I need some help deflating a pompous German...

Xanthe_2871
15 hours ago, Canada EH said:

1000's of years of beer making

vs 200 yrs

So what? Length of time doing something doeesn't always equate with quality.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

2 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

So what? Length of time doing something doeesn't always equate with quality.

If anything, it's impressive how good North American beer is, since they've matched (or surpassed, depending the particular brew/flavour and your preferences) the ancient European brews.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Really, the best way to win at this game is to not play the game at all.

But I'm sure that's already been said in the past two pages

Problem: I DECLARE THAT BLANKITY BLANK IS THE BEST EVER WHERE AS OTHER BLANKITY BLANK IS OBJECTIVELY THE WORST EVER!

Solution 1) Engage in an endless cyclical argument about pointless garbage where nobody's onion is changed.

Solution 2) Go get lunch, wouldn't a sandwich be tasty?

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

Solution 1) Engage in an endless cyclical argument about pointless garbage where nobody's onion is changed.

yellow_onion_large.jpg?v=1490224790

3025665820_d5b18b7a6a_b.jpg

I HAVE CHANGED THE ONION!

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 5/17/2018 at 9:23 AM, Xanthe_2871 said:

Yo! I have been chatting with a man over the internet for the last several weeks. He's pretty cool in some ways, but he can be quite arrogant. He's constantly insulting the United States and it's citizens. Some points are hard to argue with, in fact I agree the Imperial system isn't all that logical, or that US public schools can be quite lacking, and we do have more fat people than should be acceptable, but other points are just mean spirited. I don't know enough about Germany to counter with areas where the US is superior. 

I don't want to be hurtful or mean, I just need some valid points on things we do better than them, to help counter his grandiose self view, and show that he's not so perfect. It's as though it's been drilled into him that Germans are perfect and Americans are oafs. 

Some worldly knowledge would be greatly appreciated. And to reiterate, I want constructive criticisms. No Nazi stuff, or unnecessarily hurtful stuff. Just logical arguments, please.

Really? Americans can be quite arrogant themselves and insult other countries and citizens all the time, so what's the difference here?

Do you really care so much about this guy's opinion that you came here to get help to win an internet argument?

Be the bigger person and walk away.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

On 5/17/2018 at 3:20 PM, Canada EH said:

1000's of years of beer making

vs 200 yrs

Don't discount the current generation of extreme hipster-corksniffers. Ask any man in Europe and they'll tell you it's among the best period.

Personally I'd rather do a couple of shots than chew down some dishsoap tasting oil dubbed "craft beer".

17 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

If anything, it's impressive how good North American beer is, since they've matched (or surpassed, depending the particular brew/flavour and your preferences) the ancient European brews.

Not really, considering many of the people who make up the population of North America are of European decent. They didn't forget how to make beer on the journey, they probably carried a not insignificant amount with them. 

9 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

They're still gross raw things. Turn them into something tasty.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I do like raw onions on burgers.

6 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

Not really, considering many of the people who make up the population of North America are of European decent. They didn't forget how to make beer on the journey, they probably carried a not insignificant amount with them. 

Many. Not all. You cannot just take the entire Craft Beer market in North America and say "Welp... The Europeans get the credit for that".

Besides if you're going to go that route, then North American beer has just as long history (1000+ years) since their beer is adapted from European beer.

But regardless, many craft beer brewers are of all ethnic and nationalities, including, but not limited to Europe.

21 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

But they're not even the right kind of onion for that sort of thing. D:

Personally I prefer red onion, when raw. I like the smell of it. But green/white onions? Not my preferred type, but they are edible in small quantities.

Just mention the Holocaust and the fact that migrants are ruining their country.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

19 hours ago, Oggy said:

Don't discount the current generation of extreme hipster-corksniffers. Ask any man in Europe and they'll tell you it's among the best period.

Personally I'd rather do a couple of shots than chew down some dishsoap tasting oil dubbed "craft beer".

too shay

20 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Just mention the Holocaust and the fact that migrants are ruining their country.

Just mention that Americans lost a war against some Vietnamese farmers and that net neutrality is gone there.

You can talk about something like this for ever, this doesn’t lead to anything - pointless.

Main PC: R7 3700X / Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi / Radeon RX 5700 XT / 32GB DDR4-3200 / 250GB & 2TB Crucial MX500 (in HP Prodesk 400 Case)

Laptop: R5 2500U / Radeon Vega 8 / 8GB DDR4-2400 / 500GB SK Hynix BC501 (HP Envy x360 13)

My little Server: i7-7700 / Asrock H110M-ITX / 24GB DDR4-2400 / Samsung 860 Pro 250GB & Seagate Firecuda 2TB / VMware ESXi 6.7

(Don't tell me i should Name them, i don't want to ^^)

12 minutes ago, TheLaserCucumber said:

Just mention that Americans lost a war against some Vietnamese farmers and that net neutrality is gone there.

You can talk about something like this for ever, this doesn’t lead to anything - pointless.

Net nuetrality isn't gone yet there's still hope. Those two things you can't compare them to the Holocaust. 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

5 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Net nuetrality isn't gone yet there's still hope. Those two things you can't compare them to the Holocaust. 

It's the principle what matters, these were just two random things that I could think of first.

But see? It doesn't matter what I say, you would've argued with me anyway.

Besides, you can't blame most germans that are alive right now for the holocaust, because they weren't even alive back then.

Main PC: R7 3700X / Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi / Radeon RX 5700 XT / 32GB DDR4-3200 / 250GB & 2TB Crucial MX500 (in HP Prodesk 400 Case)

Laptop: R5 2500U / Radeon Vega 8 / 8GB DDR4-2400 / 500GB SK Hynix BC501 (HP Envy x360 13)

My little Server: i7-7700 / Asrock H110M-ITX / 24GB DDR4-2400 / Samsung 860 Pro 250GB & Seagate Firecuda 2TB / VMware ESXi 6.7

14 minutes ago, TheLaserCucumber said:

It's the principle what matters, these were just two random things that I could think of first.

But see? It doesn't matter what I say, you would've argued with me anyway.

Besides, you can't blame most germans that are alive right now for the holocaust, because they weren't even alive back then.

I wasn't. I just like stirring the pot. Letting rapy crime migrants into your country was way worse then anything Ashit pai is trying to do.

9 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I wasn't. I just like stirring the pot. Letting rapy crime migrants into your country was way worse then anything Ashit pai is trying to do.

Apart from the fact that I as a single person couldn’t change a thing about it, and I absolutely hate the AfD, don’t see it as critical as you. Yes, it maybe wasn’t the right thing. But where should they go if we wouldn’t take them? Back home and die thanks to those crazy Jihad guys?

That isn’t the right thing to do either.

But this is getting OT at this point.

On 5/17/2018 at 6:16 AM, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

If you're needing to ask a forum to help you win an argument, you've clearly lost already 

What? This is wrong on multiple levels. 

To paraphrase: "If you need the library to help you win an argument, you've clearly lost already."

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Remind them of the HK P7, G41 rifles, G43 rifle, and Volksstrumgewehr, all as pinnacles of German engineering.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

18 minutes ago, TheLaserCucumber said:

Apart from the fact that I as a single person couldn’t change a thing about it, and I absolutely hate the AfD, don’t see it as critical as you. Yes, it maybe wasn’t the right thing. But where should they go if we wouldn’t take them? Back home and die thanks to those crazy Jihad guys?

That isn’t the right thing to do either.

But this is getting OT at this point.

They aren't much different then the crazy Jihadis. That's why you now have a crime/rape problem in the EU. Don't let these people turn your country into Eurobeckistan. Sometimes you have to let people hit rock bottom before they'll fix their failed Islamic states.

This thread seems  that it could be kinda offensive for germans :o  Where is the love? =)

23 minutes ago, ReXiX said:

This thread seems  that it could be kinda offensive for germans :o  Where is the love? =)

Thank you very much :D

38 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

They aren't much different then the crazy Jihadis. That's why you now have a crime/rape problem in the EU. 

Maybe in the EU, but not in Germany.

Last years crime rate was lower than the one from 2016.

Maybe you should come over and see how it really is before you judge about something that you don’t know anything significant about.

Just now, TheLaserCucumber said:

Thank you very much :D

Maybe in the EU, but not in Germany.

Last years crime rate was lower than the one from 2016.

Maybe you should come over and see how it really is before you judge about something that you don’t know anything significant about.

Wie gehts es dir? :D Go team europe! haha :D