I need some help deflating a pompous German...

Xanthe_2871
1 hour ago, JoeyDM said:

ARPANET, the transistor, the airplane, full automatic transmission, GPS, and dozens upon dozens of other things that you probably can't imagine life without. Germany has some impressive inventions, but it can't come even remotely close.

GPS was developed by the US DoD for military purposes so there is a plus point

>German thinks they're superior.

That's hilarious. Had a good laugh there.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

25 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

So did Santos Dumont, had flights before the 1906 one at the that Paris event. Not gonna argue with US folk about this, a pride battle is always a pointless battle.

First successful controllable powered dirigible: Henri Giffard, 1852

First flight in an airship powered by an engine: Alberto Santos Dumont, 1898.

First flight in a powered airplane: Gustave Whitehead, August 14, 1901 (disputed somewhat)

First flight in a powered airplane: Richard Pearse, March 1903 (more recognized)

First controlled, powered, sustained airplane flight: Wright brothers, December 17, 1903. First flight, 12 seconds, fourth flight, 59 seconds

First circular flight in a powered airplane: Wilbur Wright, September 20, 1904. That year they had a more powerful craft. Longest flight was 5 or so minutes for 2.75 miles doing circles.

October 5, 1905- wright brothers make a flight more than 24 miles long lasting 39 and a half minutes, again flying laps.

Wilbur makes the longest flight of the year: 24-1/5 miles in 39 minutes, 23-4/5 seconds, more than twenty-nine times around the field, at an average speed of thirty-eight miles per hour.

October 23, 1906- Alberto Santos-Dumont flys 25 meters. But yea, he didn't use launch rails, so that totally invalidates the the previous flights, including the 39 minutes 24 mile one.

These are facts. This is a case of blind Brazilian pride, not American pride.
I can't dismiss Alberto, as with this timeline I laid out it's pretty obvious that if the wright brothers hadn't done it first, it would clearly have no been long, and probably would have been him or Pearse. They weren't the only ones working on airplanes, not even the first, but the were the first with a good control system.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

17 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

GPS was developed by the US DoD for military purposes so there is a plus point

I mean... Just to list ubiquitous ones, dental floss, the electric hearing aid, a shit ton of stuff in the medical field such as the defibrillator and chemotherapy, radiocarbon dating (a method, but still), the electric traffic light, the microwave oven, the assembly line, lasers, LEDs, GPS, ARPANET, email, the mobile phone, the internet protocol suite, the airplane, the personal computer, and the television.

These are inventions and methods. Not even accomplishments. 

2 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

the personal computer, the gasoline automobile.

Computers was actually invented by Charles Babbage but not sure if you mean a computer as we would call it today

And the motorcar was invented by Karl Benz of Mercedes Benz

5 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

Computer was actually invented by Charles Babbage but not sure if you mean a computer as we would call it today

And the motorcar was invented by Karl Benz of Mercedes Benz

I was referring to computers as they are known today. Personal computer. Also if I ever go to London I really want to see the Difference Engine 2.

Yes, you're absolutely right. I thoughts John Lambert came earlier, but it was totally Karl Benz. My mistake.

5 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

I mean... Just to list ubiquitous ones, dental floss, the electric hearing aid, a shit ton of stuff in the medical field such as the defibrillator and chemotherapy, radiocarbon dating (a method, but still), the electric traffic light, the microwave oven, the assembly line, lasers, LEDs, GPS, ARPANET, email, the mobile phone, the digital computer, the internet protocol suite, the airplane, the personal computer, the television, the gasoline automobile.

These are inventions and methods. Not even accomplishments. 

I'd dispute the gasoline automobile part.

image.png.1dd0cc948867e51acfde5e22ea545730.png

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

10 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I'd dispute the gasoline automobile part.

Totally removed it, I forgot that Karl Benz came first.

Although I think we had the first gasoline powered accident :P 

5 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Totally removed it, I forgot that Karl Benz came first.

Although I think we had the first car accident :P 

I think just the first gasoline powered accident.

There was an irish steam car accident, and some years later horseless steam carriages crashed a lot in London.

Basically I think man invented the wheel, and crashed it as soon as we invented the cart.

muh specs 

All parts black

Volkswagen emmissions scandal.

They don't produce aeroplanes (While The US has companies like Boeing).-

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

@Xanthe_2871

Here's one fun thing that germans do- they have a language and think they can just take any dumpster fire of sounds and make it a word, no matter how long.

