Halo Infinite

Shreyas1
27 minutes ago, Eaglerino said:

Halo 3 was definitely not epic and has by far the worst campaign of all the Halo games

Worst campaign of all the games? So you seriously think Halo 4 had a better campaign then Halo 3?

We're seriously gonna disagree.

I'd probably rate the campaigns as follows:

1. Halo 1

2. Halo 3

3. Halo Reach

4. Halo 2

5. Halo 5

6. Halo 4

7. Halo ODST (I never finished the campaign due to boredom, which is the only reason it gets this low rating)

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

24 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

7. Halo ODST (I never finished the campaign due to boredom, which is the only reason it gets this low rating)

The only reason to own ODST was to complete an achievement for that sweet, sweet Recon armor. Campaign definitely subpar.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

To be honest, I don't think the game being on Steam would really give it that many more sales. Simply being available on PC itself should drive a majority of sales for those interested.

-snip-

I don't really count standalone games, like how for Minecraft you just download its own launcher from the website.

To be totally fair, I'm a bit inconsistent with non-Steam clients. I'm generally fine with Battle.net, for instance, but Origin is why I don't have Dead Space 3 or Crysis 3 and never plan to get them.

But I do wonder if anyone's compiled real data on it. Haven't most of the simultaneous releases been horribly broken on the Windows Store?

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

1. Halo 1

2. Halo 3

3. Halo Reach

4. Halo 2

5. Halo 5

6. Halo 4

Halo 2's that low? Man, I loved Halo 2. It felt like an adventure.

I'm not actually sure I'd be able to rank the original trilogy, They're all just good in different ways.

2 hours ago, Eaglerino said:

Halo 3 was definitely not epic and has by far the worst campaign of all the Halo games.

Not many people will agree with you.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

jesus christ this thread is way more toxic than i thought it would be

It looks very purdy. Really pushing photorealism. 

Hoping the story is there. Been really spoiled for great narrative games this last year or so. 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

2 hours ago, NovaMan01 said:

jesus christ this thread is way more toxic than i thought it would be

thought about reporting you for trolling. It is totally fine

4 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Worst campaign of all the games? So you seriously think Halo 4 had a better campaign then Halo 3?

We're seriously gonna disagree.

1. Halo 1

2. Halo 3

3. Halo Reach

4. Halo 2

5. Halo 5

6. Halo 4

I actually do but I don't remember Halo 4 very much. I should probably replay it. Here's mine:

Halo 1

Halo Reach

Halo ODST

Halo 5

Halo 2

Halo 4

Halo 3

Halo 3 was a straight copy of Halo 1 with inaudible voices and blindingly shiny graphics and too much bloom

Fascinating. 4 for me was easily the most impactful (next to 1 that is). Sure, the gameplay was a bit.. eh, but the story. And that ending!
Could've watched hours of Spartan Ops cutscenes.
Hot off the heels of the Kilo Five trilogy, I loved it. 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Halo Infinite..... Basically Bioshock Infinite but with Master Chief

13 hours ago, Lurick said:

It's more infinite!!

It's infinite x2 (I'm calling it early)

∞ ^ 2

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

10 hours ago, Dash Lambda said:

I don't really count standalone games, like how for Minecraft you just download its own launcher from the website.

To be totally fair, I'm a bit inconsistent with non-Steam clients. I'm generally fine with Battle.net, for instance, but Origin is why I don't have Dead Space 3 or Crysis 3 and never plan to get them.

That's fair - but I just think too many gamers have this blind love for Steam, and avoid other launchers/platforms. Giving Steam a monopoly over all games isn't a good thing. Ideally, every game would be on every platform and launcher.

There are legitimately people who won't buy a game if it's not on Steam. Those gamers are - in my opinion - not healthy for the games industry.

But I do wonder if anyone's compiled real data on it. Haven't most of the simultaneous releases been horribly broken on the Windows Store?

I can think of a few that have been buggy on launch, but I do not have any concrete data.

Halo 2's that low? Man, I loved Halo 2. It felt like an adventure.

I'm not actually sure I'd be able to rank the original trilogy, They're all just good in different ways.

Not many people will agree with you.

It's not so much that Halo 2 is "that low". It's just that Halo 1, 3, Reach, and 2, are all just that badass.

7 hours ago, Eaglerino said:

I actually do but I don't remember Halo 4 very much. I should probably replay it. Here's mine:

Halo 1

Halo Reach

Halo ODST

Halo 5

Halo 2

Halo 4

Halo 3

Halo 3 was a straight copy of Halo 1 with inaudible voices and blindingly shiny graphics and too much bloom

Wow. Let's just say that I definitely don't agree with you. Halo 3 was not a "straight copy" of Halo 1. Me thinks you need to replay the game.

Does Halo 1 feature an invasion of Earth, in which you fight in the Jungles and fight back an assault on a Human outpost? Does Halo 1 feature co-operative battle with the Sanghelios (elites) as our allies, against the misguided Covenant loyalists? Does Halo 1 massively expand the lore surrounding the Flood?

If you think they're basically the same game, I don't know what else to say. They aren't.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

My body is semi-ready.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

12 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

1. Halo 1

2. Halo 3

3. Halo Reach

4. Halo 2

5. Halo 5

6. Halo 4

I'd Go with 
Campaigns in this order.

1. Halo 3

2. Halo 1

3. Halo 2

4. Halo Reach

5. Halo 4

6. Halo 5

7. Halo ODST

Multiplayers

1. Halo 3

2. Halo 2

4. Halo Reach

5. Halo 4

6. Halo 5

Can't Put Halo CE because I didn't have a PC to run it or Xbox to play it at the time.

Halo 3 has a special place for me as it was the first Halo I owned, I did play the first two and played their campaigns, missed the Multiplayer experiences in their primes (I did have the opportunity to play Halo 2 in LANs prior though).  I think the Multiplayer in Halo 3 was near perfect, everyone was balanced, and it was based on your skill and knowledge of the map and game mode.  No loadouts, no Sprint/dodge/climbing, no perks, armor equipment. Just you the starting weapon, and the map.  Not that I dislike the more complexity the updates add, just it was simple in my mind. (I do find it amusing Lorewise that the most athletic/agile human in a powered suit might not be able to get up a ledge because its higher than his base vertical, which was taken care of with the climbing feature in Halo 5.)

Halo Reach though was where I fell in love with Shotty-Snipers and Swat playlists, playing Bloodgulch on on reach in 4v4 snipers was so much fun.

I'll be honest the last two Campaigns I believe were too reliant on the extended universe with the book trilogies of Kilo-Five and Forerunner Saga to set up the antagonist Jul Mdama and the Didact.  They we were expecting their campaign lovers to have already read those 5-6 books prior to playing the campaign to better understand their villains.  I think this was apparent when they Killed Jul in the first mission of Halo 5.  Then Halo 5 weighed on the expectations of players remembering/understanding Dr. Halsey's need to preserve her Spartans which is demonstrated in books First Strike and Ghosts of Onyx, and explains why Cortana wants to capture Master Chief and preserve him.  

Stepping away from the failures of their writing in the last two, game play I really enjoyed the new things they added in 4 & 5.  Don't understand how the radar has downgraded between 4 & 5 though or how Spartans lost the ability to dual wield.  I recently replayed Halo 3 and 5 Campaigns and the drastic difference in 8yr of game play and story telling is dramatic.  Also the fact 343 felt "comfortable" balancing the Halo 5 Campaign after launch tells me they weren't confident in their game at launch, but that is also the plague of modern video games the first few patches after launch.  

I was extremely disappointed in the lack of local multiplayer in Halo 5, and very happy to hear they are including it moving forward.

But I want to point out something when it comes to the "coming to PC" cheers of some on this forum.  Halo Wars 2 which was released as a "play anywhere" game (Xbox or PC on one purchase) is no longer supported on PC; granted this was developed by creative assembly, so they may have dropped it.  Also if I remember MS launched a Forge client on in their store for a week or so allowing PC players to play and design in halo 5's forge, but haven't heard anything for a while.

My hope for Infinite is it launches a new trilogy and they are able to write a compelling story.

The Halo Universe is quite vast and I wouldn't mind them branching out in spin-off games in completely different genres.  I could see them easily fitting in a Assassians' Creed/Shadow of Mordor type game based on the Pre-Covenant, Colonial uprising time period which is the original reason the Spartan-II program was intended.  You could be a a Spartan-II in Mark 3 or 4 Mjolnir armor.  They already have decent Console RTS and then the Arcade top down shooters.

I kinda hope they don't attempt a Destiny Clone (MORPGFPS), granted they could work it into the Lore, players are all Spartan-IVs running around on missions in fireteams etc.  But it would be redundant in the gaming space because the fan bases are practically the same people, IMHO.

Good Lord, ok I think i'm done.  Rant(?) over.

Emerald Shade: i7-4790k -  2x360rad Custom Water Cooled Loop  - MSI Krait SLI - Corsair Vengence Pro 2x8gb 2400 - OCZ RD400 512Gb - Samsung Evo 850 250Gb - 2x Seagate Barracuda 3Tb HDD - EVGA 1080 GTX FTW DT - InWin 303 - EVGA G2 850 - Win 10

The game looks trash but the engine looks great. 

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

2 hours ago, I-r0k said:

The game looks trash but the engine looks great. 

How if we only saw a engine demo?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Looking forward to playing it. Wonder how they'll handle the competitive scene for it, split between PC and Console.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Just now, niofalpha said:

Looking forward to playing it. Wonder how they'll handle the competitive scene for it, split between PC and Console.

I think there will probably be different servers for PC and Console or keyboard support for console

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

1 minute ago, Shreyas1 said:

I think there will probably be different servers for PC and Console or keyboard support for console

No, there will definitely be different servers for both. Just curious if they're gonna split HCS into 2 divisions, or just ignore PC.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha