How bad is Weed?

BuckGup
3 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

illegal

Well yeah, going 1 over the speed limit is illegal but everyone does it anyways because the consequences are minimal.

Same goes for not stopping completely at a stop sign or red light. Passing in a car at a crosswalk. 1 person in HOV lane. Its a matter of consequences for the average person. A matter of filling an addiction for others. Booze is legal, but over do it and it causes massive health problems. Same goes for weed.

This in an interesting video, and covers all aspects of the drug, but watch it fully.

You know the major reason the government made drugs illegal

Weed was to imprison Mexicans and South Americans.

Opium was to imprison the Asian communtiy.

Crack Cocaine was to imprison African Americans while the same quantity of powder cocain that white people snorted got much much much less consequences.

Later on it became more and more profitable to imprison people because it kept judges, guards, police and private corrections companies their bellies full. That is why there were never no "Lets help out their addictions" treatment centers, why would they bother with that when their bellies were getting full locking up people that the government deemed. Richard Nixon was a racist president.

5 hours ago, Canada EH said:

because the consequences are minimal.

is not an excuse.

If we have a look at the UK penalty regarding possession of a class B Drug of which Cannabis is one

Amphetamines, barbiturates, cannabis,

codeine, ketamine, methylphenidate (Ritalin),

synthetic cannabinoids,

synthetic cathinones(eg mephedrone, methoxetamine)

Up to 5 years in prison, an unlimited fine or both

Same in Canada if you have more than 30g

Penalties for over 30 grams, depend on how the Crown proceeds. If it treats it as an indictable offence, the penalties are higher: up to 5 years less a day, in jail.

Up to 5 years in prison for possession, is that a minimal consequence?

Regardless of how you personally feel about such a law, it's not worth the potential of up to 5 years in prison

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

In my personal experience marijuana was not addictive at all. In terms of respiratory health concerns it likely falls somewhere between pipe tobacco and cigarettes. In terms of mental health concerns, nobody really knows.

And that's the biggest problem with marijuana. It was so illegal for so long that people are just now starting to talk about doing serious research into it's effects and considerations of use.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

On 6/9/2018 at 12:09 PM, BuckGup said:

I guess I have a hard time understanding why people get drunk or high. It sounds pretty close minded and self centered but why do you feel the need to get high? You mentioned you feel better so are you depressed or something? Couldn't you go for a walk or golfing to feel better? Or do people do drugs to escape reality temporarily because they hate their life in some way? Sorry I am just trying to understand stuff

I think you're just overthinking it.

Let me ask you some questions:

1. Why do people eat cake?

2. Why do people drink Coke, Chocolate Milk, Iced Tea, or literally anything besides water?

3. Why do people have sex when they aren't trying to procreate?

4. Why do people eat candy?

Because it's fun/tastes good/feels good.

You don't have to be depressed to want to drink chocolate milk. I've never been "depressed" (using this term clinically, not in the informal "I'm just sad" way many people use it) in my entire life, and I fucking love chocolate milk, and drink it on occasion because it's delicious.

You don't have to hate your life, or be depressed or sad, or literally anything like that to enjoy smoking weed or getting high/drunk. By and large, most people smoke weed because it gives them an amazing feeling, and the risks are relatively very minor.

Do I really care if over my entire life, I shave off a few weeks or months? No. Because so many other things are going to shave off more time as to make the difference meaningless.

21 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Don't need to get home grown weed. Though, least with the Ecigs that have THC in it. It's mostly lab made and or grown. As far as rolling one up idk. I never smoked it like that due to coughing too much from the little particles in it. That's why I stick to vaping it.

Just out of curiosity, what do you use to vape? And do you use regular dried weed? Oil? Something else?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

2. Why do people drink Coke, Chocolate Milk, Iced Tea, or literally anything besides water?

Next to unsafe sex none of these will kill people via ones stupidity/uncontrollable use... They might kill said person but unless they have an attack/medical emergency while driving it's very doubtful anything you've listed could kill others. So to ones perspective towards this subject using weed could be seen as a escape clause from reality.

I know where you're coming from however. In York Region I see many people who either smell of or smoke weed, mostly recreational my guess. Sure some will use it to "escape" reality but I doubt they all do. Weird thing is Vapes have actually dropped in use near where I live, partially due to laws the rest is due to inconvenient locations I guess(one location shut down, but it broke so many laws...)

I actually don't fear getting hurt or killed by a drug ab/user/lord/gang/etc, I'm more afraid of the general public being simply too stupid to drive, but even then I don't actually fear them.

23 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Idk I haven't had any issues with them so far. As for smoking inside I just don't do it and no one else should either. It's called common courtesy some people forget that. I especially don't smoke weed out in public unless I'm only with friends who are ok with it being around them. Only really smoke it then watch TV in my room before bed so yeah. Can't speak for other people's bad manners.

On YRT alone I've witnessed 2 people smoking on the bus(buses were not allowed to go out of service either), and well over a dozen vapers. Most of these lawbreakers really don't care about others safety and wellbeing, if you confront them they would likely become violent towards you. I've luckily not been on a bus (but platforms, yes) where someone lite one up. But where I live at any point in time there could be upwards to 6 people smoking at a major platform even tho they are spammed with no smoking signs, if enforcement sees them they usually ask them to leave the premise, which at one station means the one exit point for their clients to another property which also has no smoking signs. Basically pushing the issue somewhere else, still hindering clients...

3 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Next to unsafe sex none of these will kill people via ones stupidity/uncontrollable use... They might kill said person but unless they have an attack/medical emergency while driving it's very doubtful anything you've listed could kill others. So to ones perspective towards this subject using weed could be seen as a escape clause from reality.

Weed will not kill people either, unless used irresponsibly (no different from alcohol or many medications). For the vast majority of people, they can consume weed fairly safely with relatively little risks. Just don't smoke (or vape or eat) and drive.

Using weed can be an "escape clause from reality". Just like binge eating. Just like drinking. Just like literally any number of things that feel good.

However, the assumption that people in general use weed to escape from reality is not grounded, and is laughable. Some do, yes. Just like some people abuse many things (including video games) for escapism.

I know where you're coming from however. In York Region I see many people who either smell of or smoke weed, mostly recreational my guess. Sure some will use it to "escape" reality but I doubt they all do. Weird thing is Vapes have actually dropped in use near where I live, partially due to laws the rest is due to inconvenient locations I guess(one location shut down, but it broke so many laws...)

Definitely only some use it as escapism. Most use it, for the same reason people eat ice cream: because it's a fun experience that brings pleasure.

I actually don't fear getting hurt or killed by a drug ab/user/lord/gang/etc, I'm more afraid of the general public being simply too stupid to drive, but even then I don't actually fear them.

Okay then.

On YRT alone I've witnessed 2 people smoking on the bus(buses were not allowed to go out of service either), and well over a dozen vapers. Most of these lawbreakers really don't care about others safety and wellbeing, if you confront them they would likely become violent towards you. I've luckily not been on a bus (but platforms, yes) where someone lite one up. But where I live at any point in time there could be upwards to 6 people smoking at a major platform even tho they are spammed with no smoking signs, if enforcement sees them they usually ask them to leave the premise, which at one station means the one exit point for their clients to another property which also has no smoking signs. Basically pushing the issue somewhere else, still hindering clients...

There will always be people who are inconsiderate towards others. Best thing to do is to avoid them, but if they are - for example - using a public bus, just ask the bus driver to call security and have them removed at the next stop.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 6/8/2018 at 8:04 PM, SlipperyPete said:

heat in your lungs is a bad, and it is supposed to weaken memory skills over prolonged use over a period of time.

false and false.

I know plenty of athletes that have used weed for a long, long time.

I've also used weed for a long, long time, I now code even better than before I started.

4 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I think you're just overthinking it.

Because it's fun/tastes good/feels good.

You don't have to be depressed to want to drink chocolate milk. I've never been "depressed" (using this term clinically, not in the informal "I'm just sad" way many people use it) in my entire life, and I fucking love chocolate milk, and drink it on occasion because it's delicious.

You don't have to hate your life, or be depressed or sad, or literally anything like that to enjoy smoking weed or getting high/drunk. By and large, most people smoke weed because it gives them an amazing feeling, and the risks are relatively very minor.

Do I really care if over my entire life, I shave off a few weeks or months? No. Because so many other things are going to shave off more time as to make the difference meaningless.

Just out of curiosity, what do you use to vape? And do you use regular dried weed? Oil? Something else?

I use a electronic vape/cigpen there's a lot of Vapes and cig pens out there. The stuff that's in it is thc not sure if it's considered oil or resine. It's just a liquid that has a somewhat high viscosity to it. I only use the vape as I don't really care for the smell of weed. Only tried smoking weed that you'd roll into a joint 2 times. Didn't like the burning/burnt particles in my lungs. With a vape you only get the smoke and not little bits of burnt weed in your lungs. It made me cough too much which is why I switched to just vaping.

57 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Idk not everyone has manners. Can't judge everyone based on those people though. Also the people with Vapes might be smoking nicotine not weed still I wouldn't smoke anything around others who weren't ok with it and I definitely wouldn't smoke indoors other then my room. It's similar to people who get piss drunk in public and then cause trouble. There's a time and a place for everything.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

4 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I only use the vape as I don't really care for the smell of weed

Yup that smell, good ole smell of Mary Jane.

You could put heroine in there too if you wish. Opium, dont matter. No would know what they are inhaling as they pass you exhaling your vape.

8 hours ago, Mornincupofhate said:

false and false.

I know plenty of athletes that have used weed for a long, long time.

I've also used weed for a long, long time, I now code even better than before I started.

My brother is a body builder type. Smoked weed and did worse drugs never effected him. What he said is correct just not for all people. Lol When I was zonked out of my mind I sometimes would just flat out space out and ignore people, or forget something that was told to me a second ago while looking at the person who said it. That being said that only happens when I smoke enough and get a really goodental high going and turn into a zombie. Really depends on the person and how they react to it. Either way I'd say if your driving or doing anything where you can hurt yourself or others it's not a good idea to be high at that moment. Just like I wouldn't take a Percocet then drive down the highway. 

7 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Yup that smell, good ole smell of Mary Jane.

You could put heroine in there too if you wish. Opium, dont matter. No would know what they are inhaling as they pass you exhaling your vape.

I could, but I never would smoke any of those things lol nor would I give people a contact high I'm far too selfish for that :P

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

2 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I could, but I never would smoke any of those things lol nor would I give people a contact high I'm far too selfish for that :P

Most dont give a fuck where they exhale their unknown shit in the vape.

I am glad to see you are a condiserate vaporist.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

There will always be people who are inconsiderate towards others. Best thing to do is to avoid them, but if they are - for example - using a public bus, just ask the bus driver to call security and have them removed at the next stop.

You do realize this is YRT we are talking about right? About mid 2017 they finally started issuing tickets basically 100% of the time for fare evaders... VivaNext is a complete failure, their operation costs are out of this world. Bus drivers even if told will likely do nothing, and if they do control is ran by a bunch of bumbling idiots, drivers are basically told their only job is to drive and give basic instructions... Last weekend it took 3/4 Newmarket bound buses before one even got the ability to short turn(snow days apparently no one answers), then a 30 minute wait for the next one (the bus that just left was 10 minutes behind still). A few months back I hopped onto a empty bus talking to the bus driver about various things, they got their short turn call in about 1.5 stops from the point of going out of service, the bus to pick me up had to wait 3 minutes where if the call was made 5-10 minutes earlier the waiting could have been avoidable.

Todays 2017 bus I was on actually had a broken joint for a bar at the top of the bus near a exiting door, something that should have been noticeable during cleaning unless it just happened (doubt it).

But yea, the only people who ask smokers to leave any non-smoking premise are enforcement no one else does, and finding a enforcement anywhere (for on bus incidents) near a place north of Richmond Hill Center is almost impossible, esp after 8PM.

1 hour ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Idk not everyone has manners. Can't judge everyone based on those people though. Also the people with Vapes might be smoking nicotine not weed still I wouldn't smoke anything around others who weren't ok with it and I definitely wouldn't smoke indoors other then my room. It's similar to people who get piss drunk in public and then cause trouble. There's a time and a place for everything.

I know one can't judge, and I don't. I've been around vapers who actually blew away from me or simply stopped because I don't use anything, same with smokers. Saying all drinkers all smokers all drug users are incesable imbeciles would be a stupid thing to say. While my numbers might sound like I'm blaming a majority of users, in reality I just live in/around a shitty area full of idiots, in a region ran by idiots. Tho how many people drive out of the LCBO's locally I wonder if they are drunk leaving them...

1 hour ago, Canada EH said:

That's possibly the most hazardous part of vapes is the unknown to those who are not using it.

5 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Most dont give a fuck where they exhale their unknown shit in the vape.

I am glad to see you are a condiserate vaporist.

I only vape at home or when I go for a walk outside so there's really nothing to bother anyone else. I just don't take a hit when someone's walking by within 5 feet of me when I'm outside.

4 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

You do realize this is YRT we are talking about right? About mid 2017 they finally started issuing tickets basically 100% of the time for fare evaders... VivaNext is a complete failure, their operation costs are out of this world. Bus drivers even if told will likely do nothing, and if they do control is ran by a bunch of bumbling idiots, drivers are basically told their only job is to drive and give basic instructions... Last weekend it took 3/4 Newmarket bound buses before one even got the ability to short turn(snow days apparently no one answers), then a 30 minute wait for the next one (the bus that just left was 10 minutes behind still). A few months back I hopped onto a empty bus talking to the bus driver about various things, they got their short turn call in about 1.5 stops from the point of going out of service, the bus to pick me up had to wait 3 minutes where if the call was made 5-10 minutes earlier the waiting could have been avoidable.

