90km Wireless link

TomLima

Hi there,

Ive seen some LTT videos about PTP links recently.

Wi-Fi (or Wireless, duh) links can be very efficient and reliable even on a long distance.

Here's an example of a 90km PTP link with Carrier Grade SIAE radios, and a 2,40m antenna. (Also one of the towers are @ my profile pic!)

Link Speed is currently between 1.4Gbps-1.5Gbps, Link Mode 2x 2+0 XPIC (quad chain IDU)

IDU overview and tower locations in attachments, for science! haha.

Keep in mind those radios provide internet to a whole city. We're a ISP.

90km.png

90km-idu.png

Nice :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I have a picture of some logistics of a smaller antenna (not that small but...) and aswell a picture of the IDU (which controls the radios mounted on the antenna)

Notice the 4 chains (the black cables) in the IDU. Those cables goes all the way up to the radios.

ECCF0891.JPG

IMG_1056.JPG

Awesome! Here in Minas Gerais, Brazil, something like that would be harder. Like @LinusTech said in the first long range WiFi video, geography is a bitch. 

I think there's huge differences between setting up for regular usage and ISP. Specially in frequency.

• 8 months later...
On 5/31/2018 at 12:34 AM, Blebekblebek said:

I think there's huge differences between setting up for regular usage and ISP. Specially in frequency.

ISPs usually licenses the frequency to prevent noise.

This looks like a serious microwave link. Thanks for showing this off!

The CCR is set up for tunnelling over the link?

Nice! Siae seem to make some nice stuff, though I hated their web UIs. A colleague of mine maintains if someone can make great DMRs with good web stacks would instantly have us as a customer! Our largest dishes were 1.8M and I thought those were huge!

Thanks for sharing, its really interesting hearing what proper high-end installations are capable of.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7