

I just hope it'll be available through Steam. There's no chance in hell, but exclusivity to the Windows Store is almost as bad as Xbox exclusivity to me.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

With the direction Microsoft is moving, and the fact that they own windows, I can really see maybe an updated or better optimized version of MCC and Halo 5 come to PC as a Windows store exclusive or something. If Halo comes to Windows store, then it might give Windows store a better chance of competing with Steam and other distributing softwares.

I would be perfectly okay with Microsoft keeping the Halo franchise a Microsoft Store exclusive, if they brought it to PC. No different from UPlay or Origin or Blizzard or any other number of platform exclusive systems. Microsoft still enjoys not having to pay Steam a 30% cut, and PC gamers get to play it.

1 minute ago, Dash Lambda said:

You know what? I'm excited to see what they do.

I was... Let's say unimpressed with 4 and 5. But they seem to have taken feedback, it's coming to PC, that engine is bloody gorgeous, and at least in the tech demo they seemed to be developing an original trilogy feel.

I just hope it'll be available through Steam. There's no chance in hell, but exclusivity to the Windows Store is almost as bad as Xbox exclusivity to me.

With a franchise like Halo, why would they bring it to Steam?

I understand many people don't like the Microsoft Store - I get it - but from Microsoft's perspective, there's no reason to put it on Steam, since all it means is they have to give Gabe a 30% cut.

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

With a franchise like Halo, why would they bring it to Steam?

I understand many people don't like the Microsoft Store - I get it - but from Microsoft's perspective, there's no reason to put it on Steam, since all it means is they have to give Gabe a 30% cut.

Like I said, no chance in hell, but it's something I wish for.

Though, as a business move, I wonder how many more people would buy it if they had the choice of Steam. Personally, the Halo franchise is one of my favorites, and even if this turns out to be a great game I probably wouldn't buy it on the Windows Store.

Maybe they could release it on Steam after a year or so, when they already made the bulk of their money and all they would be doing is attracting a wider audience. It is Microsoft, though... I don't know, thinking about it just makes me sad...

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

4 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Like I said, no chance in hell, but it's something I wish for.

Though, as a business move, I wonder how many more people would buy it if they had the choice of Steam. Personally, the Halo franchise is one of my favorites, and even if this turns out to be a great game I probably wouldn't buy it on the Windows Store.

Maybe they could release it on Steam after a year or so, when they already made the bulk of their money and all they would be doing is attracting a wider audience. It is Microsoft, though... I don't know, thinking about it just makes me sad...

To be honest, I don't think the game being on Steam would really give it that many more sales. Simply being available on PC itself should drive a majority of sales for those interested.

Remember, some of the most popular games aren't on Steam:

LoL (no idea how popular it is these days)

Minecraft

WoW

Fortnite

and so on. Being on Steam probably would help a bit, but I think the hype of Halo on PC will be enough for most gamers who were gonna purchase the game anyway.

47 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Halo 3 was definitely not epic and has by far the worst campaign of all the Halo games