Massenkommunikationsdienstleistungsunternehmen

is a word. Something about telecom or something idk. They just keep adding nouns to a s single word until they get their point across, just defying how language is supposed to work. So you'll get shit like

Donaudampfschiffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft
Which is apparently a no longer existing subdivision of  Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaft, a shipping company in the 19th century.

muh specs 

All parts black

Just now, Syntaxvgm said:

@Xanthe_2871

Here's one fun thing that germans do- they have a language and think they can just take any dumpster fire of sounds and make it a word, no matter how long.

Massenkommunikationsdienstleistungsunternehmen

is a word. Something about telecom or something idk. They just keep adding nouns to a s single word until they get their point across, just defying how language is supposed to work. So you'll get shit like

Donaudampfschiffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft
Which is apparently a no longer existing subdivision of  Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaft, a shipping company in the 19th century.

I fail to see how that's a downside. That's fantastic.

8 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

I fail to see how that's a downside. That's fantastic.

Really? Cause to me it looks like a sentence in a word. These motherfuckers have always liked grouping things- beer and bratwurst, group showers, and most of Europe. I'm pretty sure they invented the printing press cause they were tired of writing all of those god damn words.

muh specs 

All parts black

No one is perfect, no matter where he/she or it comes from here on earth...

You can't really judge a country by what is happening to its citizens. 

There are countries, that try to dumb down their citizenship, if it doesn't work on the less education way, then there are additives to the water/food... like flourid. 

Then there is germany... well I my self dwell here, and waht I see I don't like either around me. 

What is kind of indisputable, the whole bunch of hardcore capitalism crap is swarming out from the us and gets picket up a few years later in the rest of the world. Well much of that got picked up here as well... making profits no matter the cost or losses to the citizens. 

Well another thing, yes on the "Stammtisch" in the evening in the peoples bar of choice, there are our so called "Stammtisch Heros" who tlak out loud after, a few beers, what all goes wrong here and what needs fixin. The problem, most of it is propaganda, picked up by "quality news papers" like BILD, where their goal is to dumb down the citizens and direct them the way they want them to think. 

Else nothing happens much... 

If the things that happened here the last years happened in france, well ... lets be honest... quite a few riots would have been done, lots of cars burned... but we germans are too docile, we accept and accept and accept, until at some point the pressure gets too high, and boom... bad things happen... 

I think we could learn a bit about rioting from the french =) 

now my train of thoughts derailed... feel free to ask questions about the fußball and beer nation =P

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

1 hour ago, CookiezFort said:

They don't produce aeroplanes (While The US has companies like Boeing).-

Airbus has manufacturing facilities in Germany. o.O Even Airbus itself is born from the merger of French, English and German aircraft manufacturers.

48 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Airbus has manufacturing facilities in Germany. o.O Even Airbus itself is born from the merger of French, English and German aircraft manufacturers.

It's a French company though.

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

9 minutes ago, CookiezFort said:

It's a European multinational.  It's owership is 11.10% french and 11.09% German.  You have to be painfully nitpicky to tie Airbus to have a specific nationality at all.  And, again, it's very birth is from the merger of manufacturers from many European nations.  Germany is home to the final assembly of several Airbus aircraft.  Germany, does very much so, produce aircraft.

17 minutes ago, CookiezFort said:

Ashley is correct. Fun fact, the headquarters aren't even in France - they are in the Netherlands.

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

It's a European multinational.  It's owership is 11.10% french and 11.09% German.  You have to be painfully nitpicky to tie Airbus to have a specific nationality at all.  And, again, it's very birth is from the merger of manufacturers from many European nations.  Germany is home to the final assembly of several Airbus aircraft.  Germany, does very much so, produce aircraft.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Ashley is correct. Fun fact, the headquarters aren't even in France - they are in the Netherlands.

Guess I Always connected Airbus to Toulouse, thats my bad.

My PC:

Spoiler

23 hours ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Some points are hard to argue with

true so so true

Sorry about that eh ;)xD

6 hours ago, Anghammarad said:

There are countries, that try to dumb down their citizenship, if it doesn't work on the less education way, then there are additives to the water/food... like flourid. 

Well then they must be adding a lot to yours...

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

4 hours ago, xXxAdamxXx said:

Tell him American Craft Beer is better than German Beer.

1000's of years of beer making

vs 200 yrs

6 hours ago, QuantumBit said:

Well then they must be adding a lot to yours...

no, no flourid addition here but lots of calcium carbonate... sometimes the limescale that settles in the brain gets shaken lose at night and you'll find it on the pillow in the morning.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN