Well this guy did not do his research

ILLUMINATY

I am simply amazed by some people. Like the one who made this video. I ask this community to dislike it and tell this person to redo it. Because I simply hate the fact that he got so many things wrong. Specifically:

„AMD oc`s better then intel“  „GTX 1030“ „EPYC servers are supported by intel“ „ocing (overclocking) is an AMD only feature“ and many more witch I do not remember or did not have enough knowledge to recognize.

So plz help me enlighten this guy by telling him to remake this video because I like to watch his youtube channel and just cannot stand the thought off miss-information on this video and other videos with different topics that I`m less knowledgeable about.     

1 minute ago, geo3 said:

But this did happen....

Really? The i3 8100 is listed as a quad core 4 thread cpu.

8 minutes ago, ILLUMINATY said:

"Hyper-threading is an Intel only feature“

This is true. Hyperthreading is a proprietary technology developed by Intel. AMD has simultaneous multithreading which does pretty much the same thing, but it is not hyperthreading.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

Just now, LtStaffel said:

This is true. Hyperthreading is a proprietary technology developed by Intel. AMD has simultaneous multithreading which does pretty much the same thing, but it is not hyperthreading.

noted. thx

2 minutes ago, ILLUMINATY said:

Yes. 7th gen i3 was 2 core with hyperthreading. 8th gen i3 (with the exception of the U chips) are 4 core without hyperthreading

13 minutes ago, geo3 said:

But this did happen....

12 minutes ago, ILLUMINATY said:

"Threads" are one thing, hyperthreading is another. It's wrong to say "Intel dropped threads" because it's meaningless, but it's true that covfefe lake i3s don't feature hyperthreading. The branding is misleading though, the correct name would be "logical cores".

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

"Threads" are one thing, hyperthreading is another. It's wrong to say "Intel dropped threads" because it's meaningless, but it's true that covfefe lake i3s don't feature hyperthreading. The branding is misleading though, the correct name would be "logical cores".

thx, now I know

Watched half. Yeah nope. This is why I rarely reach outside my comfort zone on YouTube. If dashlane really gave this guy money I guess it's time to switch password manager. :| 

• EPYC is AMD, not Intel
  • There is no GTX 1030. Think they mean GT 1030.
  • Overclocking is also available on Intel platforms. But the regular Intel consumer isn't going for those SKUs so I guess I'll let that slide. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Dear Jeebus... that hurt.

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

To me it sounds like he accidentally said "Intel" a couple times instead of AMD.  He said AMD correctly most of the time.  AMD CPU's used to overclock higher than Intel ones too.  They were hitting 5GHz long before Intel.

I'm guessing he doesn't have the editing team Linus does.  Linus makes lots of mistakes in his videos, but there are almost always text corrections for them.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

46 minutes ago, ILLUMINATY said:

amazed

Its the age of Fake News!

Where people do not do their due dilligence in researching, happens with the big corps like CNN and New York Times all the way down to scrapers on YT.

While I know there was a hell of a lot of mistakes in the video the main thing that kinda annoyed me was the fact that he said "nm" not nano-meter...

PC:

CPU:  Intel Core i7 10700k (Currently at 4.7Ghz All Cores) | Motherboard: AsRock Z490 Extreme 4  | RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3000MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA | Cooler: Fractal Design Celsius S36 | Case: Phanteks Eclipse P600S  | PSU: Corsair RM850X | Storage: 512GB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD, 1TB WD Blue M.2 SSD | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Peripherals:

Monitors: Acer XV272UP, 2x Acer KG221Q, HTC Vive Headset  | Keyboard: AFXMK0217 | Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 | Sound: Logitech Z313, Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 OHM (Studio) |

Other Inputs:  Saitek X52 Hotas, Steam Controller, XBox One Controller, Valve Index Controllers

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6

PC gamer and Hobbyist Electrical Engineer and Full Time Product Engineer

11 minutes ago, danakahawkeye said:

While I know there was a hell of a lot of mistakes in the video the main thing that kinda annoyed me was the fact that he said "nm" not nano-meter...

Did the same thing about talking about TDP of Ryzen mobile processors..  "15 double vee"

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

1 hour ago, ILLUMINATY said:

Intel's previous generation Core i3 chips were 2 cores/4 threads via Hyperthreading.

Intel's current generation Core i3 chips are 4 cores/4 threads without Hyperhreading.

All Intel did differently was add more physical cores.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

16 minutes ago, danakahawkeye said:

I knew a guy that would say gb and mb instead of gigabyte and megabyte...

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I knew a guy that would say gb and mb instead of gigabyte and megabyte...

Probably because he didn't know what they stood for?

I won't watch the video though. Two reasons:

1. Not going to let this guy monetize me.

2. I don't want YouTube "suggesting" other shitty channels.

@ILLUMINATY
oh man... this is why i hate this type of videos, it always sounds like some guy did some stupid research around the internet without really understanding anything, and presented some graphs from unkown sources without proof or anything and just added cool animation.

1:27

"the CPU is a fixed component within the computer"

that would be true for laptops, but obviously you can upgrade the CPU on desktops.

3:31
pretty sure Intel runs at higher temperatures because of their shitty TIM, it's not like Intel draws more heat, Intel actually draws less power than Ryzen, but there's just inefficiency issues with transferring the heat to the cooler.

AMD FX CPU's were really hot, but thats a 2013 CPU.....

3:35

sounds like he's saying only AMD CPU's can overclock.... wtf?

also yes AMD FX CPU's used to overclock really well actually, but that's not the case with Ryzen, this is a 2018 video why the hell would he talk about 2013 CPU's? (AMD had higher clocks but that's meaningless, FX CPU's were painfully slow)

4:02

again he's talking like AMD doesn't offer "hyper-threading", AMD calls it Simultaneous Multithreading (SMT for short) and its basically the same thing.

AMD introduced SMT on Ryzen CPU's... so again.... he's talking about 2013 FX CPU's, or any CPU before Ryzen, outdated information for a 2018 video.

4:23

Ryzen 9................................... i wanna die

4:55

did he just say 15 Double-U? 

6:09

EPYC is AMD

don't know if i missed anything.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

CPUs are fixed components inside the computer, whereas RAM, HDDs, etc are not.

Really? This is so obviously wrong it's sickening.

Also, I would love to bring this to attention:

image.png.3f432a4bd7a1b8397da85c9435ba8fde.png

Not only is their video mostly incorrect, they can't even have proper grammar. Clearly, we're dealing with professionals here.

No CPU "draws heat". What he meant to say is power.

Overclocking is not exclusive to AMD. And if you look at the older FX and A-series CPU designs, they technically had hyperthreading, just a different form of it. He also failed to mention that overclocking speeds up chips at the expense of higher heat output and power consumption. Intel definitely overclocks better and with more reliability than AMD.

Someone explain to me what "Ryzen 9" is supposed to mean. I'm honestly clueless. Also, at this point in 2018, both Intel and AMD are more or less equally functional and both are highly capable. As far as "AMD focusing on mobile devices" goes, they're pretty hard pressed to compete with Intel in that market. 

If AMD's Ryzen mobile chips can outperform a 7600K, I would probably go into shock. Power efficiency isn't everything you measure a CPU's performance by, and let's not forget the 7600K is an overclockable desktop CPU.

Epyc is an AMD server grade CPU, meant to compete with Intel's Xeons(which are also rumored to be launching soon given the release of the Optane DIMMs).

When was Cannon Lake released? It's clearly not "out" as he says in the video.

I also love that he says Epyc, which is a 7nm manufacturing process, is based on Intel's 10nm process along with Cannon and Ice Lake.

If someone could also explain this graph to me, that would be nice:

image.png.0c54fa4fa7b98f6816d312e56b4f73e5.png

I also dislike the clickbait title. He only mentioned different things about each company's products and got most of that wrong when he did that, completely failing to mention which one is better as the title implied.

I disliked the video, and even went as far as to report the video for misleading information while I was at it.