Todays 2017 bus I was on actually had a broken joint for a bar at the top of the bus near a exiting door, something that should have been noticeable during cleaning unless it just happened (doubt it).

But yea, the only people who ask smokers to leave any non-smoking premise are enforcement no one else does, and finding a enforcement anywhere (for on bus incidents) near a place north of Richmond Hill Center is almost impossible, esp after 8PM.

I know one can't judge, and I don't. I've been around vapers who actually blew away from me or simply stopped because I don't use anything, same with smokers. Saying all drinkers all smokers all drug users are incesable imbeciles would be a stupid thing to say. While my numbers might sound like I'm blaming a majority of users, in reality I just live in/around a shitty area full of idiots, in a region ran by idiots. Tho how many people drive out of the LCBO's locally I wonder if they are drunk leaving them...

That's possibly the most hazardous part of vapes is the unknown to those who are not using it.

Yeah I wouldn't want to breath in something I don't know about. That's why I don't do it around others. An if I did that would be after asking them if they are ok with being around it and I'd tell them what is in the vape so they can decide for themselves if they are ok with it or not.

10 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Except for the terrible, terrible smell that vaping opiates, heroin, and amphetamines makes. You forget that the traditional way of "smoking" these things is actually a crude form of vaping, and as such an electronic vape would emit very nearly the same odors.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

40 minutes ago, Jonnyswboy said:

Drinking any amount of alcohol is worse for you than drinking no alcohol.

Not necessarily. Studies have shown that small amounts of regular drinking can actually increase health outcomes over the long term.

Yes, there's also potentially negative outcomes too, but you have to balance the relative vs absolute risk for each outcome. Drinking small amounts regularly, the positive outcomes easily outweigh the negative risks.

With that in mind, if you don't like drinking, don't. And definitely don't binge drink, since that is associated with extremely negative health outcomes.

Smoking weed is bad. Smoking anything is bad for your lungs. 

5 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Not necessarily. Studies have shown that small amounts of regular drinking can actually increase health outcomes over the long term.

Yes, there's also potentially negative outcomes too, but you have to balance the relative vs absolute risk for each outcome. Drinking small amounts regularly, the positive outcomes easily outweigh the negative risks.

With that in mind, if you don't like drinking, don't. And definitely don't binge drink, since that is associated with extremely negative health outcomes.

"Studies have shown that small amounts of regular drinking can actually increase health outcomes over the long term."

NO, JUST NO.  People who don't understand studies bring up this point.

1. "But it is healthy in moderate amounts"

No it is not. Alcohol in any quantity is poison to the body. Any quantity.

It is the other anti-oxidants present in wine that is helpful. Not the alcohol itself. Alcohol has no health benefit.

You can get these anti oxidants in other food too. Grapes being one of them. You dont HAVE to drink alcohol to get these benefits.

2. Another stupid thing people say:

"Since the liver can remove alcohol, it means we are meant to drink alcohol"

No we are not. During food digestion, when the food is present in the stomach for hours, the carbohydrates present in food ferments to produce small amount of alcohol.

Even that small amount is so poisonous we have evolved to remove it immediately with our liver. Alcohol is poison to the body.

22 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Tbh sugar is far more harmful than weed.

No its not. We need carbs to stay alive. Excess sugar is bad. We dont need weed in any quantity.

3 minutes ago, avg123 said:

No its not. We need carbs to stay alive. Excess sugar is bad. We dont need weed in any quantity.

We don't need sugar in quantity either, we have starch for that.

Linus is my fetish.

5 minutes ago, Bhav said:

We don't need sugar in quantity either, we have starch for that.

Carbs is Carbs. In any form. You think starch is less harmful than sugar? They both get broken down to the same thing inside our body and excess of any of them causes same harm.

Fat, carbs, glucose and cholesterol are all interchangable inside the body. Excess of consumption of fat or carbs cause the same harm.

27 minutes ago, avg123 said:

carbs is carbs. In any form. You think starch is less harmful than sugar? LOL They both get broken down to the same thing inside our body and excess of any of them causes same harm.

First of all, starch is broken down into only glucose.

Table sugar (sucrose) is broken down into glucose and fructose.

The body is unable to metabolize fructose, which is converted into glycogen and stored as fat, and is only then converted into glucose if your blood glucose level is low.

Even worse is high fructose corn syrup = nothing but instant fat gain.

Linus is my fetish.

8 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

ext to unsafe sex none of these will kill people via ones stupidity/uncontrollable use...

Say that when you get diabetes from all that sugar :P

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

as long as you are done developing in terms of Brain structure (roughly the age of 22) weed is essentially harmless. Think of it as alcohol except you do not damage your liver. but like alcohol, its not the greatest idea to be drunk or high 24/7.